Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-02-2005, 11:44 AM   #1
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default What to do !!!!!

Well this is a perplexing problem I have .......

Today I gave Child Support my ex's phone numbers .... yes I found the landline one as well as his mobile ;)

Now I know he owes me enough $$$ to possibly get a Sprint ....... but I need something bigger ..... Like a Terry .......... I will also have the ongoing weekly/monthly payments he will owe me ......

The wagon is slowly wearing out on these horrid roads & I really dont want to subject a Sprint to that :(

I dont know weather to put money into the wagon & get a Dicky seat fitted & beef up the suspension & get a new exhaust or ...... try to get something else ........

Whats your opinions on the best vehcile for someone with bugga all $$$ who needs at least a 6 seater ????????????
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2005, 11:57 AM   #2
Twisted
Contributing Member

Depends what your after really Lisa. I know another forum member with a large family has been looking into the Mitsubishi Delica, a small/medium van with slightly jacked 4x4 suspension. You can get them with leather/velour interiors and sunroofs, full electrics etc.

Have a look

They look a bit different but they appear to be pretty good value for money. Just another option...

Cheers,
Brad

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT
FordForums.com.au
Hats, Stickers & Patches are now available!
Twisted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2005, 12:06 PM   #3
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

lol, theres "our soon to be" Scooby Van.

Anyhow MN, we have the dicky seat and, for older kids (over 7 or 8) its just not an option. We are going to get the Delica Scooby Van like Brad said.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2005, 12:08 PM   #4
Kryton

well if your going to be paying off a car with HIS child support then forget it. as soon as he stops paying you then what are you going to do about car repayments. get what you can afford and nothing more. in your case id be looking for a 4WD or something similar if the roads are that bad. or alternatively (not that i really know your case) you could use some of the money to move to a better location where the roads are little kinda to cars.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2005, 12:13 PM   #5
b2tf
not here much anymore

Yeah, i would be pretty wary of spending just yet.

However, if you know without doubt that there will be a good flow of $$ coming in and you can pay it off, I'd go a Territory. Ive taken one over some pretty bloody rough roads here and it's handled them fine. Interior is great too, plenty of room even if you do need to put an extra seat in.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:39 PM   #6
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

I'd probably go the Territory too.

But if you've dealt with the CSA before as I'm sure you have, you'll know what they're like and if your ex decides that he's going to stop work just to spite you, you could find yourself in a bit of a pickle. I'd wait until you knew for sure that the payments were coming in regularly.

Just some advice from another person who used to have to deal with the CSA all the time too. They never kept their promises when they told me I'd be getting big lump sums. ;)
Old 08-02-2005, 01:45 PM   #7
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah thanks guys .......

I spose I am putting the cart before the horse ...... but the idea while Ive been searching the whitepages for a match of this phone number to get an address has kept me a little saner :P

Does anyone know if theres an online page where you can match an address with a phone number ????/
Old 08-02-2005, 02:37 PM   #8
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherNature
Yeah thanks guys .......

I spose I am putting the cart before the horse ...... but the idea while Ive been searching the whitepages for a match of this phone number to get an address has kept me a little saner :P

Does anyone know if theres an online page where you can match an address with a phone number ????/
I just posted the white pages, can you tell I'm still half asleep? LOL :P

That used to match names with addresses, the website did anyway.

www.whitepages.com.au

Just in case your using the actual phone book. ;)

Last edited by LuvinmyEB; 08-02-2005 at 02:40 PM.
LuvinmyEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2005, 07:14 PM   #9
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for that sweety ...... I only have a phone number & no name ........ doesnt make sence I know but I know he has an assumed name ........... I have tried all the names I would have thought he would change too ..... but this could be a silent number as well I spose .........

Was just hoping to get an address so I can give CSA a bit more help ...... not only them but the cops as well ...... I seem to have to do all the detective work on this matter :yeees:
Old 08-02-2005, 07:37 PM   #10
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

No problem Lisa.

As long as you have his work address and phone number that should be enough for both the CSA and the Police. That's how they caught up with my ex in the long run. After I did all the detective work as you said. :rolleyes:

They never gave me the lump sum that they promised I'd get, however they did garnishee half his wages every week. He was not a happy man when he was caught.

Like you can feed, clothe, educate etc, a child on $20 a month. :yeees:

Last edited by LuvinmyEB; 08-02-2005 at 07:38 PM. Reason: coz I'm the typo Queen! :P
LuvinmyEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2005, 07:55 PM   #11
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I dont expect him to be happy about it ...... this has been going on for over 3yrs now ........ I wish I could be a fly on the wall when he realises I have both numbers .......

I know hes working in a mine & I know his qualifications .... he would be earning ~2k/week ......... I will take the 34% of that in a monthly payment ;)

I just need to make sure the authorities can get him & then my kids should be able to live a life they deserve ;) ..... I really dont care about myself .... although a car would be good to transport them around :P
Old 08-02-2005, 08:41 PM   #12
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Are you ringing CSA and getting a different person every time or have you got a caseworker? I ripped through them once because I'd given them all the information that they needed (including the fact that he was claiming he was on the dole when in fact he had never stopped work in 4 years), and the girl I was talking to gave me her direct number. After that it was all smooth sailing.

