Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 16-03-2016, 02:24 PM   #1
Patty

Default Ford Fiesta ST Clutch issues

Hi Guys,

My friend has a 2015 Ford Fiesta ST which has only done 12,000kms. To say this guy treats his cars with extreme care is an understatement. He never thrashes the car, never takes it to track days (to be honest the ST is wasted on him as he drives like a Grandpa) but on the weekend at the lights, he popped the clutch in to take off and the clutch never came back up! Obviously he was stuck and couldn't get anywhere. He could manually pull the clutch out with his hands, but as soon as he popped the clutch back down, it would stay stuck down there. I haven't experienced this myself and was wondering if any Fiesta ST owners had this issue or heard of this happening. The car was towed to Ford dealership and they said they have never heard of that happening and they are looking at it now.
Patty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2016, 06:55 PM   #2
marko
Marko

First thing is look at is the return spring. I know the Focus XR5 Turbo occasionally had issues with this but haven't heard of such with the FiST yet.
Old 17-03-2016, 07:58 PM   #3
lukits01
Starter Motor

Default Re: Ford Fiesta ST Clutch issues

when in gear and the clutch pedal is down or on the floor, is the actual clutch engaged? i.e. drive is getting to the wheels, or the clutch is disengaged, i.e. car doesn't accelerate with throttle.
lukits01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2016, 08:56 PM   #4
Patty

The clutch is engaged. So it won't go anywhere with revs.
Old 17-03-2016, 10:07 PM   #5
NevermindST

Only issue with mine is its starting to slip at 32000km
NevermindST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2016, 10:26 AM   #6
Patty

Sorry Lukits,

Clutch is disengaged, meaning it's down all the way, you can select any gear but car won't move.

Ford Australia have come back to my mate and said they've never had this issue before and it will take 5-6 weeks for the part to arrive.
Old 19-03-2016, 01:41 AM   #7
lukits01
Starter Motor

edit, nvm my theory doesn't make sense with what you described.

Have you checked the clutch fluid level though?
lukits01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post