Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 24-08-2010, 08:00 AM   #151
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

Quote:
Originally Posted by markvic66
Hi everyone, what a fantastic forum, just brought my fisrt ford in 20 years, after a couple XAs 351s, The "new" one is a 2000 AU11 XR8 ute 5 speed, mainly brought to carry my new DR400 dirt bike, and to get from "A" to "B" a little quicker than my old crusier, I'm and outdoors guy, and work in the power industry

Welcome mate...
Make sure you get some pics up of the XR8...
Also check out the meetings and events section for AU meet and greets..
Also, the AU workshop Builds for ideas..
Enjoy the forum mate..
Kris

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KR1STO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2010, 05:18 PM   #152
denisward
Starter Motor

Cool

Hello everyone,
my name is Denis and I live in Sydney and have a passion for AU's mine is an AU 111 ute, I find this site very informative and am currently searching for a cruise control unit to fit. Have found lots of info about how to fit but hard to find and actual unit for sale. I am a Fender guitar buff and love anything AU 111 or Fender.
Cheers for now,
Denis
denisward is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2010, 02:52 PM   #153
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Welcome Denis. Post up a new thread in the AU section regarding your cruise control unit. As for your guitar passions, my business partner just bought a brand new Fender Strat from the U.S. Looks and sounds awesome, so many settings to choose from.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2010, 12:24 AM   #154
mercury39

Default Hello everyone

Hello everyone,
I might well be the oldest member here at 72 years, but still as keen on Fords as when I was 16 years old, I think I'm not supposed to talk about my Ford only myself, so here goes at the risk of being boring, I have owned many Fords from 1936 models up to my currently owned 1998 model Futura.
I live in the Geelong area, and have recently taken up trying to learn my other favourite piece of equipment the electric guitar, I started at the age of 17 but spent more time with cars and speedway racing etc, at that stage the guitar was sold, but now a renewed enthusiasm to have another go before it gets too late at my age.
All I hope now is that I'm posting in the correct area.
BTW my username is from my beautiful black 1939 Ford Mercury, wish I still had it now.

Mercury39
mercury39 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2010, 04:52 PM   #155
aufreddy

Default scoop

Gday Rumblm hows things.Mate I too would love to know where that scoop came from,would look great on my ute! Freddy
aufreddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2010, 10:31 PM   #156
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury39
Hello everyone,
I might well be the oldest member here at 72 years, but still as keen on Fords as when I was 16 years old, I think I'm not supposed to talk about my Ford only myself, so here goes at the risk of being boring, I have owned many Fords from 1936 models up to my currently owned 1998 model Futura.
I live in the Geelong area, and have recently taken up trying to learn my other favourite piece of equipment the electric guitar, I started at the age of 17 but spent more time with cars and speedway racing etc, at that stage the guitar was sold, but now a renewed enthusiasm to have another go before it gets too late at my age.
All I hope now is that I'm posting in the correct area.
BTW my username is from my beautiful black 1939 Ford Mercury, wish I still had it now.

Mercury39
Welcome Mercury, you can talk about what ever you like, would love to see some pictures of your rides.

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2010, 11:23 AM   #157
BIGJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

G'day Mercury, welcome to AFF. Always good to see newbies who share the blue blooded passion.
Would love to see some pics of ya rides.
BIGJB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2010, 11:32 PM   #158
mercury39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoosha
Welcome Mercury, you can talk about what ever you like, would love to see some pictures of your rides.

