Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 11-12-2012, 10:54 PM   #2941
crazedone
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hello everybody, Just bought an xa sedan and am keen to source any information or helpful tips as to restoring this baby to its former glory. Already stripped internals and have started the search for cancer. Anywho greetings all
crazedone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2012, 11:16 PM   #2942
benokis
Starter Motor

Hi Everyone!Happy to join and looking forward to share and hear fresh ideas.
benokis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2012, 01:39 PM   #2943
oztrev

Hi All, I am picking up a BF MKII F6 Typhoon R-Spec in Ego on Saturday. I live in Vic, but found this car in Hobart - was definitely worth the effort
oztrev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2012, 12:27 AM   #2944
Shifty2536
Starter Motor

Hello I was wondering if anyone could help me track down a rim for my el I need one koya octane deep dish 18 cheers guys hope someone can help
Shifty2536 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2012, 12:29 AM   #2945
Rcaddict84
Starter Motor

Hey everyone!!!

Big shout out to Ford drivers in Adelaide....
Rcaddict84 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2012, 03:38 PM   #2946
jkmaceb
Starter Motor

G'day everyone just bout a mint XF fairmont Ghia looking to the forum for some inspiration to turn her into a low n slow cruiser.
jkmaceb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2012, 08:59 PM   #2947
Zippo
Starter Motor

Hello Everyone
I recently bought a BA 2003 XR6 and I am having a little problem that I wonder if someone might know about,the car seems to cut out every now again when braking and the headlights r on it does not idle rough and starts back up straight away just wondering if anyone might have incurred a similar problem
Thx
Zippo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #2948
Gogas
Starter Motor

Hi there, great to be part of the Ford Forum.
Gogas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2012, 02:36 AM   #2949
ed5l
Starter Motor

gday to all of you who cant live without Henry,s finest.
my name is frank and i live in kalbarri w.a.
have always had a ford or two around the place and at the moment have a ed v8 fairmont wagon with factory sunroof,lsd ,lectric windows etc.
have done far too many miles in it but and knocked over couple too many roos. is a great work car but and tows my trailer around nicely.
also have a hilux cos last time i took the wagon on the beach i didnt get far and had to get towed out [ shame of it all ]
good to meet everyone and my mission at the minute is to replace the cats
frank
ed5l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2012, 02:46 AM   #2950
Tysonv48
Fairlane Ute

Welcome to the Forums
Tysonv48 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2012, 11:50 AM   #2951
kni69u
Starter Motor

Default hi to all members

Hi ford members and hope i can help others
kni69u is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2012, 10:31 AM   #2952
bkgee
Starter Motor

Cool Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hello to all, I`ve recently updated both my old fords for 2 newer ones. Both are BF mk2`s mine being an XR6 and a wagon to haul the kids around. Both are Duel fuel and I am impressed with my XR6. Coming out of a Tickford Fairmont into this is chalk and cheese, the BF is hands down a far superior car. When I looked under the bonnet and coulden`t find any leads for the plugs I decided I had better join and get some advice.

So here goes, I just dropped my wagon off for its 120k service and the guy tells me it needs the plugs changed and thats $350.00. I checked the service book and it says 150 KM to change the plugs. Just oil and filter today thanks. Can I do these myself? I`ve always changed plugs, carbies, leads, oil etc in all my fords over the years, but these sure are different and what are the best plugs, iridium, platignum or the ford ones? Appreciate any help on this one.

