Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 18-07-2009, 02:30 PM   #91
fairmontau3
Starter Motor

haha i do try!
Old 18-07-2009, 04:18 PM   #92
skp
Starter Motor

Hey everyone, new AU owner here!

Name is Shavone, 20 years old, just upgraded from my little nissan NXR (loved that car) and found myself owning an AU XR6 VCT. It's a series one, but I don't care all that much as it's still pretty awesome.

Car is factory apart from the previous owner changing the visors for fairmont ones (with mirrors in both) as well as a Ghia black leather gear shifter.

Has factory floor mats, factory 17's, electrics all round, white, auto and 153,000 kms, clear front and side repeaters

So far I've only changed the flasher relay and battery.

Tomorrow I'm going to put in the four new brake pads and rotors, and maybe in the near future upgrade the tail lights to series II or III (whichever has the orange part clear)

My dad is an avid Holden fan and was advising me not to buy an AU, but I took him for a drive and let him drive it after I bought it, and needless to say he has changed his minds about them (but I think the main thing he likes is the quad headlights! haha)
skp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2009, 01:16 PM   #93
martyauxr8ute

g'day, marty from bathurst. had my auII xr8 pursuit ute from new (galaxy, auto, series I wheels, stock everything). just recently discovered the forums while chasing up some parts. some great info to be found here, and generally a good vibe. look forward to talking with you all some more. cheers.
martyauxr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2009, 08:43 PM   #94
daikin
Starter Motor

Hello fellow members. Its so good to see a site where everyone shares and contributes. My name is Robin, 25 residing in Cannington, WA and the proud owner of a AU3 Sedan since Oct 2008. She's a very reliable workhorse. I have no regrets treading the AU path and have not been disappointed for the last year. Looking to get my headlight covers replaced and polish her good very soon. I look forward to learning and sharing in the months to come. Have a good one.
daikin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2009, 07:51 PM   #95
Pilbara Ghia
Starter Motor

Default New Owner

Hello, I am new to the forum and new to ford ownership(owned & still do a few from the other mob) I just purchased a AU1 Fairmont Ghia 5.0 litre not a bad car so far time will tell.

I live in the Pilbara WA and work in the mining caper.

It still feels a bit strange to be a ford owner after all these years but value for money the Ghia sold itself it will be used mainly as the second car for running around town and for work.

Im pretty sure I will be asking for advice and information about the car from time to time so hopefully I can contribute something of value later.

Take it easy
Reyno.
Pilbara Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2009, 04:08 PM   #96
Halfmo Rocks
Bearded Hermit

what's up?

My name is Adam, & i have a AUII futura sedan - 4.0 auto.

had the car for nearly 3 years, but just got real interested in it lately...modding has begun - black altezza tail's, woodgrain t-bar surround, chrome grill, blue LED's on the number plate, parkers & t-bar light

rego is soon, but more mods will follow after, when i can afford it...rims/suspension are #1 priority - looking foward to seeing some good stuff around here
Halfmo Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2009, 01:16 PM   #97
johnno3

Smile

Hi
My name is Paul from Adelaide
I've just purchased a Liquid Silver AU II Futura 1 owner with 95K on the clock. Car is bone stock & in immaculate condition.
Its my first newish Ford vehicle after having had a couple of oldies as daily drivers. I still own a couple of the old Fords. Can't bring myself to part with them.
I've only had the AU a few weeks but love it already. I must admit that all the plumbing & electronics on this car make me nervous.
I've enjoyed this forum as a guest & thought I better join & hopefully I can contribute something as well as receive advice.
Cheers
johnno3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2009, 01:26 AM   #98
cj_aus
Starter Motor

Hi

Just bought an AU xl ute on gas 4.0 18s pioneer cd bit ruff but was cheap loooking forward to tyding it up.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:48 PM   #99
Beer Baron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey Hey

My name is Des, I'm 21 and like long walks on the beach, OK i lie. I like long drives along the beach. I work for a Ford dealership and live on the South side of Brisbane.

2001 Au series 2 SR sedan in liquid silver.
Old 16-10-2009, 06:14 PM   #100
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Welcome to the last 8 members who have said hello since July. Enjoy your AUs, they are very reliable when looked after well. Hope you find the AFF board helpful!

So tell us a little bit more about yourselves. What do you do for a living? What are you into?

Andrew.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2009, 09:27 PM   #101
Beer Baron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well I'm a 2nd year apprentice mechanic about to go 3rd year in December and i like Beer.
Old 17-10-2009, 12:25 AM   #102
tags84
Starter Motor

Hey guys I'm Greg (tags84 in aufalcon.com) Im 25 live in wilberforce near Windsor NSW. Iv only just recently got into an au and loving it. It's a 2000 falcon S 5 speed with 17"s blue in colour with Kiley extractors. I'll get some pics up soon. Is there many members from NSW in here as I'm lokkin for a club to go cruisin with.
tags84 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2009, 09:33 AM   #103
tags84
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tags84
Hey guys I'm Greg (tags84 in aufalcon.com) Im 25 live in wilberforce near Windsor NSW. Iv only just recently got into an au and loving it. It's a 2000 falcon S 5 speed with 17"s blue in colour with Kiley extractors. I'll get some pics up soon. Is there many members from NSW in here as I'm lokkin for a club to go cruisin with.
Sorry thats lukey extractors (damn iPhone lol) and I need help with a diff issue
tags84 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2009, 07:09 PM   #104
troystanton78
IR84RD

