Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 31-07-2012, 02:10 PM   #1
Pursya

Default WT Fiesta Zetec owners

For all you guys who have bought a Zetec in the last 6 months get on to Ford Care and demand your front scuff plates.
If you look at the Ford website, go to Fiesta, Specifications, Interior, then untick all other variants and tick the Zetec, you will find that front door sill plates are a standard accessory.

I'm 2 weeks in to getting mine. And if they don't supply I'll simply take the proof to Consumer Affairs.

Good hunting.

Pursya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2012, 02:34 PM   #2
wombat66

Default Re: WT Fiesta Zetec owners

I paid extra to get mine as I was told that they definately do not come as standard. The dealer even spoke to Ford Head Office about it. We were told the spec sheet on the website is wrong.
Old 31-07-2012, 08:01 PM   #3
brydie76
Moff-fan

Got it the other way round with my WS- they were fitted, but the dealer didn't list them (along with metallic paint) as extras on the contract so I got them for nothing. Schweet!!!

Now rocking a 2012 Suzuki Swift Sport!
brydie76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2012, 10:38 PM   #4
Pursya

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat66
I paid extra to get mine as I was told that they definately do not come as standard. The dealer even spoke to Ford Head Office about it. We were told the spec sheet on the website is wrong.
Well the spec sheet on the website is an advertisement for the vehicle. To say it is "simply wrong" is a breach of the advertising/consumer laws in this country.
Ford think they are bigger than the law, they are not.

Oh, and I also have a video of myself clicking on the disclaimer tab, which goes nowhere. So stupid Ford can't even say errors and omissions excepted.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:32 PM   #5
Moorie

Good luck with it, but remember your time has a price as well, so don't get sucked into spending hours and hours on this (unless you have all the time in the world on your hands).
Moorie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2012, 08:55 PM   #6
Pursya

You are spot on.
I will not spend much time on it as I have bought a 4 set of sills from Thailand for $42 landed that look just as good anyway.
But I am amazed that Ford have already been told about the website "mistake" and yet it remains.
In fact I've just looked again and all of the Fiesta sedan specs have gone, they must have dropped the variant, but the sills remain as standard on Zetec.
An email tomorrow giving them 5 working days to resolve the issue, then ac detailed complaint to consume Affairs
Shouldn't take to much time.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:04 PM   #7
wombat66

After two phone calls we decided we were getting nowhere and just gave up. Not worth the time and stress.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:21 PM   #8
Pursya

I understand. Completely frustrating and that's their job.
But I have kept a record of conversations and that will be my main weapon come Consumer affairs.
I do take offense at any company not giving me what I have paid for. It's a piddling little thing, but it is advertised as standard in the total on road cost, so I'll see if their is any consumer rights in this case.
I reckon the Advertising standards council may get a call as well.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:34 AM   #9
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Welcome to the wonderful world of Ford's 'service.' If your new car doesn't have $10K worth of rust in it, you're doing better than me.

In all honesty if you have a problem with your Ford take it back to the dealer (who should have given you plates straight away) then waste no more time and contact the department of Fair Trading in your state: it's only after they got involved in my case that Ford did anything.
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2012, 09:05 PM   #10
Pursya

Got a phone call from "Ford Motor Company" today asking me if I was interested in buying scuff plates for the Fiesta.
I told her that no, I wanted them to give me a set of scuff plates as listed as standard on the Ford website.
She acknowledged that there is/was a problem with the website and promised to get back to me by mid next week.
I give her till noon Wednesday, if no reply I shall ring them and give them 24 hours to comply.
Consumer Affairs, Dept of Fair Trading and advertising standards council are the next step.
Old 18-08-2012, 08:13 AM   #11
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

In your next phone call remind them of the penalties for false advertising. They are very severe for corporations.

And "an issue with the website" arguement will hold no ground in a hearing led by the Dept. Of Consumer Affairs, and Ford knows this: yet they are happy to fob off their customers like this (the best being "your cars problem is actually a characteristic of the vehicle" - they use this on everything from pinging engines, faulty dsg boxes to even rust...)
Old 24-08-2012, 06:35 PM   #12
Pursya

Success.
Rang today, got yet another person who actually DID SOMETHING!
It may have been my statement that it has been 5 weeks, I've given Ford all the leeway I can, and if the issue was not resolved by 4 pm Monday 27th August I would be passing the complaint on to Consumer affairs and the Advertising Standards Council.
It took a half hour of holding the line while he got the required approvals, but in the end I have been approved for a set of Scuff Plates fitted at no charge.