The downside to getting child support payments though is that Social Security in their infinite wisdom will reduce your payments even though you haven't had one cent from him in years or ever.

It is nice to see a little extra money in the bank though and be able to take the kids to get new clothes and little luxuries after they've missed out for so long. But don't forget yourself and all the hardwork you've done getting this far. ;)

I sincerly hope that you do get a lump sum, I'm not trying to burst your bubble, just a bit of advice from one who went through all that only to be let down.

I wasn't a fly on the wall but I was on the recieving end of a rather nasty phone call when he was caught. LOL!

I think he thought I cared.. :hihi:
Old 08-02-2005, 11:48 PM   #13
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Stick to a locally made car, or at least not an import. Imports generally mean crap insurance rates, difficulties with parts etc. I guess it all depends on how common the model you're looking at getting is.

Good luck with whatever you get and here's hoping things go smooth with the dealings with the other half.

Has Fez and XB.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2005, 02:23 AM   #14
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

DISCLAIMER : (opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, best if they keep theirs to themselves)
I had to say that cos I know you're not going to like my opinion.

If it is child support money, it should go to your child. I fully understand that the expenses he HASN'T paid for the last 3 years has had to come out of your pocket but I doubt your child/children have had all they've deserved over the years. Surely at least half should go to new clothes, shoes, school fees, Possible UNI fees.. ANYTHING??
Unfortunately my opinion may come off as harsh, I'm not saying you're misusing the money, I have no idea as to your circumstances or those of your kids but refer to the above disclaimer & don't be mad at me.:
JADED6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2005, 03:19 AM   #15
BlackLS

Quote:

PM me the number.... ;) I've got access to a software piece... So long as the number is publicly listed or has been.

Last edited by BlackLS; 09-02-2005 at 03:20 AM.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2005, 11:08 AM   #16
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonEF
PM me the number.... ;) I've got access to a software piece... So long as the number is publicly listed or has been.
Oooh I never thought of that, I know what software ArgonEF is talking about, I can get my hands on it too if need be. :
Old 09-02-2005, 11:17 AM   #17
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JADED6
DISCLAIMER : (opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, best if they keep theirs to themselves)

If it is child support money, it should go to your child. I fully understand that the expenses he HASN'T paid for the last 3 years has had to come out of your pocket but I doubt your child/children have had all they've deserved over the years. Surely at least half should go to new clothes, shoes, school fees, Possible UNI fees.. ANYTHING??
Unfortunately my opinion may come off as harsh, I'm not saying you're misusing the money, I have no idea as to your circumstances or those of your kids but refer to the above disclaimer & don't be mad at me.:
I'm not mad at you, but when you're being paying SFA for a long time, all the money does go towards the kids and you miss out. I never bought myself a new piece of clothing for 4 years. The reason I had long hair was because I coudn't afford to go to the hairdressers.

I wasn't telling Lisa to go and spend all the money on herself but something small every now and then as a treat, such as going to the hairdressers that might cost $30- is a real luxury when you haven't been in years!

Then you live with the guilt of spending $30- on a wash and cut for weeks and think about what else you could have put the money towards for a long time, believe me. Been there and still do it and I don't get child support anymore.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:41 AM   #18
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Set your phone to calling number withheld.
Call pizza hut for a delivery.
Quote the unknown number when asked
Operator will read out the address for confirmation.
Up to you whether you continue ording a pizza to that address.

100's of teenagers can't be wrong.. : e :
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2005, 01:24 AM   #19
460cixy
burn out king

Quote:
Originally Posted by JADED6

i agree this is why 2 of my good mates dont pay child suport. all that happens is there ex misses spends it on them selves and not on the kids . but dont think that cause thay dont pay it that thay dont look after there kids if thay need something like clothes ect thay buy it for them . no wonder why so many men are ****ed off at the child suport. and dont forget the men out there whos wifes ect have left them with the kids to suport but you dont hear of blokes tracking them down for cash. : the system does not work and needs serious over haul
460cixy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2005, 01:36 AM   #20
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Guys I can understand all that you have said & Im not sh1tty at any of you ;)

My kids will reap the bennifits of the maitanence ....... We live a fair way out of town .... we need a decent car to get the kids to their chosen sport & even to the school bus .....

I know there is a forum member who has been here & can vouch for the roads & the poor state of my wagon even after a short period of these dirt roads ......

I am waiting for the 'move to a better place' senario and will reply by stating that I have just moved before Xmas ...... We need to live in a secluded place to protect ourselves from this person (the kids father)......

