Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 22-02-2016, 10:39 PM   #1
Lazarus

Default Ford Festiva Econetic

Hi There,

I've just bought myself an early 2011 ford Fiesta diesel Econetic. I read many reviews and generally not too many issues seem to be on the net. Also what oil should I run in the engine. Many of the lube guides only do 2008-2010 Ford Fiesta Econetic.

Thanks
Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2016, 04:22 AM   #2
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: Ford Festiva Econetic

The same oil as the previous model - the engine lubrication is unchanged.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2016, 04:37 AM   #3
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

The same oil as the previous model - the engine lubrication is unchanged.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2016, 09:16 PM   #4
Lazarus

It looks like mine is the 8 valve engine but most of these were 16 valve. Does anybody know anything about this?
Old 23-02-2016, 09:44 PM   #5
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

Sounds like you've got half as many valves. Don't look at me, I didn't take them.

All I know is these cars are just awful to drive and impossible to repair if something major goes wrong. Enjoy.
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2016, 06:23 PM   #6
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Ghia View Post
Sounds like you've got half as many valves. Don't look at me, I didn't take them.

All I know is these cars are just awful to drive and impossible to repair if something major goes wrong. Enjoy.
Umm care to explain the awful to drive and impossible to repair part?
Old 24-02-2016, 08:59 PM   #7
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

Nvh is terrible. Dynamically it's pretty dull and it's a car that tries to put fuel economy above everything else.
Don't think I'm anti Fiesta as the petrol and ST models are great. In fact the ST is the most fun and underrated rig in the Ford stable.
Old 24-02-2016, 09:46 PM   #8
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Fair call.
Old 25-02-2016, 10:40 PM   #9
Lazarus

Thanks for the feedback guys...
After much research yes the oil is the same. It's an 8 valve because it's the last of the German econetics to come over. So far it's been a great little car averaging low 5l/100km only city driving. I've got a slight coolant leak which I'm sorting out from the thermostat housing. Yes it's a bit sluggish of the mark but goes with the flow of traffic well. Actually once your in that beautiful torque curve it leaves the traffic behind. Love the chassis... even with the crappy 14inch wheels it handles so much better than any Japanese car.
Old 26-02-2016, 09:42 PM   #10
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm glad you're happy with it. It must feel like it goes forever on a tank of fuel.
Old 26-03-2016, 12:17 PM   #11
Philthy82
Starter Motor

I recently purchased a 2010 econetic purely for its low fuel usage. It's taken a bit of getting used to, as my previous car was a v8 vy commodore, but I'm actually getting used to it and it's quite nimble. I'm averaging 4.3 litres per 100 which is quite agreeable. Good car for saving cash long term, as long as major repairs don't happen to often. Only gripe is build quality. It's horrible, but lightweight lol
Philthy82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2016, 07:47 PM   #12
Feng
Starter Motor

My partner's got a Fiesta Econetic. We bought it used and after replacing a faulty fuel manifold under warranty it's been chugging along reliably for the past three years.

I've read about the DV6 engine being prone to carbon build up and I'm a bit paranoid about that. I can see a small oil leak near one of the turbo hoses which I hope is nothing serious.

The other thing I'm curious about is just how bad the NVH is. It's been mentioned elsewhere but sometimes it feels so rough I wonder if there's something wrong with it. Is it normal for the car to shudder when the engine starts up?

If there are any owners near Kogarah or Smithfield in Sydney, I'd love to meet up just to compare. Thanks!
Feng is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2016, 10:33 PM   #13
Pursya

If you have a shudder at startup it may be a broken engine mount.
Just guessing though.
Pursya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2016, 11:55 AM   #14
Feng
Starter Motor

Thanks. It's an awfully cramped engine bay but I'll see if the mounts are visible when I'm home tonight.
Feng is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2024, 03:40 PM   #15
coyoteau
Starter Motor

Help intermittent starting problem2010 many turns of the key until glow plug light goes of will not crank. There seems to be a condition not met ? Once started no problem..

Turn of leave sit and back where I started there seems no consistency sometimes good other 20 x rotate ignition key then finally glow plug light will go of and starts /mystery ???/
coyoteau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post