One little problem remains. Ford gave me a contact at my selling dealer. He wants to see the car so he orders the correct parts. I am 3 1/2 hours away from the dealer!
A 7 hour round trip is not going to happen, so he is going to contact Ford Monday and try and get my local dealer to do the work.
Me, I'd just like them sent to me. Fitting them cannot be rocket science, but they claim Warranty issues.

If anyone wants to have a go, PM me with email details and I'll send you a screenshot of the standard inclusions. Remember they have now changed the website page so you will need this proof.
Old 24-08-2012, 07:19 PM   #13
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The WS Zetec came with the stainless scuff plates standard. That was just one of the extras the Zetec has over the standard car. There was another higher lever scuff plate that was an option above the Zetec plates though.
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2012, 11:05 PM   #14
Pursya

The other scuff is an illuminated one.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GENUINE-F...item337246ded6
Old 25-08-2012, 12:18 AM   #15
trumpy73

I bought a set of really nice ones for $25 on ebay. Peel the back and stick it on. Not worth my time imo.
trumpy73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2012, 12:08 PM   #16
Pursya

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpy73
I bought a set of really nice ones for $25 on ebay. Peel the back and stick it on. Not worth my time imo.
Same here.
But it became a point of irritation for me.
Big company thinks it is unanswerable to its customers.
For them, it's a twenty dollar spend to rectify it at the initial complaint.
But they would rather keep the twenty bucks and cop the negativity.
Says a lot about the leadership at the company and goes a long way to explain why, despite more than decent products, they are in a death spiral.
Old 26-08-2012, 12:54 PM   #17
Mercury 8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursya
Same here.
But it became a point of irritation for me.
Big company thinks it is unanswerable to its customers.
For them, it's a twenty dollar spend to rectify it at the initial complaint.
But they would rather keep the twenty bucks and cop the negativity.
Says a lot about the leadership at the company and goes a long way to explain why, despite more than decent products, they are in a death spiral.

LOL. Death spiral?? Really?? Some of you blokes are deluded. Sales of Falcon may be down but Fiesta,Focus sell as many as supply allows. For $42, that is about a half hours work, it has cost you more than it is worth and you still don't have them, but you got a win right? Are you sure about that. LOL. Each to there own.
Mercury 8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2012, 07:24 PM   #18
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury 8
LOL. Death spiral?? Really?? Some of you blokes are deluded. Sales of Falcon may be down but Fiesta,Focus sell as many as supply allows. For $42, that is about a half hours work, it has cost you more than it is worth and you still don't have them, but you got a win right? Are you sure about that. LOL. Each to there own.
Fiesta sales are actually down a third on last year, despite heavy discounting.

Time/cost is irrelevant: how Ford treats it's customers once they have your money is a joke and is killing the company in this country. Posting a record loss last year is just further proof...
Old 26-08-2012, 10:53 PM   #19
Pursya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury 8

Better check your figures mate.
Current Wheels mag has Focus getting beaten up by Mazda 3.
Fiesta doesn't even make top 20 and, I picked up one cheap because it was 2011 build. As many as supply allows? False statement.
It cost me zero to chase up simply because I did it during work hours.
I'm new to Ford. Never owned one before and only purchased this one because she who must be obeyed wanted it.
I've always had new Holdens and Mazda/Eunos. Never had a problem with these companies as they deliver what they advertise.
I'm happy with the Fiesta, more than happy. But as for FMC, I'll spread the word. And I'll spread it to my fleet buyer.
Yep, I'm a winner and FMC just lost a potential dozen sales.

As for the death spiral, FMC will be an importer only from 2016. Bookmark it. That's a death spiral for any company and a damn pity for those employed by FMC. Pity the management are excused from their obligations by people such as yourself.
Old 27-08-2012, 10:28 AM   #20
Moorie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursya
I'm happy with the Fiesta, more than happy. But as for FMC, I'll spread the word. And I'll spread it to my fleet buyer.
Yep, I'm a winner and FMC just lost a potential dozen sales.

