Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 23-09-2012, 01:28 AM   #2581
xr8tick
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hello to all i just joined. And want to say hi to all other Ford fans
I'm a new owner of a 2001 xr8 au2 tickford Ute 'back in a v8 ooh yeah...
Will post some pics soon as I stop drooling on it
Cheers all
Xr8tick
xr8tick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2012, 08:30 AM   #2582
brettsv1
Starter Motor

New member hi,Am chasing some new or near new leather seats or seat trims to suit 2006 F6 tornado can anybody help thanks brett
brettsv1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2012, 10:42 AM   #2583
XR6_Papa
Daily Lurker

Hey all, been around for a little while, thought id post up and say hi!
Adrian from adelaide, used to have a White bf xr6 now got a nice ba gtp 5spd in dark grey

Last edited by XR6_Papa; 23-09-2012 at 10:49 AM.
XR6_Papa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2012, 03:11 PM   #2584
Bob Munro
Starter Motor

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hello out there in Ford country....
My name is Bob Munro & I'm over here in Kalgoorlie in W.A., originaly from Coff's Harbour in N.S.W. Back in 2010 I took delivery of my first new car, a F.G. F6 & as I turned 60 yesterday you can see it has been a great event for me.... As a plant mechanic I have never owned a car that hasn't been modified to get the very best out of it that I could, this little beauty is such a beast right from the show room floor & I've never been so impressed with a car before....
I have fitted a stage 2 inter-cooler, removed all of that garbage plastic inlet & fitted a pod directly to the turbo, stripped the exhaust & fitted 3" back from the cat with just a small resonator on the tail pipe to take out the crackle on back off.... this has made it quite throaty with a subtle roar, my mate Paul has tweaked the brain box & all is just orgazmic in the world.... Even the wife is stoked!!!! all the pup's in their V8's in Kal have had a crack at her at the lights & to date Michelle has a perfect score.... that's the ****!!!!
I need a link to where I can see all the spec's for this engine...like injector size, turbo size etc... if anyone can help it will be much appreciated....
Regards Bob
Bob Munro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2012, 06:20 PM   #2585
bob351
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi just dropping in to say g'day,can anyone help i am trying to find the paint codes for the glenn seton xr8 au ftr v8 supercars that blue is awesome any help would be great,cheers and FORD to win bathurst

Last edited by bob351; 23-09-2012 at 06:26 PM.
bob351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2012, 07:30 PM   #2586
Rennagade
Starter Motor

Hey guys, my name is Marcus and i'm new to the forum.. just thought i'd say g'day and introduce myself. I live in Newcastle and recently purchased a BF xr8 ute, I'm stoked to be back in a Ford V8 after a series of tubro cars etc.. The forum is great and i've been reading threads flat out for a couple of months now. I'll be picking your brains soon as the bug bites for more modifications! I will also try to post some pics..

ps. GO THE FORDS - BRING ON BATHURST!

http://www.fordforums.com.au/<a href=

Last edited by Rennagade; 23-09-2012 at 07:40 PM.
Rennagade is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2012, 07:39 PM   #2587
Cob1975
Starter Motor

Hey Guys,

My name is Craig and I'm from the NSW South Coast.

I'm hoping to get a little help with my Ford Focus LX 2006 due to mechanics unable to find/fix service fault.
Problem is start car and sometimes no drama but can feel small surge at times.
Another time surge becomes a little more noticeable and wham service fault light comes up. Now mechanic says fault code P1709 comes up which is apparently something to do with automatic transmission fault but car is a manual. Service code can't be cleared and fault persists.
I want to change fuel filter to see if this is causing surge but can not find it in all the places websites say.
1.Near fuel tank-NOT THERE
2.Under rear seat-OOP NOT THERE
3.Engine bay-STILL NOT THERE
)nly other place which I know might be is in fuel tank_Yet to go there.

Please if there is anyone who has had similar problem can you please HELP

Thanks in advance.
Cob1975 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2012, 09:10 PM   #2588
Rennagade
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8tick
Cheers all
Xr8tick

Hey mate, I was really keen on an AU2/3 XR8 ute, but ended up getting a BF as my financer required it to be a maximum of 7 years old... liked the idea of the o'l windsor. Pretty stoked with the boss though i have to say!
Get some pics up bro - and when you work out how to do, let me know!!
Rennagade is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2012, 09:17 PM   #2589
BlancoF6
Blanco Blue Power F6 388

Default FPV F6 Suspesnion tune - coil overs

Hi

I want to improve the handling of my F6 but need some advice on how to set the car up with good aftermarket coil overs / dampers.

I am also looking at fitting whiteline sway bars and perhaps front and rear strut braces for more chassis rigidity.

Can anyone tell me what coilovers provide a good mix based on price/performance??

Thanks

Old 24-09-2012, 05:45 PM   #2590
Leslie_FG
Starter Motor

Smile Hello! Ford FG question

Hi everyone, i own a stock 2010 FG Falcon. Just wondering if anyone would know how i could get my hands on one of these white rear bumper inserts instead of the stock black one i have at the moment. Thanks for your time!

