Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-01-2020, 05:05 PM   #31
guzzis3
AU3 ute EL futura

Default Re: Old classified ad

1983 sydney. I was making I think $8k as a general scale clerk grade 1 made 18 it was a BIG step up. Then I started my apprenticeship I think it was $4k. You could buy a house at guilford for about $35k. A mate got married at 21 and that's what they got.Couple of years later people were asking $135k for those same houses. Also the difference between say bankstown etc and places like bronte or vaucluse was nothing like it was a decade later. it was 10 or 20 times later it was more like 100 times.

My first car was a 1300 beatle 6V $50. Couldn't get it through rego,soIsold it on. I think I got an LJ torana next, or more likely a bike.
guzzis3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-01-2020, 12:43 PM   #32
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

This one got away, I remember seeing it in the flesh in 1992 at the little dealer that had only one car showroom on Parramatta Rd on the corner just before Muirs Holden Ashfield, I think it was called Skyview Motors at the time as the showroom sat higher than the car yard with a ramp to access down the side. If only I could turn back time.

Bill Bourke Special XW 1.pdf
GTLEGEND is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2020, 09:11 PM   #33
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I found out about the Bill Bourke car many many years ago from an old Ford mag, loved it, craved it.....never knew it had ever been resold.
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 28-01-2020, 11:58 PM   #34
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Another one from the vault, date of paper just happens to be a few days after Elvis died..

XC Sundowner 1.pdf
GTLEGEND is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 31-01-2020, 11:28 AM   #35
vbvbvb088
vbvbvb088

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Stolen freshly off the interwebs.

Assuming 79 - 2019 money is 37,292.32.
vbvbvb088 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2020, 12:51 PM   #36
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
Another one from the vault, date of paper just happens to be a few days after Elvis died..

Attachment 102491
I can not open these attached PDF's you post. They do not open as a pdf ??but a word image which my computer does not open.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2020, 01:28 PM   #37
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
I can not open these attached PDF's you post. They do not open as a pdf ??but a word image which my computer does not open.
They open ok as pdfs for me, RW.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post