As for the death spiral, FMC will be an importer only from 2016. Bookmark it. That's a death spiral for any company and a damn pity for those employed by FMC. Pity the management are excused from their obligations by people such as yourself.
Agree with most of your comments especially re the jobs. The other sh!tty thing about the industry is the amount of money that the government has thrown at 'The Big Four' over the years and yet they are still walking away and, as you say relying on imported vehicles anyway.

Have a good day, Moorie.
Moorie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2012, 09:03 PM   #21
Mercury 8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So you screwed the dealer on purchase then your employer for time and your all out of shape over a very trivial amount, and to add to that you have already bought a set. Have to be a winner right there!! Supply has always been an issue for Focus/Fiesta, and all manufacturers always end up with a few stock for whatever reason, colour/ options ect so it becomes superseeded stock, doesnt matter unless it is something like the Toyota 86 which is being imported in very low numbers.As for you and your mate with the "death spiral" I think "drama queen" sums that up. I'm sure your fleet controller will be overwhelmed by the gravity of this situation your in and never buy another Ford.
Old 28-08-2012, 09:01 AM   #22
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Ford posted a record $290 million loss in Aus last year. This is despite hundreds of millions of taxpayers dollars being injected into Ford (and Holden). Falcon is posting worst sales results ever: Anyone can tell you this is unsustainable: combine this financial result with pathetic Ford CRC service and "death spiral" isn't completely inappropriate.

Joe Hockey has made strong indications on many occasions that an incoming alternative government would either scrap or dramatically scale back subsities for local car manufacturing, which would be instantly fatal for Ford Au manufacturing vehicles here...
There has been no supply issues with the Fiesta since production moved to Thailand - indeed Sinclair Ford is discounting heavily atm to shift units.
Old 28-08-2012, 02:01 PM   #23
Mercury 8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta_Man69
Ford posted a record $290 million loss in Aus last year. This is despite hundreds of millions of taxpayers dollars being injected into Ford (and Holden). Falcon is posting worst sales results ever: Anyone can tell you this is unsustainable: combine this financial result with pathetic Ford CRC service and "death spiral" isn't completely inappropriate.

Joe Hockey has made strong indications on many occasions that an incoming alternative government would either scrap or dramatically scale back subsities for local car manufacturing, which would be instantly fatal for Ford Au manufacturing vehicles here...
There has been no supply issues with the Fiesta since production moved to Thailand - indeed Sinclair Ford is discounting heavily atm to shift units.

Blah blah blah,you forgot to mention that Dale Ford has gone broke as well, a regular part of your normal dribble in your tirade against Ford! Don't worry I'm sure you will be joined by at least one other as you stand there gloating that I told you so if thousands are put out of work if Ford does stop manufacturing in this country.
Old 28-08-2012, 07:12 PM   #24
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Yes, it was I alone who put Dale Ford out of business... Lol. Seriously?
I, and many others, have bemoaned the fact that Ford Aus' incompetent management will cost innocent hard working Aussies their jobs: urging Ford management to change.
It is obvious that most rose coloured glasses wearing members on here are happy with Ford Aus performance. This forum has the ability to put pressure on Ford, but doesn't. Newsflash: it isn't 1995 anymore, where Falcon fleet sales can rescue the company... This means it needs to change: the cost of floormats in this case is irrelevant - the attitude of Ford is the focus. Hopefully their attitude can change before it is too late...
Old 28-08-2012, 09:27 PM   #25
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quit the crap talk and get on with the subject of WT FIESTA ZETEC ..... there is enough rubbish in the other areas on where Ford is going at present so stick your comments in the appropriate areas and LEAVE this area to those who do actually enjoy and want to discuss the ownership of the WT.

Same old few spoiling the conversation ....... please if you DO NOT like Ford or your Fiesta ..... please sell up and leave the room ....... please??????

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2012, 11:11 PM   #26
Pursya

+1

There's always a "warrior" somewhere on the net who is pushing their own barrow.
Me. I'm happy with my purchase, happy with the belated response from Ford on the thread issue, happy with my dealer and the dealer salesman.
All in all. I'm a happy Ford customer.
And yes, that has been a pleasant surprise. And something that Ford management should learn from.