Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 16-09-2016, 08:38 PM   #1
cus
Starter Motor

Default Service interval / Items

Hey hey,

My little sister has got herself a secondhand 2011 Fiesta, and the company that serviced it (105,000km) "only" charged $150, gave her no receipt, and told her they vacuumed it and put detergent in the washer bottle, and that she's due for a timing belt .... but didn't actually tell her what service items they had done in relation to things like oil, filters and tyre rotations. And no stamp in her book, which had been dutifully stamped by the PO at the dealer - i know stamps in books don't matter, but there's a level of OCD involved here...

As best I can tell the timing belt isn't due for another 45,000kms, and the lack of receipt makes me think they "saw her coming" (it's her first car)

Where can I find either a workshop manual or at the very least a service interval checklist so we can find out what's supposed to happen?
cus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2016, 10:07 AM   #2
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Service interval / Items

Should be some Ford fiesta original ford car servicing /car guide manuals in the glove box.
If you cant find tehm I will look up my wifes minor service details and put them up, let me know.
kevino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2016, 10:07 AM   #3
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ps my wife has a 2012 fiesta.
kevino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2016, 03:20 PM   #4
cus
Starter Motor

We found them, thanks Kevino!

The book does indeed tell us the timing belt isn't due for another 45,000kms, so it's time to find a new mechanic for the little blister! (I live an hour away or I'd just do it myself)

She is going to be due for valve clearance check next service, so I've told her to put away some extra folding fun-tickets "just in case" - the P.O was a middle aged woman so I doubt the car has been thrashed, but middle-aged women tend to have sons...
cus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2016, 09:20 PM   #5
redvxr8clubby
Starter Motor

Depending if it has been done, might be worth changing brake fluid as due every two years and coolant change due at 4 years. 120,000 Km service would include spark plugs. From my own experience spark plugs were due at 60,000Km, but one of my plugs started misfiring at about 52,000Km (city commuter).
redvxr8clubby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post