Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 25-11-2011, 03:32 PM   #1
XR6SQ

Default AU11 CD player to replace AU111 6 Stacker

Hey guys,

I am considering returning my ute to standard in anticipation of buying a 4wd and was wanting to keep the aftermarket (clarion) CD player for my next ride.

As the original 6 stack CD player was destroyed (IDIOT) when I removed it and a replacement is insanely expensive I was considering getting a single CD player out of an AU11, is anyone aware if they are wired the same and if it will be a simple plug and play job? Would be awesome If it also worked with steering wheel controls.

Cheers

Old 25-11-2011, 05:27 PM   #2
SSD-85
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Default Re: AU11 CD player to replace AU111 6 Stacker

They are wired the same & it will work flawlessly. As long as the loom wasnt cut up for an aftermarket one. In which case youll have to rewire it.

However, I am unsure whether the Single CD HU's has the capability to run the factory A-pillar tweeters (if you have any).
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2011, 06:58 PM   #3
XR6SQ

Default Re: AU11 CD player to replace AU111 6 Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty85
They are wired the same & it will work flawlessly. As long as the loom wasnt cut up for an aftermarket one. In which case youll have to rewire it.
Awesome news! I retained the factory loom so all good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty85
However, I am unsure whether the Single CD HU's has the capability to run the factory A-pillar tweeters (if you have any).
No big loss, the factory tweets are not the object of an audiophiles dreams

Cheers for the info Scotty