Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-12-2012, 07:52 PM   #2911
JudeJordon
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

hey guys i just got a 1999 Ford falcon and was wondering how do i go about installing a 2 din head unit, and what will i need this is what im wanting to install?
JudeJordon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2012, 09:07 PM   #2912
Sui
Starter Motor

Hello Fordies, I am a newbie. Have an AU 1999 Fairmontie. Had trouble with AC fan running on full bore even with IGN off! Got answer to problem here in no time! Better than most mechanics advce. Hope to use and contribute more. Thanks to all posties.
Sui is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2012, 09:35 PM   #2913
runningdad
Starter Motor

Hi all! I just bought a 1999 Fairmont wagon. I'm keen to get up to speed with the vehicle specs and features and i'm currently chasing some xr6/8 rims (or similar) and tyres to personalise it a little. Looks like there is lots of good info on here. Many thanks.
runningdad is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2012, 12:31 AM   #2914
malai5
Starter Motor

Wink Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

HI All

Just want to say that I and my family have been keeping the Ford brand in the garage since my father bought a second hand 1934 soft top ute with his army back pay in 1947.
Since then it has been a succession of Ford products including my 3 utes, XD, XF and currently BA MK2. All long lived and worked hard.
So, I guess you could say we could not A-Ford, to be without one, excuse the pun.
malai5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2012, 03:02 AM   #2915
Klljazz
Starter Motor

Default Legends !!

Hi All,
Great forum !! Man there some smart people here !
Have been reading on + off for years, is amazing the knowledge people offer so freely and genuinely, the true Aussie way !!
Have an AU Series 1 found 2 yrs ago sitting in garage with original 14thou on clock, just coming up to 70 thou now and has been flawless ! - Am Considering Force Feedin her, thus on the information highway an were else to start..Hwy 1 of course.

Keep up the good work !! Your all bloody champions!!
Klljazz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2012, 10:24 AM   #2916
JPC
Starter Motor

HI All
My names John & i thought i best say g,day to you all i,ve been learning off you fella,s for 18mths now since I purchased my AU3 XR8 ute Black Silhoette colour, leather interior, driven fords all my life 1st car 66XP 170 pursuit had a nice 67 XR Fairmont, a nice 68 XT ute & a awesome 78 short wheel base EFY 450 rwhp.Always done all my own work in the past must say I find it different & sometimes frustrating owning a computer operated vehicle but i love the Windsor motor always have,I forgot how much fun they are to drive until i got my Tickford ute. Thanks for all the help i,ve got from your threads i have learnt a hell of a lot off you guy,s CHEERS
JPC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2012, 11:32 AM   #2917
LOZR
Starter Motor

Question 1989 ford capri

i've recently purchased a capri convertible and have been slowly fixing its little problems. one of which is the gas struts in the boot, ive tried and tried to get the old bloody things off to replace them with the new ones ive bought, but the wont budge! HELP!
LOZR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2012, 10:50 PM   #2918
jamesv
Starter Motor

james = )
jamesv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2012, 11:30 PM   #2919
bremo
Bremo

Cool Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hey all
My name is Martin I am 70 and play in 4 bands County, Country rock and good old Rock and Roll.
I live in Smithfield Plains in SA and drive a 1997 EL Falcon GLI It has been lowered 2 inches, 17 inch mags. extractors and a mild cam.
I have been married twice (didn't agree with me) and 7 children.
bremo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2012, 11:30 PM   #2920
Courier This
Starter Motor

Gday guys
Courier This is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #2921
XA Wagon 73
Starter Motor

Hi all,

Just bought an XA wagon 6, looking forward to a bit of restoration work and thought this might be a good source of info. Talk soon.
XA Wagon 73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2012, 07:45 PM   #2922
mjs72
Starter Motor

Hi there. I have had this one stored for a while. May be of interest. F150 brochure - May1990.

mjs72 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 05-12-2012, 11:08 PM   #2923
Millie12
Starter Motor

Talking Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

G,day all. Just bought new territory AWD. Can anyone provide advice on optimum size caravan for handling and fuel economy?

Can,t believe how much info is on this site!!!
Millie12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2012, 08:46 PM   #2924
gfwboss
Starter Motor

Hii all. I'm a maori boy still living in nz. Have owned fords most of my life. Like the older type
Easier to work on. Currently. Playing around with 92 ltd 351w 90 xf ute 351w 67 xr 351c. Looking forward to both using and contributing to site. Thanks

Quote:
i
B
gfwboss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2012, 09:49 AM   #2925
wmac44
Starter Motor

Glad to join to get help with my ford
wmac44 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2012, 12:44 PM   #2926
Iron Tiger
Starter Motor

Hi Everyone, i love collecting hotwheels and matchbox cars, anybody else have an interest in these? Have been doing this for a few years mainly trying to get TH ones and other types that catch my eye.
Iron Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2012, 12:56 PM   #2927
jstnasn
Starter Motor

Afternoon everyone. Purchased my first ford (and car!) a few months ago. I'm a Victorian P plater (got my licence over a month ago) with a 2008 FG XR6.
jstnasn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2012, 01:17 PM   #2928
redwood
Starter Motor

Hi,
How do you become a member of this site to gain discounts from retailers that advertise here.