Photo: http://imageshack.us/a/img195/5568/c...9761396986.jpg
Leslie_FG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2012, 08:41 PM   #2591
Ovakil460

Just joined,This is my XB coupe.
Ovakil460 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 25-09-2012, 12:07 AM   #2592
xhuteguy
Starter Motor

hi there, This is a great site, heaps of useful info!

I'm on my second XH ute, had the usual head gasket problems, and clunky slow shifting auto problems.
Looking at an AU ute, done 240K, country car, looks great but unsure if the mechanicals are up to scratch.

There are some awesome cars here, puts mine to shame, haha.
xhuteguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2012, 12:29 AM   #2593
schafanacker
Starter Motor

hi guys im ryan i live in sydney and since i have finally aquired another ford i should join
schafanacker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2012, 01:00 AM   #2594
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by schafanacker
hi guys im ryan i live in sydney and since i have finally aquired another ford i should join
Welcome Ryan
Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8tick
Cheers all
Xr8tick
Looking forward to seeing it. We all love pics on this forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettsv1
New member hi,Am chasing some new or near new leather seats or seat trims to suit 2006 F6 tornado can anybody help thanks brett
Hi Brett. Have a poke around this section http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=33 The guys in that section should be able to point you in the right direction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_Papa
Hey all, been around for a little while, thought id post up and say hi!
Adrian from adelaide, used to have a White bf xr6 now got a nice ba gtp 5spd in dark grey
Welcome Adrian.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Munro
Hello out there in Ford country....
My name is Bob Munro & I'm over here in Kalgoorlie in W.A., originaly from Coff's Harbour in N.S.W. Back in 2010 I took delivery of my first new car, a F.G. F6 & as I turned 60 yesterday you can see it has been a great event for me.... As a plant mechanic I have never owned a car that hasn't been modified to get the very best out of it that I could, this little beauty is such a beast right from the show room floor & I've never been so impressed with a car before....

I need a link to where I can see all the spec's for this engine...like injector size, turbo size etc... if anyone can help it will be much appreciated....
Regards Bob
well a very happy 60th to you Bob. Have a look in the section I posted above. I am sure the guy and gals would all love to see pics of your beast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cob1975
Hey Guys,

My name is Craig and I'm from the NSW South Coast.

I'm hoping to get a little help with my Ford Focus LX 2006 due to mechanics unable to find/fix service fault.
Problem is start car and sometimes no drama but can feel small surge at times.
Another time surge becomes a little more noticeable and wham service fault light comes up. Now mechanic says fault code P1709 comes up which is apparently something to do with automatic transmission fault but car is a manual. Service code can't be cleared and fault persists.
I want to change fuel filter to see if this is causing surge but can not find it in all the places websites say.
1.Near fuel tank-NOT THERE
2.Under rear seat-OOP NOT THERE
3.Engine bay-STILL NOT THERE
)nly other place which I know might be is in fuel tank_Yet to go there.

Please if there is anyone who has had similar problem can you please HELP

Thanks in advance.
Hi Craig. We have a great focus section on the forum. Would be worth starting a thread with your questions so other owners will be able to point you in the right direction. Focus section click HERE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlancoF6
Hi

I want to improve the handling of my F6 but need some advice on how to set the car up with good aftermarket coil overs / dampers.

I am also looking at fitting whiteline sway bars and perhaps front and rear strut braces for more chassis rigidity.

Can anyone tell me what coilovers provide a good mix based on price/performance??

Thanks

Try this section. Someone will be able to answer your question.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie_FG
Hi everyone, i own a stock 2010 FG Falcon. Just wondering if anyone would know how i could get my hands on one of these white rear bumper inserts instead of the stock black one i have at the moment. Thanks for your time!

Photo: http://imageshack.us/a/img195/5568/c...9761396986.jpg
Have a looksee at the FG section Leslie. Loads of great info there. Click HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhuteguy
hi there, This is a great site, heaps of useful info!

I'm on my second XH ute, had the usual head gasket problems, and clunky slow shifting auto problems.
Looking at an AU ute, done 240K, country car, looks great but unsure if the mechanicals are up to scratch.

There are some awesome cars here, puts mine to shame, haha.
Loads of AU owners on the forum who will be able to give you pointers on what to look for when considering buying one. Welcome aboard.

Great to see so many people introducing themselves.

If you have any questions on how to use the forum, feel free to shoot one of the mentors a PM or post a question in the mentors forum located here

Enjoy.