Thanks Woosher for the welcome, sorry about the late reply, been missing for a few days, me that is not the AU.
I must dig up some photos soon and post them.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:47 PM   #159
mercury39

[QUOTE=T2TE50#134]G'day Mercury, welcome to AFF. Always good to see newbies who share the blue blooded passion.
Would love to see some pics of ya rides.[/QUO

Thank you also T2TE50#134] for the welcome, and apologies to you also for the late reply, things been a bit busy here, I'll get some photos up soon.
I've also got to find the few postings on AU power window problems and thank those who posted their findings, got me out of what I thought were going to be big and possible expensive problems.
Old 13-10-2010, 07:03 PM   #160
XR-GIRL
Starter Motor

Hi everyone! im EATHSV's partner, he made me get my own account so I could stop using his!! I have a Congo Green S3 AU Futura, black tail lights, no grill and my lovely GMAX Boston 18' rims (which I so gladly grabbed off his xr8!)x
XR-GIRL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2010, 09:16 PM   #161
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the effort put into the Australia day cruise to Albury Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: AU Tech article. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-GIRL
Hi everyone! im EATHSV's partner, he made me get my own account so I could stop using his!! I have a Congo Green S3 AU Futura, black tail lights, no grill and my lovely GMAX Boston 18' rims (which I so gladly grabbed off his xr8!)x
Welcome aboard XR-GIRL. I love the congo green - nice pickup. P.S. leave his XR8 alone! Again welcome.

5.6L 342ci T3 Short, AFR165 heads, Comp XE270HR-12 Cam, Brembo 4/4s(355/330), T3 5 spokes, LC-1 wideband, Whiteline HD swaybars, TCE 3K Hi Stall, PWR Auto Trans Cooler, Koni shocks, King Low Springs, Hurricane headers, 100 cpsi cats, Twin 2.5" exhaust.

Quarter Mile: 13.73 @ 105.86mph

Runner Up NA/DA to BF Fairlane/LTD Geelong AFD 2024

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Custom twin 2.5" exhaust w Herrod modifed extractors, Tuned with Moates QH
auIILTD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2010, 11:43 PM   #162
EATHSV
Oo---oO

Quote:
Originally Posted by auIILTD
Welcome aboard XR-GIRL. I love the congo green - nice pickup. P.S. leave his XR8 alone! Again welcome.
I hate those wheels anyway. Kinda why I pushed her into an AU on the promise of hand-me-downs as I upgrade.

Successful transactions with the following members:
Ride, Raised by Monkeys, TICK4D-TAS, Falcman007, 2002AU, JC.
EATHSV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2010, 02:23 PM   #163
david347
Starter Motor

hi im David, i had a au xls ute with a 347 in it(stock block unfortunatly) but got sick of the ute and got a series 3 au xr8 black 5 sp man. i then put the stroked motor in the xr8. would like to rebuild it with a dart block one day
cheers
david347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2010, 04:34 PM   #164
EATHSV
Oo---oO

Welcome aboard mate your car sounds like a weapon! Start up a build thread so we can get some pics.

Old 04-12-2010, 07:08 PM   #165
Skeg37

Question 98 AU XR6 Newb

I just picked up an XR6 pretty cheap off the side of the road. It's blue Tickford and needs a tidy up. I was going to turn it over but in the process of fixing and cleaining have become very fond of it. Does anyone know a rough price on getting the rear spoiler re done. The clear coat has come off the top. Will i need a full respray? Also any tips on somewhere to get second hand tyres? Would like to be on the road before Xmas but the rego and insurance will be nearly what the car cost me!!!!!! Oh any tips on insurance? Thanks Newbie.
Skeg37 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2010, 12:23 AM   #166
EATHSV
Oo---oO

hey mate sounds like an interesting vehicle you've got yourself. Grab some pics of her and start up a workshop build thred. If its just the clearcoat coming off give it a light sand to smooth the edges and spray with some rattle pack clear till someone can do it for you.

Most guys on here have tyres lying around if your nice you mite pick up a bargin.

Good luck mate.

Old 06-12-2010, 02:08 AM   #167
Skeg37

Default XR6 Newb mini resto

Here she is. If anyone can tell me something about her I dont know feel free! The interior is spot on, the only thing needs fixing is the drivers side door handle where the vinyl has worn off from someone holding on to it I think. Have washed and done a liquid polish since this photo. Also have photos of the new windscreen going in once I work out my phone!! Anyone got some second hand 235 45 17s they can help me out with?? Just need to be good enough to pass the roadie at this stage.

