Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 29-10-2020, 12:24 PM   #7351
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Masks get a lot of mention in here but how many here carry a decent hand sanitiser in the car with them?.
from the moment it started and disposalable gloves, during our peak period even wore those gloves when filling up at the servo binned them when done and wear a mask when at shops......

Being a regular business traveller every single brief case has had small sanitiser being on planes, the worst germ carrier for me long before covid struck us.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
2 users like this post:
Old 29-10-2020, 12:32 PM   #7352
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Masks get a lot of mention in here but how many here carry a decent hand sanitiser in the car with them?.
I have a gel pack in my laptop bag. I only use it if I have to touch a surface on my journey.

Observing people on the train yesterday into CBD people are wearing masks, but then negate it by holding onto parts of the train interior and then inadvertently wiping their nose or rubbing their eyes whilst reading their devices.

It's not hard - don't touch anything and never touch your face

And immediately wash hands when you get to work.
Old 29-10-2020, 01:07 PM   #7353
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
From what I have witnessed, I think most do. Just keep it out of sun light if you store it in the car.

Here is a neat little "trick". Try at your own risk. It works...pretty freaky to be honest.

Old 29-10-2020, 01:43 PM   #7354
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

well being alcohol or ethanol based good ones from 60% upwards go figure, it lights up.
Been on my consol always rain hail Shine, hopefully insurance covers the burnt out car not think its been in a heist.
Old 29-10-2020, 02:26 PM   #7355
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 23:59 GMT October 28th, 2020.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting except for the Victorian 14 day moving averages.

13 new cases for Australia and 2 (old) deaths so the CMR rises to 3.292% while active cases drop to 1,422. NSW recorded 8 cases, Queensland 2, WA & SA 1 case each and 2 in Victoria.

The Victorian State 14 day moving average is down to 2.71 with metro falling to 2.4 (4 unknown) and regional at zero with no unknown cases (including today). Victoria reported 3 new cases for the last 24 hours.

2 new case and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.286% and active cases fall to 66.

The UK had a higher 24,700 new cases yesterday. We know they are now not counting their mortalities by the WHO guidelines so we are going to ignore the CMR but even using their method they recorded 310 deaths.

Just over 75k new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,038 deaths sees CMR drop to 2.558% and active cases rise to 32.4% with the raw numbers rising and now over 2.8M. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
Global cases set a new daily high of 500,796;
North America sets a new daily high of 245,776;
India passes 8M cases- almost 18% of all cases;
The USA completes 136M, India 105M, Italy 15M and Netherlands 3M tests;

Albania (311)
Lithuania (776)
North Macedonia (870) - 36% above the previous high
Azerbaijan (988)
Serbia (1,328)
Greece (1,547)
Bosnia (1,586)
Lebanon (1,850)
Sweden (1,980)
Slovenia (2,612) - 33% above the previous high
Bulgaria (2,760)
Portugal (3,960)
Romania (5,343)
Switzerland (8,616) - 30% above the previous high
Netherlands (10,343)
Germany (16,202) - 20% above the previous high
Poland (18,820) - 19% above the previous high; and
Italy (24,991) all
recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive days.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 29-10-2020, 02:34 PM   #7356
leesa

Quote:
I do, I also keep a spray bottle of metho/water to spray any parcels I'm suss about. I don't use it much now but vic/nsw were having outbreaks and I was spraying anything I'd bought from those states.

Old 29-10-2020, 05:45 PM   #7357
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Have been doing it for years since travelling up the highways as some of those rest stops can be questionable for hygiene.
Think you will find most people these days are carrying masks and sanitisers in their vehicles. You be crazy if you were not.
Old 29-10-2020, 06:07 PM   #7358
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officemanager View Post
Have been doing it for years since travelling up the highways as some of those rest stops can be questionable for hygiene.
Think you will find most people these days are carrying masks and sanitisers in their vehicles. You be crazy if you were not.
Hand sanitiser is used quite a bit around here, but only see 2-3 people wearing masks in shopping centres and supermarkets, granted they're not as packed here as capital cities though
Old 29-10-2020, 07:15 PM   #7359
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

USA in the last two days (new infections / deaths):

Two days ago - 75,976 / 1,055
Yesterday - 81,581 / 1,030

Wonder what has caused the infections and deaths numbers to rise so dramatically lately? Has there been any mass gatherings in the USA?
Old 29-10-2020, 07:42 PM   #7360
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
USA in the last two days (new infections / deaths):

Two days ago - 75,976 / 1,055
Yesterday - 81,581 / 1,030

Wonder what has caused the infections and deaths numbers to rise so dramatically lately? Has there been any mass gatherings in the USA?
trump rallies !