Cheers
Col
Old 25-09-2012, 09:10 AM   #2595
msroadkill612

Hi

just bought an lpgi 1 yo falcon for my 2 uni kids 2 share

demo - 7k km $27k DA - sight unseen on the net - shipping up fr melb to syd - ~500$ included

exciting vicariously

have always thought new dumb, but lpi falcon just seems so cool compared to alternatives & have only been making them a year - what can u do?

lpg from ground up

hi compression, new lo friction pistons, huge gains in; mileage, power & torque, great tug - 2300kg

heres a killer - now has a range of 750km

kids never held a spanner in their lives - they live w/ ex - they dont have time to mess w/ old cars - so it will now be 2 cars shared betw 3 inc ex - not 1 betw 3 - that should do them

bummer is, w/ 2 under 25s, i feel i have to self insure the car itself - a brave punt

hope not being a bore

just sharing

hate the spare bs - jeeze ford - this is oz? u need a spare

my car is an xe wagon - 1982 - love it - $350
msroadkill612 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2012, 09:54 AM   #2596
Solstice
Starter Motor

If the new falcon you have bought for the kids is up to Fords usual standard you have bought a really reliable nice car, I hope they appreciate it and look after it as it will do the right thing by them if they do
Old 25-09-2012, 10:36 AM   #2597
Oldfordie
Starter Motor

Hi Everyone, Oldfordie here! I'm new to the forum and found it when looking for a solution to the vibration in my 2005 AWD Ford Territory.
Have replaced the front CV Drive shafts which has improved the situation 50% (they did have a lot of movement) but still have a problem between 85 - 100klm's per hour.
Spoke to a tail shaft engineer in Ferntree Gully who is aware of the problem and does all of the local Ford Dealership's tail shafts.
Cost will be about $200 if I bring the shaft to him. This will include total dismantle of the shaft and fittings, replacemment of the centre rubber floating bearing housing and then rebalancing of everything. He is very confident of success. There definately is a problem if you remove the shaft and don't mark the flanges.
I will let you know how I go.
Oldfordie!!! Melb.
Oldfordie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2012, 01:11 PM   #2598
Drewreeve
CustomXF

Hi All Nice to be here, also. i need help and advice, I have A XF ute that iv Painted, & Body kit ect, Iv bought a AU fairmont v8 and wish to swap Motor and Trans. Because the XF only came out with a 6 clnd ecu do i need to change the whole wire loom in order to run the AU ECU ? and is the trans also in need of the wire loom as well? The XF has a lazy 351 and c4 both in need of a rework. at the moment its on strait LPG no fuel tank... Can someone who knows or have done this type of conversion please help me.. Thanks Drew
Drewreeve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2012, 05:08 PM   #2599
waylin
Starter Motor

Cool Hi Every One,i'm New Today On The Forum. I'm Waylin

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
Howdy all Newbies!

Welcome to Fordforums.com.au

: : : : :

This is the place to introduce yourself and your ride, most of all enjoy your stay!

: : :nutsycuck : :
waylin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2012, 08:03 PM   #2600
Rooster58
Starter Motor

Hi all have a problem with a top loader sticking in third gear any ideas cheers rooster
Rooster58 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2012, 08:36 PM   #2601
pursuitbren
Starter Motor

Hi just stupidly bought a manual 2012 pursuit ute. went in wanting a f6 and came out with a car with red wheels... looking at upgrading brakes already and a tune.
Brendan
pursuitbren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2012, 12:40 AM   #2602
xywhitby
Starter Motor

nice ride clevo8, current in the middle of a restoration myself
xywhitby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2012, 10:21 AM   #2603
davemcgoldrick
Starter Motor

Hey Everyone,

I'm mad about cars and formula 1 racing.

Recently moved from the UK to Melbourne and am looking to meet some like minded people!
davemcgoldrick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2012, 11:51 AM   #2604
NZ XR
Starter Motor

Hi all
I'm Andrew from NZ new to this foram I've been a BMW driver for the last 10 years and finally seen the light and brought a 2008 FG XR6 look forward to chatting with you here

Andrew
NZ XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2012, 10:50 PM   #2605
PrepaidPlans
Starter Motor

Hi everyone. Glad to be part of your forum and I hope you can help me.
PrepaidPlans is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2012, 10:51 PM   #2606
PrepaidPlans
Starter Motor

Just wondering if anyone knows how to turn off the power to the lighter port for the new ford territory and mondeo.

It seems the lighter ports in both the these vehicles does not power down when ignition is off, they stay active all of the time. Is there a way to turn this feature off?
PrepaidPlans is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2012, 12:07 AM   #2607
Len21
Starter Motor

Hi my name is Len.

I have had fords all my life and currently have an Au1 wagon which has done 450,000km and is still running well.

It is time however to update the motor so I have bought a low km series 2 motor.

It is the basic 6cyl futura motor without VCT

Are there any problems fitting the series 2 motor into the series 1?

Cheers

Len
Len21 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2012, 08:53 PM   #2608
haccc
Starter Motor

G'day I'm Pete, My ford is a claytons called Priscilla(Nissan in Drag)its a maverick running a turboed 4.2 putting 180kw to the ground 1085nm at 1500rpm at 7lbboost picks the front wheels off the ground in second.
My other ford bit is a set of personalised plates for an XY with no XY to put them on
haccc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2012, 09:40 AM   #2609
terrar
Starter Motor

Hi,
Have been reading the many posts here and have decided my next ride will be an f6. Currently drive a Subaru liberty gt premium - damn fine car but lease will soon be up. Love the idea of 300 plus kw in an auto but I am looking for advice. Is there any difference between a 2010 and 2011 f6? I will be chasing a low klm sedan to lease for two years.
terrar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2012, 12:19 PM   #2610
brettsv1
Starter Motor

hi to all
brettsv1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post