I'm after a set of 16 inch alloy rims to suit bf falcon. I was thinking of buying the wheel king one ton wheels but a good second hand set in the melbourne area will do.

thanks
redwood is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #2929
GaryRNSW
Starter Motor

Just purchased my third Ford vehicle, a 2007 Territory Ghia. My first Ford was a XC Fairmont wagon way back in '82. The second was a AU Cab chasis ute in '08.
Gary
GaryRNSW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2012, 04:55 PM   #2930
Davo7387
Starter Motor

Hey guys I've got a ford ba ute xr6turbo 04 model I've just brought it
It's got a front mount and an exhaust turbo back, I've got a problem with it had it before the exhaust went on. Every time I dump it between 3000/ 4500 the engine loses power and starts to shutter I've put a new fuel filter on tightened all my hoses and my inlet and outlet manifolds my turbo seems fine not much play in it. I can't figure it out any help would be appreciated

if you slowly accelerate it works fine cheers
Davo7387 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2012, 05:44 PM   #2931
Matt043
Starter Motor

Hi All

Owned Fords all my life & just purchased a BA XR8, silver, leather, prem sound. Have scored heaps of tips & advice from this site from google so happy to finaly be apart of it.
Matt043 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-12-2012, 09:25 PM   #2932
Kayla
Starter Motor

Hi All,

Bought myself a BAII XR6T Ute for my 21st birthday. First ford I have owned so thought id join the forum to learn a bit more.
Kayla is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2012, 12:29 AM   #2933
autokinetic
Starter Motor

G'day All

Nice place you've got here.

Fairly recent inductee to Ford world, but just picked up a BF3 Wagon for a reasonable price. Some great knowledge being shared on the site.
autokinetic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2012, 11:50 AM   #2934
Daynaskye
Starter Motor

Hey Guys

Anyone have any feedback about the new Ford Kuga?
Daynaskye is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2012, 08:27 PM   #2935
mavericko
Starter Motor

Cool Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi all - have just joined and looks like a useful site. Been a Ford man for many years Cheers
mavericko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2012, 11:11 PM   #2936
AnthonyCraig
Anthony

Hey everyone - A quick thanks to all old members - ive been reading your posts for years through google - youve all been very helpful - im the lucky owner of a 1990 sr 3900 fairmont ghia which has been pretty much garaged since i lost my licence giving it a test run 10 years ago - Finally - ill be driving it again after christmas. (i didnt lose the licence for 10 years) - other influences - work & finance !! ----- for those interested - i was suicidal that night -- it stuck to the road like it was glued there. - Im a proud boy !!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 29-6-2003 0088.jpg (164.5 KB, 66 views)

Last edited by AnthonyCraig; 09-12-2012 at 11:33 PM.
AnthonyCraig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2012, 11:56 PM   #2937
THE MACHINE
Death Metal Racing.

Hello all,

Been doing a lot of research into building a life long dream car and its finally happening, a lot of my research has came from this site so i have decided to join up, if for nothing less than to say thank you for all the research everyone has provided so far.
So a bit about me, i am 28 and have had a dream to own a tuff XE falcon, why an XE some people ask? not completely sure, the XE was built the same year i was born and the very first car i ever drove and got my licence in was my brothers XE, so maybe that has something to do with it.
so now all those years later it has started, 2 weeks ago i brought an XE S-pack that had ( quoted ESP ) front end on it, not sure if it is or just ghia, never the less its what i wanted. so now it begins, time to start saving for a motor, some how i think the old 3.3 just isn't going to be " tuff enough "
So thank you for having me apart of your community, hope to meet some people with similar interest's.
Regards,
Dale.
THE MACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2012, 11:11 AM   #2938
Ae71 kid
Starter Motor

Hey guys, I'm Tim! I've owned fords since I was 18 and I have used this site many times for info, thought it was about time I joined up and started contributing! Previously had an xd ute with a built, 351c, cam, 302 heads, straight gas, 5speed manual, xh 3.45 LSD blah blah blah.
My current ford is an xh II 5lt, started life as an auto but I did the manual conversion a couple of months ago using au 6cyl t5 and custom bell housing with a hydro clutch setup, now my enging has packed it in so I have an au xr8 motor with a cam and extractors ready to go in! Anyone with any pointers for me feel free to post! Otherwise happy to finally be a part of it.
Cheers, Tim
Ae71 kid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #2939
kerrychaos
Starter Motor

Greetings from New Zealand .

Kerry here . I brought a beaut 1971 XY falcon 500 from Adelaide 9 years ago . Since then my family and I have moved back to NZ and love the car so much we shipped her back as well . Shes in great nick having sat in a old ladys garage since her hubby passed away in 73 . Dec 2011 the engine gave up the ghost and was then time to make the next step with a new engine. I brought a v8 and trans from a mates brother which turned out to be a total lemon and was stumped as to what to do next ( im not a mechanic ) After talking to my friend who is a mechanic with his own workshop we decided to ... wait for it !! ... install a AU2 Boss XR8 V8 !! Im sure theres a few of you out there gasping in horror but its now in and sounds great ! BUT we have come to a grinding halt as the trans will not change gear :( From park into drive it changes into limp mode and doesnt chop thru . We have installed a dc regulator and running the voltag down but we keep blowing the speed sensors . Adding to that weve also been given conflicting wiring diagrams . I know this will work as Ive seen another XY with 98 Xr8 but the auto sparky after blowing a few sensors himself cant quite remember how he got it running . We r a whisker away from completion and I hope that someone out there can see where we are going wrong ? Looking forward to hearing from you . Have a great festive season . Cheers

Kerry
kerrychaos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2012, 02:45 AM   #2940
Prince Valiant
NoReplacemnt4Displacemnt!

Murray here guys (and gals). Both the Blue Oval and Blue Pentastar are close to my heart, with a 40th Anniversary GT and XC Ute with 5.8 C4 residing in my garage at home (next to an AP6)...in the middle of trying to offload GT, so if u chasing one...nice to be here-chat soon!
Prince Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post