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
This user likes this post:
Old 29-10-2020, 08:28 PM   #7361
zipping
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The interesting point about the V/Line/Metro trains cleaning corruption scandal is that they appointed Unified Security as its preferred security provider. Only found that out today. see here: https://blog.unifiedsecurity.com.au/...security-group

For mine the plot thickens, what are the odds that where we are seeing a proven kickbacks scheme in action the same organisation just happens to have Unified on it books?

Unified Security was not on the preferred suppliers list its owner David Millard was nonetheless emailed by the Victorian Jobs Department at 11:35pm on Friday, March 27 to see if they were interested in the work. Incredibly Unified Security was signed up about 6 or hours later early Saturday morning, and in less than 24 hours was providing security at Melbourne’s first quarantine hotel. The contract now at 44 million not the 30 million I originally believed.

No wonder there is a lot of amnesia going around amongst those involved with the procurement of Unified Security.

Given the policy failure its a disgrace what is happening in Victoria a Royal Commission is needed. The Coates Inquiry’s disinterest in getting to the bottom of all this is bordering on ineptitude.
Old 29-10-2020, 09:22 PM   #7362
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipping View Post
The interesting point about the V/Line/Metro trains cleaning corruption scandal is that they appointed Unified Security as its preferred security provider. Only found that out today. see here: https://blog.unifiedsecurity.com.au/...security-group

For mine the plot thickens, what are the odds that where we are seeing a proven kickbacks scheme in action the same organisation just happens to have Unified on it books?

Unified Security was not on the preferred suppliers list its owner David Millard was nonetheless emailed by the Victorian Jobs Department at 11:35pm on Friday, March 27 to see if they were interested in the work. Incredibly Unified Security was signed up about 6 or hours later early Saturday morning, and in less than 24 hours was providing security at Melbourne’s first quarantine hotel. The contract now at 44 million not the 30 million I originally believed.

No wonder there is a lot of amnesia going around amongst those involved with the procurement of Unified Security.

Given the policy failure its a disgrace what is happening in Victoria a Royal Commission is needed. The Coates Inquiry’s disinterest in getting to the bottom of all this is bordering on ineptitude.
Worth noting NSW also used Unified Security for hotel quarantine, but they did have ADF and Police as additional personnel in the hotels.

In situations like this its always tempting to have an end in mind then going looking for evidence to support it. The inquiry found no evidence of corruption and so didn't go down that rabbit hole.
Old 29-10-2020, 09:37 PM   #7363
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some simple maths because that's all I can manage .

Australia has roughly 25 million people ..so far we've had just over 900 deaths attributed to Covid 19 ..The fatality rate per head of population is about one in every 27,700 people .

Compare that to the land of the free and home of the brave .

About 340,000,000 for 227,000 deaths .. Using per head of population that equates to one person dying for every 1500 people .

I wonder which of these two countries has done the harder yards and are over 18 times better off fatality wise once the person is diagnosed with the virus .

Anybody who thinks El Presidente Trump can lay any claim to doing a good job on handling the pandemic needs to get a reality check I'd suggest .
2 users like this post:
Old 29-10-2020, 09:38 PM   #7364
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

France and Germany to introduce National Lockdowns. France from tomorrow, Germany from Monday.

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/new-lo...rge-in-europe/

Germany faired well during the first wave. Not so this time. Europe is currently experiencing what could well be a bigger wave than the first.

