Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 11-04-2016, 03:58 PM   #1
B-McLeod
Starter Motor

Default 2010 Fiesta Zetec Fuel Economy + Power

I just bought a 2010 WS Zetec with 45,000km for $10,000.

The car overall is quite good, but I feel like there is a problem with the power and economy I'm getting.

It feels like it struggles to go up hills, and the accelerator is not very responsive at all... Sometimes while going up a hill, I put the pedal to the floor and get next to no extra power at all.

And the economy I'm getting is around 9.0L/100km with city driving (Not being a lead foot). I'm running it on Premium 95 petrol.

I took it to the mechanic and he said all seems fine.

Does anyone else experience this, or do I have a problem?
I'm seriously considering selling it after only having it for a month.
B-McLeod is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2016, 05:02 PM   #2
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2010 Fiesta Zetec Fuel Economy + Power

Is it a Auto? The 1.4 and the Auto were known to be quite a slug.
9L/100kms in city driving is probably quite fair if it is a auto.

I get 8-8.5/100kms in my WT manual with city driving (short trips).
Old 11-04-2016, 10:53 PM   #3
B-McLeod
Starter Motor

Yeah it's the auto. Same colour as yours too.

Hmm, if that's the norm I think I might just sell it. It's far too gutless when you need a little bit of power to merge into traffic, or go up a basic hill. I see other hatchbacks overtaking me!
B-McLeod is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2016, 03:36 PM   #4
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah that is probably why. 4 speed auto's and small motors don't go very well together. Did you drive it before buying?
This user likes this post:
Old 12-04-2016, 05:00 PM   #5
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-McLeod View Post
Yeah it's the auto. Same colour as yours too.

Hmm, if that's the norm I think I might just sell it. It's far too gutless when you need a little bit of power to merge into traffic, or go up a basic hill. I see other hatchbacks overtaking me!
I drove my Mrs' 2009 WS Zetec auto for a while back in the day, and I found having it in the Tiptronic mode gave it some more pep. It was never amazing on fuel either.

The auto/1.4 combo was disappointingly sluggish compared to the WQ Zetecs auto/1.6 combo and even moreso compared to it's manual brother which was a cracking drive and frugal AF!
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-04-2016, 06:47 PM   #6
01hdd
Starter Motor

I recently bought a 2010 Manual ZETEC and bloody love it! 7.7 to 7.9 L/100 around town and 5.8 on a highway run. I only use BP Ultimate 98RON (I won't pay over $1.30/L though)

Check/replace things like air filter, fuel filter, spark plugs etc.

I'm going to add a Cold Air Intake soon as these little engines love to breathe and are quite restricted as standard.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
01hdd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2016, 10:07 PM   #7
Pursya

Never used anything other than standard unleaded in the Fiesta.
Never had an issue with it.
This should help with decisions;
http://thenewdaily.com.au/life/2014/...l-waste-money/

Don't get me wrong. I am not anti premium. Used to have a Eunos 800 Miller Cycle Supercharged V6 that specified 98. This was in the early days of premium and I got caught short coming back from Healesville once and had to chuck $10 worth of unleaded in as premium was no where to be found.
You can certainly tell the difference with cars that are tuned for it. But that's where the advantages start and finish.
Pursya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post