Default first AU first V8

Hey guys, new to the V8 and AU scene not so new to the aff, tags i'm out penrith way if you find anyone else to cruise with or hear of any i'll be in. heres the new girl

Last edited by troystanton78; 03-11-2009 at 07:09 PM. Reason: spelling
troystanton78 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2009, 10:22 PM   #105
Cosaroo
Starter Motor

Default hello all

Joined the ford forums yesterday, so hello all. My name is Corey and I am 33 and live on the northside of Brisbane. I bought my au falcon about 2 months ago. Its a 1999 series 1 au Forte SR sedan auto, colour is white with no modifications. It has a couple of minor problems which I should be able to solve with the help of the forums. I was a little unsure about buying an au but I have been very surprised by its performance, the auto is great and the overall space of the car is very cool.
Cosaroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2009, 03:20 PM   #106
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Welcome to the gang guys, feel free to ask away , or post up some pictures of your ride or maybe even start a build thread of your own
Cheers Whoosha

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2009, 01:42 PM   #107
WARRIGAL
WARRIGAL

Hi , I'm Warrigal{Sam, I'm a female who owns an AU 1 V8 Tonner, with the Name 'Warrigal'. She's Oxford Green with a Custom Made Steel Tray, with wooden floorboards, Which is Longer than standard. I bought her in January this Year. {my First Falcon Ute. Yep I'm into Utes.
WARRIGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2009, 10:56 AM   #108
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Welcome Sam we only have one rule here PICKS or BAN

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2009, 02:57 PM   #109
munchkin323
AU XR6

Default Introducing me an my AU XR6

Hey guys, my name is Shilo and I live near Morwell Vic. I have owned my 2000 Series I xr6 for approx 4 months now. It is liquid silver in colour, auto, has the full tickford body kit, tickford rims, xr6t intake, sport exhaust, dvd player and updated stereo, tinted tail lights and tinted windows.

The car has 230,000 on the clock and was/is used as a daily driver out in the country.

I have a few plans for the car, such as lowering it, getting some larger rims, extractors, and possibly some mild engine work if the money permits. So if anyone has these things of interest PM me...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 02112009(001).jpg (62.0 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg 02112009.jpg (55.2 KB, 57 views)
munchkin323 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2009, 12:23 AM   #110
diatribal08

Default Hi

Hi people have been a lurker but not posted ,Im from Victor Harbor in S.A. Currently on my third AU .1st was 99 povo pack 2nd 2000 Fairmont Current 01 one tonner tray top ute that im planning on doing a bit of work on , have learnt heaps reading the threads here so about time I joined the AU online Community Cheers Booksy :1syellow1
diatribal08 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2010, 09:49 AM   #111
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Helpful and detailed posts on car care. 

Welcome munchkin and diatribal!!! Enjoy your stay.
Old 19-01-2010, 05:55 PM   #112
Patski
Starter Motor

Thought I'd introduce myself, have owned a 1999 Ford Falcon AU Futura for about a year and is going great. Plan to slowly do it up, only put a stereo system in it so far which is great. Will be posting here more often, and hopefully plan to get the exhaust done over the new few days.

Patski is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2010, 11:33 PM   #113
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Helpful and detailed posts on car care. 

Welcome to the AU Falcon club Patski Enjoy your stay.
Old 26-01-2010, 09:31 AM   #114
bjsss
Starter Motor

Hi,

I`m Brian (bj) Just wanted to say hello, i`m new to aufalcon.com..
I have a 98 AU Fairmont Ghia, it`s my 1st AU had it for a couple of months now .. Have been reading a lot in the forums and on aufalcon.com, lots of great advice on both sites..

bj.
Old 26-01-2010, 09:49 AM   #115
The Monty
Just slidin'

Hi, any plans for it yet?
Old 26-01-2010, 05:57 PM   #116
bjsss
Starter Motor

Yes iv`e had a body kit fitted, the lump on the bonnet (have to be painted) and some nice wheels..
Old 15-02-2010, 07:59 AM   #117
lost the plot
Starter Motor

Hi all

Who can tell me if this is a good cam spec from http://camshafts.co.nz/Ford.aspx
Master # Adv Dur º @050º Cam lift Valve lift
Stage 2 596 242/257º 182/198º .247/.264” .470/.501”

any help please
lost the plot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2010, 03:44 PM   #118
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the effort put into the Australia day cruise to Albury Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: AU Tech article. 
Default Beer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer Baron
Well I'm a 2nd year apprentice mechanic about to go 3rd year in December and i like Beer.
Bu__er the apprenticeship. Briing on the beer!

5.6L 342ci T3 Short, AFR165 heads, Comp XE270HR-12 Cam, Brembo 4/4s(355/330), T3 5 spokes, LC-1 wideband, Whiteline HD swaybars, TCE 3K Hi Stall, PWR Auto Trans Cooler, Koni shocks, King Low Springs, Hurricane headers, 100 cpsi cats, Twin 2.5" exhaust.

Quarter Mile: 13.73 @ 105.86mph

Runner Up NA/DA to BF Fairlane/LTD Geelong AFD 2024

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Custom twin 2.5" exhaust w Herrod modifed extractors, Tuned with Moates QH
auIILTD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2010, 09:51 PM   #119
RobVee

Hey everyone!

Im rob, a new member postin for the first time to say g'day! great site great info. Got a 2001 fairlane in March this year and it really rocks!!

Cheers everyone!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flane.JPG (34.7 KB, 61 views)
RobVee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2010, 09:54 PM   #120
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

Welcome mate!!

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KR1STO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post