This is not going anywhere. 2021 is only 2 months away.
Old 29-10-2020, 09:43 PM   #7365
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
Anybody who thinks El Presidente Trump can lay any claim to doing a good job on handling the pandemic needs to get a reality check I'd suggest .
Trump has done a good job. His office released a presser yesterday that listed 'ending the COVID-19 pandemic' as one of Trump's achievements.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/t...0-10?r=US&IR=T

If it's an official press release then it must be true??
Old 29-10-2020, 09:48 PM   #7366
zipping
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Worth noting NSW also used Unified Security for hotel quarantine, but they did have ADF and Police as additional personnel in the hotels.
Interesting, did not know that, they were only s small company 2018/19 with revenue of just over $3 mill. Amy idea on the value of that contract?
Old 29-10-2020, 09:58 PM   #7367
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodahs View Post
trump rallies !
Rallies wouldn't generate those numbers, but where the contact tracing leads to 'murica wide, and what's been happening since May?
2 users like this post:
Old 29-10-2020, 10:10 PM   #7368
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipping View Post
Interesting, did not know that, they were only s small company 2018/19 with revenue of just over $3 mill. Amy idea on the value of that contract?
Not for the NSW contract. NSW using the firm was first revealed during the inquiry, but you don't hear or read much about it.

Also note there is a dispute that is ongoing on whether the company broke contractual requirements by subcontracting (in Vic). NSW had to call in the cops to investigate when some of their security firms (don't think its the same one?) subcontracted work out illegally.
Old 30-10-2020, 05:54 AM   #7369
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodahs View Post
trump rallies !

If the numbers even remotely supported this statement, then the press here would be all over it.
I am almost certain that thousands of people are currently trying to make the link.
Old 30-10-2020, 06:51 AM   #7370
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
Rallies wouldn't generate those numbers, but where the contact tracing leads to 'murica wide, and what's been happening since May?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgoFG
If the numbers even remotely supported this statement, then the press here would be all over it.
I am almost certain that thousands of people are currently trying to make the link.
It was a joke, lighten up
Old 30-10-2020, 08:11 AM   #7371
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
Some simple maths because that's all I can manage .

Australia has roughly 25 million people ..so far we've had just over 900 deaths attributed to Covid 19 ..The fatality rate per head of population is about one in every 27,700 people .

Compare that to the land of the free and home of the brave .

About 340,000,000 for 227,000 deaths .. Using per head of population that equates to one person dying for every 1500 people .

I wonder which of these two countries has done the harder yards and are over 18 times better off fatality wise once the person is diagnosed with the virus .

Theres been an American media piece released in NZ where they go on about how we have quarantine "Camps" in NZ where your tested etc and they laugh about how we've only had 25 deaths ...they just cant understand how we allow such inconvenience to our freedom

You just dont get it do you Mericans ......your right to spread the virus is the same as your right to run around the streets shooting each other with automatic weapons rather than there right to protect each other from a pandemic .....its not just about you Mericans

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
2 users like this post:
Old 30-10-2020, 10:45 AM   #7372
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipping
Blacked-out emails show dispute over security company's role
https://www.theage.com.au/politics/v...29-p569uz.html

It sounds like the decision to use Unified Security was largely based on "equal opportunity". There doesn't appear to be any foul intentions.....at this stage.

Victoria’s COVID quarantine debacle could have happened in any state: WHO doctor
https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/coro...tralia-woeful/

I think those waiting for a report that points everything at the Vic premier will be disappointed. Whilst all the attention is on the security firm, it should be remembered that patient 0 was not a security guard. And security guards having large family gatherings were against the rules, and had nothing to do with "decision to use security guards".
Also note NSW were quick to identify security firms subcontracting, but Vic was late to the party.
It is likely the report will highlight failures at various points and at various levels of government.......including......

Government rejected requests for PPE from hundreds of aged care homes at peak of pandemic
https://www.theage.com.au/politics/f...28-p569a7.html
Old 30-10-2020, 01:40 PM   #7373
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 23:59 GMT October 29th, 2020.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting except for the Victorian 14 day moving averages.

13 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR drops to 3.290% while active cases rise to 1,424. NSW recorded 5 cases, NT 4, WA & SA 1 case each. Those are the first cases in the NT since August 2nd.

The Victorian State 14 day moving average is up to 2.86 with metro rising to 2.6 (2 unknown) and regional at zero with no unknown cases (including today). Victoria reported 4 new cases for the last 24 hours.

6 new case and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.283% and active cases rise to 70.

The UK had a lower 23,65 new cases yesterday. We know they are now not counting their mortalities by the WHO guidelines so we are going to ignore the CMR but even using their method they recorded 280 deaths.