Last edited by Skeg37; 30-07-2011 at 07:27 PM.
Old 16-12-2010, 02:20 PM   #168
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Nice XR6 mate, the stripes look pretty good on the blue. I reckon some clear side indicator repeater lens would go great with the stripes. Have the skirts had some grey work done on them also? Never seen that before on an AU, interesting. Where abouts are you from?

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2010, 08:40 PM   #169
Skeg37

From the Gold Coast. Skirts still blue just needed a clean she was filthy when I picker her up. Have had heaps of fun using the tutorials to fix the little bits and pieces. Great resource and thanks to all the contributors. Picked up a starter motor which will go in soon thanks to Joshmonty. Have a pretty tight budget on this one so hunting around for some tyres still. Will look at the fancy bits once I get it on the road. I love the color scheme. Have just done the bulb in the centre console with a tutorial. Great stuff
Old 24-12-2010, 06:56 PM   #170
Skeg37

Default Windscreen going in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeg37
Here she is. If anyone can tell me something about her I dont know feel free! The interior is spot on, the only thing needs fixing is the drivers side door handle where the vinyl has worn off from someone holding on to it I think. Have washed and done a liquid polish since this photo. Also have photos of the new windscreen going in once I work out my phone!! Anyone got some second hand 235 45 17s they can help me out with?? Just need to be good enough to pass the roadie at this stage.
The new windscreen going in $229 after a bit of ringing around. Getting closer all the time.......
Old 24-12-2010, 08:05 PM   #171
Back i n Blue
Starter Motor

Hi Guys!
I'm Dave, I'm a newbie here, I found my way here from the aufalcon.com.au site, just wondering if the site still exists or is being upgraded or something..? looks like a really cool site with a lot of valuable info and some awesome looking AU's.

I just bought my first AU in November 2010, a series 2 Futura, it's the 5th Falcon/Fairmont I've owned over the years, - and after a 3 year stint in a '93 Camry Wagon - I must say it's a welcome relief to be back in the Blue Oval!

The car is Liquid Silver, fairly straight and stock with 121,000Km's, I hope to pick up some good advice on here regarding common AU problems and a few ideas on mods' and upgrades etc..
Cheers.
Back i n Blue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2010, 08:38 PM   #172
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the effort put into the Australia day cruise to Albury Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: AU Tech article. 
Default Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back i n Blue
Hi Guys!
I'm Dave, I'm a newbie here, I found my way here from the aufalcon.com.au site, just wondering if the site still exists or is being upgraded or something..? looks like a really cool site with a lot of valuable info and some awesome looking AU's.

I just bought my first AU in November 2010, a series 2 Futura, it's the 5th Falcon/Fairmont I've owned over the years, - and after a 3 year stint in a '93 Camry Wagon - I must say it's a welcome relief to be back in the Blue Oval!

The car is Liquid Silver, fairly straight and stock with 121,000Km's, I hope to pick up some good advice on here regarding common AU problems and a few ideas on mods' and upgrades etc..
Cheers.
Hi and welcome Dave

Site is up and running, but is currently experiencing a few technical difficulties. Watch this space as the website is just about to be upgraded. Hopefully very soon.

Welcome back to the blue oval. An AU is an excellent choice - well done on your pickup. Sound Good. I too have a liquid silver AUII LTD.

Where abouts do you hail from?

Welcome

Stu

5.6L 342ci T3 Short, AFR165 heads, Comp XE270HR-12 Cam, Brembo 4/4s(355/330), T3 5 spokes, LC-1 wideband, Whiteline HD swaybars, TCE 3K Hi Stall, PWR Auto Trans Cooler, Koni shocks, King Low Springs, Hurricane headers, 100 cpsi cats, Twin 2.5" exhaust.