All I want is to be able to get the kids what they need & deserve after all this time of suffering a mother whos been trying to survive on a pension just so they can eat while he sits in luxuary that his job offers ....... Not too much to ask on the kids behalf Im sure ......
Old 12-02-2005, 07:42 PM   #21
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Theres going to be a heap of Territorys around the auctions in about 18 months time MN, Westpac bank bought a heap through ORIX fleet all AWD with cruise control etc, they are about 6 months into their 2 year leases and my bet would be that they will be selling around the $20,000 mark in anohter 18 months. These cars are all driven by rural managers so they are all kept in good condition and are driven on long runs, you really couldnt go wrong! They will have around 100,000 kms on them, but really they should be able to do 250,000 Kms easily without too much trouble (if serviced correctly and maintained).

The only other option would be to buy an AU Series III six seat wagon or sedan. Your EB might not handle the roads out where you are, but the AUs are very good for country work, my uncle has done 100,000 in his mostly on dirt roads and its still as tight as my BA to drive. You could pick up one of these for around the $18,000 mark at the moment.

As for what other people have said in here, I really do think a good car is important in rural areas tho specially when your travelling with kids, you have to negotiate rain, mud, road trains, roos and all kinds of things that many people here wouldnt understand, things like decent lights, decent aircon plants and also airbags are pretty important as anything can go wrong, and help isnt 10 minutes away. Good luck with the purchase.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2005, 08:33 PM   #22
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

I have so often heard of ex's getting away without paying child support.
I have no idea how they do it. You get one TFN that does bank, work, tax etc...
How hard is it for CSA to look up that ?
BTW,
I am a paying ex myself, I pay to the letter of the law always have, it ****es me off that others appear to get away with it, when I had to make an objection because the mother lied about payments that were made, you get assumed guilty till proven innocent by the CSA. 6 months after my objection I won. CSA is easily abused it seems from both sides *shrugs*
Yaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2005, 02:16 PM   #23
LUXO_8
windsor user

good luck with it all lisa, hope you get the money you and your family deserve
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2005, 07:03 PM   #24
Lad_of_MBFNW
aka MotherNatures son

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na
Theres going to be a heap of Territorys around the auctions in about 18 months time MN, Westpac bank bought a heap through ORIX fleet all AWD with cruise control etc, they are about 6 months into their 2 year leases and my bet would be that they will be selling around the $20,000 mark in anohter 18 months. These cars are all driven by rural managers so they are all kept in good condition and are driven on long runs, you really couldnt go wrong! They will have around 100,000 kms on them, but really they should be able to do 250,000 Kms easily without too much trouble (if serviced correctly and maintained).

The only other option would be to buy an AU Series III six seat wagon or sedan. Your EB might not handle the roads out where you are, but the AUs are very good for country work, my uncle has done 100,000 in his mostly on dirt roads and its still as tight as my BA to drive. You could pick up one of these for around the $18,000 mark at the moment.

As for what other people have said in here, I really do think a good car is important in rural areas tho specially when your travelling with kids, you have to negotiate rain, mud, road trains, roos and all kinds of things that many people here wouldnt understand, things like decent lights, decent aircon plants and also airbags are pretty important as anything can go wrong, and help isnt 10 minutes away. Good luck with the purchase.
Matey ..... you seem to have a great understanding of what I need ;) ... could you let me know when and where these terrys are auctioned at .... thats the best thing Ive heard since I found my ex's phone no ..........

I am willing to wait if this is this case
:evil_laug

2001 Ford Falcon AU II Futura, The everyday banger, stock as it come from the factory, soon to change. :evil3:
Lad_of_MBFNW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2005, 07:06 PM   #25
Lad_of_MBFNW
aka MotherNatures son

Bugga ... Just realised the eldest is still signed in .......

This is Mothernature ... really :P

2001 Ford Falcon AU II Futura, The everyday banger, stock as it come from the factory, soon to change. :evil3:
Lad_of_MBFNW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2005, 07:08 PM   #26
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

OK ... thats better .......

/me concurs with everything TheCivicMan said :P
Old 13-02-2005, 11:04 PM   #27
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Best way to keep an eye out for one of these would be on the www.orix.com.au website. They sell alot of their ex fleet cars through that website.

Another place to look would be

www.pickles.com.au
www.fowles.com.au
www.carnet.com.au

I just had a bit of a look around and there are none available yet, basically these cars are on a lease where its 3 years or 100,000 kms which ever comes first. If i see any ill let you know.

The only issue i forgot to mention was that these are only 5 seaters, but i would assume there will be places (Like the ones who do the Falcon wagons) who could fit an extra seat up the back (2 occupants) and put a modification plate on the car.

Hertz also has a fair few Territorys in the 2WD option, not sure if they have any AWD but these cars will also be coming up cheap at the auctions (really have to question how well they would have been looked after however).

If i was you id be waiting say 12 months atleast as these cars are only 6 months old at the most, and it will be a while before we start seeing a heap go throu the auctions at cheap prices, the first batch will probarly bring a little more money due to the demand for them, not only with personal buyers but im sure plenty of dealers will be looking at buying these for used stock.

Last edited by Smoke Pursuit; 13-02-2005 at 11:08 PM.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post