Just under 83k new cases (a new record high) in the USA yesterday and 1,047 deaths sees CMR drop to 2.556% and active cases remain at 32.4% with the raw numbers rising and now over 2.9M. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences but the numbers for today look worse again.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 45M with the last 1M in 3 days;
Global cases set a new daily high of 539,872;
North America passes 11M cases;
Europe sets a new daily high of 279,499;
North America sets a new daily high of 98,289;
The USA completes 141M, India 106M, Russia 59M, UK 33M and Germany 21M tests;

Norway (495)
Lithuania (950) - 22% above the high yesterday
Belarus (984) - the previous high on 29th April
Azerbaijan (1,012)
Serbia (1,384)
Bosnia (1,902) - 20% above the high yesterday
Lebanon (1,933)
Sweden (2,820) - 42% above the high yesterday
Croatia (2,776)
Portugal (4,224)
Morocco (4,320)
Austria (4,453) - 23% above the previous high
Romania (6,481) - 21% above the high yesterday
Iran (8,293) -
19% above the previous high
Switzerland (9,386)
Netherlands (10,343)
Germany (18,732)
Russia (17,717)
Poland (20,156)
Belgium (21,048) -
19% above the previous high
Spain (23,850)
Italy (26,831); and
USA (82,944) all
recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive days.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 31-10-2020 at 01:40 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 30-10-2020, 02:14 PM   #7374
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
[B]
Global cases set a new daily high of 539,872;
[/FONT]
I've been eagerly watching this figure to see when it starts to taper off. I was kinda expecting to see it start to do so already, but it seems to keep climbing. Do you have an updated global cases chart, Russ? And do you have the global daily deaths which you could overlay on that same chart to see how the trend is following (or not) the cases trend? From what we've seen in Australia, presumably we're in for a larger daily global deaths rate, too. Which is a bit of a concern.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
Old 30-10-2020, 03:57 PM   #7375
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
I've been eagerly watching this figure to see when it starts to taper off. I was kinda expecting to see it start to do so already, but it seems to keep climbing. Do you have an updated global cases chart, Russ? And do you have the global daily deaths which you could overlay on that same chart to see how the trend is following (or not) the cases trend? From what we've seen in Australia, presumably we're in for a larger daily global deaths rate, too. Which is a bit of a concern.
To avoid adding to the workload Russ is doing, you may be able to find what you are looking for here:

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

In the bottom right hand corner there is a bar chart that is scrollable and gives daily cases, daily deaths, cumulative cases and cumulative deaths in various forms.

The daily death rate has been fairly constant, except for occasional spikes.

I would expect that the current explosion of cases in the northern hemisphere will generate an increase in fatalities after a delay owing to many cases being treated in hospital to maintain life until the treatments fail in effectiveness.

Another factor might be because the hospitals get overloaded and can not keep ahead of the increasing case numbers - let us hope that this does not eventuate.

Based on the evidence of Australia, New Zealand, South Korea and Singapore it seems inescapable to conclude that European countries and the USA particularly are now experiencing the results of not locking down early enough or with sufficient vigour.

If they can not get on top of things as they go into colder weather, which will tend to keep people indoors, they are looking at significant effect on their economies, which clearly they were trying to avoid.

Just my take on the situation, you understand.

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

Old 30-10-2020, 05:18 PM   #7376
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanD View Post
To avoid adding to the workload Russ is doing, you may be able to find what you are looking for here:

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

In the bottom right hand corner there is a bar chart that is scrollable and gives daily cases, daily deaths, cumulative cases and cumulative deaths in various forms.

The daily death rate has been fairly constant, except for occasional spikes.

I would expect that the current explosion of cases in the northern hemisphere will generate an increase in fatalities after a delay owing to many cases being treated in hospital to maintain life until the treatments fail in effectiveness.

Another factor might be because the hospitals get overloaded and can not keep ahead of the increasing case numbers - let us hope that this does not eventuate.

Based on the evidence of Australia, New Zealand, South Korea and Singapore it seems inescapable to conclude that European countries and the USA particularly are now experiencing the results of not locking down early enough or with sufficient vigour.

If they can not get on top of things as they go into colder weather, which will tend to keep people indoors, they are looking at significant effect on their economies, which clearly they were trying to avoid.

Just my take on the situation, you understand.