Cheers, Brad.
bkgee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2012, 03:14 PM   #2953
Gazza's 68 XT
Starter Motor

Default Saying Hi

Hi All, been a lurker for a little while but now i need some help. I will post a question in correct forum about the Stromberg carbie on my 1968 XT 221.
I look forward to taking part in chats on here.
Cheers
Gary
Gazza's 68 XT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2012, 06:35 PM   #2954
Torque3783
Prodigal son

Hi all forum folk,
I have had an interesting dalliance with others (Holden, Hyundai) but I have returned to the 'Ford Fold'.
My relationship with Henry started way, way back with a GT-HO (wow! what a car!) and ended with a unhappy relationship with a Falcon (family) wagon. I am extremely hopeful that the move back will be a happy re-union. So far - so good. (These are however, early days).
Looking forward to lotsa help.
Old 15-12-2012, 07:17 PM   #2955
wet69T
Starter Motor

hey guys,

been a holden boy since i was 10yrs old & was recently converted by a nice 2003 ba xr6t. pretty stock at the moment besides a few good lookin' bits, blow off valve and police tune.. but i plan to do a bit of mild work, exhaust, intercooler, air intake & performance tune. would like to be able to have it running at the 300kw mark

love working on my cars, helps to make you appreciate them a little more & i'm hoping with the help & advise from others on the forum, ill get to the magic 300 mark eventually

ps. love cruises !!
wet69T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2012, 07:23 PM   #2956
wet69T
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkgee View Post
Hello to all, I`ve recently updated both my old fords for 2 newer ones. Both are BF mk2`s mine being an XR6 and a wagon to haul the kids around. Both are Duel fuel and I am impressed with my XR6. Coming out of a Tickford Fairmont into this is chalk and cheese, the BF is hands down a far superior car. When I looked under the bonnet and coulden`t find any leads for the plugs I decided I had better join and get some advice.

So here goes, I just dropped my wagon off for its 120k service and the guy tells me it needs the plugs changed and thats $350.00. I checked the service book and it says 150 KM to change the plugs. Just oil and filter today thanks. Can I do these myself? I`ve always changed plugs, carbies, leads, oil etc in all my fords over the years, but these sure are different and what are the best plugs, iridium, platignum or the ford ones? Appreciate any help on this one.

Cheers, Brad.
hey mate, i purchased my replacement one's off ebay (ba xr6t). I ended up doing coils & plugs, ended up costing about $250 i think & about 1hrs work.
wet69T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 16-12-2012, 07:07 PM   #2957
SteveGT
Starter Motor

Default G'day Steve here from Gold Coast

Doing up a Xb gs Fairmont 1976 Coupe had it for about 8 years brought it from Sunshine Coast. Took it off the road and decided to restore and redo everything. Having trouble with rewiring the steering coloum and ignition/ indicator stalk. Don't know where the colour wires should go as they are different from a standard 1974 Coupe. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg coupe 036.jpg (156.0 KB, 67 views)

Last edited by SteveGT; 16-12-2012 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Text is to large
SteveGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2012, 04:29 PM   #2958
edsprintv8
Starter Motor

HI, new member here, i currently own an ed xr8 sprint manual, which is what has brought me here, have a problem with revs staying up whilst changing back thru gears, especially when cold or a/c on, to the point that engine cuts out/stalls, edgy stuff, and annoying, whilst at idle revs don't hunt very much, i know this is common for 5.0l efi windsors , as i had an eb xr8 manual, same prob but would hunt revs at idle, anybody shine any light? ,only after people who had this problem with manual and got it fixed, or threads, searched before this post but no luck, thanks in advance!

Last edited by edsprintv8; 17-12-2012 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Grammar
edsprintv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2012, 08:44 AM   #2959
AusJas

Hi all....thought I better pop in and introduce myself and say thanks for the info I've been able to find on here!
Until now its been a long time since owning a Ford v8, first was an XRGT, and the last was an XC GXL....this time it is an 03 BA XR8....

Will be hanging around for quite a while as there is so much to learn......once again thanks for all the info already here and I certainly hope I will be able to contribute....
AusJas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2012, 10:32 AM   #2960
RedChris
Starter Motor

Morning folks. First post on this forum. Made the jump back to Ford with a new Focus after an unhappy experience with Volkswagen Group servicing cost, competence and convenience. Yep, the stories are true. Anyway, the Focus is a great drive that eases the pain of commuting. So far only minor quibbles and the dealer is helpful.
RedChris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2012, 03:50 PM   #2961
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkgee View Post