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Old 24-12-2010, 09:19 PM   #173
Fordsgofaster

New to the AU's, just purchased a AU11 1tonner needing a little TLC to replace my series1 XH that has been very reliable. Was not really actively looking to update but 2 things happened, first the ac quit in the xh for the 2nd time in a week & then while waiting for my work vehicle to get a wheel alignment I just went for a walk through a neighbouring car yard where I saw the au & to be honest I wasn't that interest in the ute at first glance but when I sat in this thing I couldn't believe the night & day difference between this era ute & its predecessor for comfort if your a tall person. Plus its nice to have an engine with similar spec to the sedan of its era instead of the pre dated setup the XH has.

So 10 years late I've updated to an AU.

Last edited by Fordsgofaster; 24-12-2010 at 09:25 PM.
Fordsgofaster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2010, 09:31 PM   #174
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordsgofaster
New to the AU's, just purchased a AU11 1tonner needing a little TLC to replace my series1 XH that has been very reliable. Was not really actively looking to update but 2 things happened, first the ac quit in the xh for the 2nd time in a week & then while waiting for my work vehicle to get a wheel alignment I just went for a walk through a neighbouring car yard where I saw the au & to be honest I wasn't that interest in the ute at first glance but when I sat in this thing I couldn't believe the night & day difference between this era ute & its predecessor for comfort if your a tall person. Plus its nice to have an engine with similar spec to the sedan of its era instead of the pre dated setup the XH has.

So 10 years late I've updated to an AU.
Better Late than never. Welcome. AU's are one of the most reliable cars made - just check how many Ford Sold.

Again welcome
Stu

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Old 24-12-2010, 09:34 PM   #175
Back i n Blue
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by auIILTD
Hi and welcome Dave

Site is up and running, but is currently experiencing a few technical difficulties. Watch this space as the website is just about to be upgraded. Hopefully very soon.

Welcome back to the blue oval. An AU is an excellent choice - well done on your pickup. Sound Good. I too have a liquid silver AUII LTD.

Where abouts do you hail from?

Welcome

Stu
Hi Stu
Thanks mate, I'm in Melbourne. Good to hear the new site is not too far away.

Your LTD sounds pretty mean, judging by the comments, look forward to seeing some pics soon.

Cheers
Back i n Blue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2010, 10:03 PM   #176
Skeg37

The windscreen going in. It's great to have so many mobile services w\especially when your car is unregistered!! Picked up a set of wheels with tyres ready to go and when the rain stops I might get under it and have a go at the starter motor.

Last edited by Skeg37; 30-07-2011 at 07:27 PM.
Old 26-12-2010, 10:47 PM   #177
pulpist
nope!

Just found this thread.

Gidday mob!

I'm pulpist, or pulp for short

I've got an AU II XR6 ute, auto, black (but the paint has a very nice bright turquoise blue fleck in it, never seen duco like it, does anyone know what it is called?

Neway, I've been after a good AU ute for a while, and I got this one from an auction sort of.

Old 27-12-2010, 01:02 PM   #178
Skeg37

Default Paint codes

If you look under the bonnet at your compliance plate it should have a paint code on it which will be a single letter or a combination of 2 letters or a letter and a number. At a guesseither Monsoon (MN), Meteortie (K6), Venom (VF) or Silhouette (ST). If its none of these let me know and I will look it up. I think you can find this list in the technical resources or elsewhere in the forum
Old 27-12-2010, 03:21 PM   #179
Levarre
Peter Rabbit

Hi to everyone ... I have just come over to the dark side!!! Originally owned the first Torana LJ GTR to arrive in NZ (almost wrote it off 6 months later) and always been a Peter Brock fan.
Just brought a Fairmont Ghia AU1 ... It's taken 30 years to get a car that is "Mine" and not "Ours". The wife has named him "REX", is it OK to give Fords a name?? Have found this forum extremely useful, thanks to JC for the LED's. I am just waiting for the NRMA to deliver a new battery for him.
Levarre is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2010, 11:44 AM   #180
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Welcome to the AU home Levarre and Pulp hope we can help you out with any Q & As you may have or need from time to time

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post