Cheers
Thanks for the link, Alan. I'll take a look see.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
Old 30-10-2020, 06:05 PM   #7377
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post

Also note there is a dispute that is ongoing on whether the company broke contractual requirements by subcontracting (in Vic).
Good luck with that too - you contract a $40 plus million project to a business with 75 employees and have clauses in the contract that says they cannot contract any work out? Were they going to employ 1000 staff in two weeks? Unfair contract terms would eat that alive.

Not much business acumen around I suppose? The whole defence of the Vic Government here just tires me out. There is a thing called due diligence, it was rushed yes, but the whole lot was a fiasco.

When i look at the two biggest failings in what happened in Vic I am happy to entertain the "unprecedented card". Neither the Feds or the State had pre-existing manpower to handle what was happening cleanly.

The Feds failed in the Aged care - BUT THEY DID NOT REFUSE HELP THAT WAS OFFERED. Now if it comes to pass again after the time they have had the properly prepare that they fail again(and they may), then that is another thing, as the "unprecedented" card has been played .

Vic State did not have the resources, they were offered help, refused it and ran with diverting staff from "major events" or whatever with no experience, and bingo, you award contracts to entities unable to fulfil them. Yes they should not have accepted those contracts, but ultimately it is the "business" that contracts out that is responsible.

I feel sorry for "Denise or Denis from Major Events". Thrown in the deep end, no oversight from above. I would lose my job for sure if I was that messy and delegated to people out of their depth.

Golden rule : If things are out of control, accept any help.

6 users like this post:
Old 30-10-2020, 06:46 PM   #7378
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Another month added to Inquiry. Waiting on documents from Sutto and DHHS...

Victorian coronavirus hotel quarantine inquiry's final report delayed until late December

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-...d-dec/12825514
Old 30-10-2020, 06:51 PM   #7379
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

WA opening up from 14 of November for states/territories with 28 days free of local transmission which currently includes ACT, NT, SA TAS and QLD with no quarantine requirement.

Anyone who has been in a low risk area with local transmission will need to self-quarantine for 14 days and have a mandatory test on day 11 which currently is only NSW and VIC. Glad to see some movement on this.

ACT last case (non-local transmission) has recovered so 0 active here again.

Trending upwards in the north hemisphere since they are cooling off.
2 users like this post:
Old 30-10-2020, 07:14 PM   #7380
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
Good luck with that too - you contract a $40 plus million project to a business with 75 employees and have clauses in the contract that says they cannot contract any work out? Were they going to employ 1000 staff in two weeks? Unfair contract terms would eat that alive.

Not much business acumen around I suppose? The whole defence of the Vic Government here just tires me out. There is a thing called due diligence, it was rushed yes, but the whole lot was a fiasco.

When i look at the two biggest failings in what happened in Vic I am happy to entertain the "unprecedented card". Neither the Feds or the State had pre-existing manpower to handle what was happening cleanly.

The Feds failed in the Aged care - BUT THEY DID NOT REFUSE HELP THAT WAS OFFERED. Now if it comes to pass again after the time they have had the properly prepare that they fail again(and they may), then that is another thing, as the "unprecedented" card has been played .

Vic State did not have the resources, they were offered help, refused it and ran with diverting staff from "major events" or whatever with no experience, and bingo, you award contracts to entities unable to fulfil them. Yes they should not have accepted those contracts, but ultimately it is the "business" that contracts out that is responsible.

I feel sorry for "Denise or Denis from Major Events". Thrown in the deep end, no oversight from above. I would lose my job for sure if I was that messy and delegated to people out of their depth.

Golden rule : If things are out of control, accept any help.
Bravo good post tweeked.
I find T3rminator quite trying over time, like he's on Dans payroll looking to cover tracks.....and compare to NSW but they did the same yaddayaddayadda....mate its not State vs State but if you like to see it as a game, there's errors always from both sides.
Please, forget all this they said he said - everyone is in the wrong somewhere - incl blind freddy.
You finally have some freedom, get away from every single website close down your laptop.
Get in the car drive, drive like the wind enjoy.......
More so post about being very careful from infections, be wary when out amongst fellow citizens, you know more like a citizen spreading the good word.
Whats the point defending pollies, whats it going to gain you.
Nothing.
2 users like this post:
Closed Thread