Cheers, Brad.
Brad, try asking the in one of these forums....
http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=175 or http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=30
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveGT View Post
Doing up a Xb gs Fairmont 1976 Coupe had it for about 8 years brought it from Sunshine Coast. Took it off the road and decided to restore and redo everything. Having trouble with rewiring the steering coloum and ignition/ indicator stalk. Don't know where the colour wires should go as they are different from a standard 1974 Coupe. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Steve, the Coupe people should be able to help here....
http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=273
Old 18-12-2012, 06:48 PM   #2962
Gerry D
Starter Motor

Hi there Forum Members

I have been lurking for quite a while. I am a "Grey Beard" and reside in Mackay, Have been Ford man all my life. (Cant say the same for Me Lad ) I currently have a BA Mk2 XR6 with just over 103,000 on it and have been really happy with it. If ever I have a problem I consult this forum for the answers and have always found the right ones.

Great Forum Guys keep the info flowing

Gerry D
Gerry D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2012, 11:59 AM   #2963
Baileydan
GT Rspected

Gday boys. Just bought a new fg gt rspec. Very happy with it. Any suggestions for more power other than the obvious??
Baileydan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2012, 04:28 PM   #2964
Luxury-Ford
LTD & Fairlane Ghia Owner

Hey everyone

Im new to this although i understand the site very well

Im currently in posession of a uncommon and rare coming Ford

1998 Ford LTD "DL" 4.0L Computerised In-Line 6 Cylinder with CTC "Computer-Torque-Control"

Its fully optioned and has the unusual/uncommon "Self-Levelling Rear Suspension"
Luxury-Ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #2965
ZGtoby
Starter Motor

Default 6 cyl ZG

G'day, I'm in the process of 'falconising' my ZG. Fairlane was 351, but I want make it a pre cross flow 250, BW35 combo. Got some questions about engine mounts, gearbox cross mber and tailshaft size/ fitting. Drop me a line if you know much about this area.
Cheers'n'beers
ZGtoby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2012, 12:16 PM   #2966
XT_falcon68
Starter Motor

Default 6 cyl XT falcon 500

hello everyone,

im new to this forum,i recently bought a 1968 XT falcon 500 to do as my first car i wanted to keep the engine original but spark it up abit. i just wanted some advice on some engine mods for it. i have 170 persuit engine in the car and im in the process of getting the original 221, i was wondering what i can do to the 221 to get a bit more performance out of it but i have to make sure i dont brake the p-plate laws because im only 15. so can anyone help me??

thanx.
XT_falcon68 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2012, 12:23 PM   #2967
XT_falcon68
Starter Motor

Default 6 cyl XT falcon 500

hello everyone,

im new to this forum,i recently bought a 1968 XT falcon 500 to do as my first car i wanted to keep the engine original but spark it up abit. i just wanted some advice on some engine mods for it. i have 170 persuit engine in the car and im in the process of getting the original 221, i was wondering what i can do to the 221 to get a bit more performance out of it but i have to make sure i dont brake the p-plate laws because im only 15. so can anyone help me??

thanx.

Last edited by XT_falcon68; 22-12-2012 at 12:36 PM. Reason: delete
XT_falcon68 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2012, 01:35 PM   #2968
auxr8ute
THE WHITE KNIGHT

Cool Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi all, I've been a member for a few years but never posted, anyway just thought id say hi and show ya's a picture of my beast...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20-12-09_1520.jpg (149.5 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg 20-12-09_1521.jpg (147.2 KB, 72 views)

Last edited by auxr8ute; 07-01-2013 at 02:15 PM.
auxr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 22-12-2012, 03:42 PM   #2969
Cranky Pete
Starter Motor

Hi, I'm a 72 year old retired export meat manager and have a 2003 falcon wagon, I have replaced the rear right side door lock actuator and now need to reactivate the locking system. any advise on what to do. Regards
Cranky Pete is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2012, 01:17 AM   #2970
bmx64x
Starter Motor

gidday all

I have recently acquired a 02 xr6t and this community is tops and
forever helpfull.

cheers
bmx64x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post