Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Race Brakes Sydney

Race Brakes Sydney Street and race performance pad / rotor combinations as well as brake upgrades and Exedy clutch kits. Website Link

Old 09-11-2010, 05:59 PM   #31
MexicanBatman
Banned

i should probably ask this elsewhere, but...

does the std FG master cyl work fine with these brakes and is it fine to upgrade the front only then do the rears when i have some more coin? how will the bias and dsc be affected...

also vs std brakes, will there be a loss of comfort eg, grinding squealing etc... or is it possible other than the occasional passenger through the windscreen that i wouldn't know unless i was braking hard or looking at them that they weren't the stock items...

i ask this as im in need of brakes even though ive done just 7000km mine are shagged, scored rotors, next step is heat shots and shudder, i dont race the car at a track, but ive had the standard FG turbo brakes smoking plenty of times..
MexicanBatman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2010, 10:34 AM   #32
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanBatman
i should probably ask this elsewhere, but...

does the std FG master cyl work fine with these brakes and is it fine to upgrade the front only then do the rears when i have some more coin? how will the bias and dsc be affected...

also vs std brakes, will there be a loss of comfort eg, grinding squealing etc... or is it possible other than the occasional passenger through the windscreen that i wouldn't know unless i was braking hard or looking at them that they weren't the stock items...

i ask this as im in need of brakes even though ive done just 7000km mine are shagged, scored rotors, next step is heat shots and shudder, i dont race the car at a track, but ive had the standard FG turbo brakes smoking plenty of times..
The std master cylinder is fine and we prefer customers to do the rear at the same time but we have many customers who do front only and rears are done at a later date.The brake bias is effected to some point and seems to be no big issue for street driven cars but maybe other forum members could give there opinion on this.
With the Brembo brakes fitted you will find your high speed braking will improve and so will the constant hard braking when towing is done.You should have no grinding or squealing but that can depend on pad choice and how you drive.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2010, 10:11 PM   #33
F6T
Has V8 envy

Any updates Matt??

Is there any chance whatsoever, that these 6potters with the 380m disc will fit on the 18" BA typhoon rims? There will certainly be enough spoke clearance but I'd be worried about clearance in the barrell. Especially with some wheel balance weight thrown in.

Any chance at all?

GTX35/82r + 82lb injectors
Nizpro 4" exhaust
Plazmaman 1000hp IC/piping/BOV/plenum
Process West surge tank
Crow springs
TEIN super streets
6/4 brembos

TUNED BY BLUEPOWER RACING
F6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2010, 11:17 PM   #34
data_mine
GT-P With An Ego
Donating Member2

Kinda interested Matt.

What rotors are being used? i.e. will they be easy to replace? As you know I go through mine a little quickly

Ford Performance Club of ACT
data_mine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2010, 10:07 AM   #35
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
Any updates Matt??

Is there any chance whatsoever, that these 6potters with the 380m disc will fit on the 18" BA typhoon rims? There will certainly be enough spoke clearance but I'd be worried about clearance in the barrell. Especially with some wheel balance weight thrown in.

Any chance at all?

Not sure but i think they will need atleast 19" . The caliper will sit about 1/2in or 12.5mm out further than what it currently does if that helps.

Quote:
data_mine Kinda interested Matt.

What rotors are being used? i.e. will they be easy to replace? As you know I go through mine a little quickly
This is the other thing that is holding me up. I can get 2 kits really quickly but replacement rotors will be hard to get and i don't want that problem down the track BUT the new rotor i have found is a Porsche one and there are plenty in stock but it means we have to re do the aluminium hats because they both have different mounting pcd's.

Quote:
This is the current situation with the brake kits.
The aluminium hats will take 2-3 weeks to make and i have to get atleast 5 pair done.This has no bearing on the brackets we have to do as the hats are all the same.What i would like to know is who is serious about these kits because there is some interest shown but it looks like two different brackets will be needed being BA and FG.
With all the information i have shown who thinks they will be buying a kit with the current prices and before christmas ?

Please put name and car model with full front kit or rotor upgrade please.

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 12-11-2010, 11:42 AM   #36
data_mine
GT-P With An Ego
Donating Member2

I'll have to do some checking on the weekend regarding clearance. As I have a set of 18's with semi's on them I'd like to be able to keep using.

So the calliper doesn't move inboard our outboard any? just 12.5mm further from the hub?

Also swept area, do the pads cover the whole face of the rotor? I've seen upgrade kits before where the pads only cover X% (say 75%) of the rotor surface resulting in very weird wear.

As for the ~$2400 initial price, sounds a little steep, but I understand custom brackets and hats won't come cheap - what would replacement rotors cost (if that's reasonable I don't have a problem with a higher initial price).

Sorry to be picky, but I like to be properly informed.
Thanks

Old 12-11-2010, 12:30 PM   #37
F6T
Has V8 envy

Matt, I will also take some measurements this weekend. I will still like to be able to fit my factory rims if possible. I noticed that CAT600 had a 380mm brembo setup put under some 18" rims on his latest FG project. There was JUST enough room in the barrell even with wheel weights in place.

Nizpro 4" exhaust
Process West surge tank
Crow springs
TEIN super streets
6/4 brembos

Old 12-11-2010, 12:37 PM   #38
mac_man_luke
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

he also had 8 piston callipers!
Old 12-11-2010, 01:16 PM   #39
F6T
Has V8 envy

^^^ correct.

Nizpro 4" exhaust
Process West surge tank
Crow springs
TEIN super streets
6/4 brembos

Old 12-11-2010, 04:56 PM   #40
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
Matt, I will also take some measurements this weekend. I will still like to be able to fit my factory rims if possible. I noticed that CAT600 had a 380mm brembo setup put under some 18" rims on his latest FG project. There was JUST enough room in the barrell even with wheel weights in place.
The 18" rims I have do have uber-clearance guys.... the 18" "Supercar" front rims dont even go close to fitting over the 380/8 pot setup.

I feel that 19"ers are going to be the minimum if using an OEM rim.

Daniel
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2010, 05:18 PM   #41
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by data_mine
I'll have to do some checking on the weekend regarding clearance. As I have a set of 18's with semi's on them I'd like to be able to keep using.

So the calliper doesn't move inboard our outboard any? just 12.5mm further from the hub?

Also swept area, do the pads cover the whole face of the rotor? I've seen upgrade kits before where the pads only cover X% (say 75%) of the rotor surface resulting in very weird wear.

As for the ~$2400 initial price, sounds a little steep, but I understand custom brackets and hats won't come cheap - what would replacement rotors cost (if that's reasonable I don't have a problem with a higher initial price).

Sorry to be picky, but I like to be properly informed.
Thanks
Your not being pricky and I don't mind the questions because it is better that this is done beforehand than after when it is to late and everyone has wasted time and money.
1.The calipers will only move roughly about 12.5mm further from the hub.
2.The swept area is larger than the pad surface area - reason is we are not making custom rotors to fit the calipers/pads but using what is available on the market at hopefully affordable prices.
3.Replacement rotors at the moment for this kit would be under $400 each.
4.To have brackets and aluminium hats custom made is expensive on small qty's.

Pad swept area answer.
On the current rotor we are thinking of using there is 8 -10mm of left over surface area from the pad and the pad has about a 55mm surface area.The pad depth on the rotor is about 64mm which is the most common size as we also have to make sure the brake pad backing plate does not foul on the hat when the pads wear out and also the bottom of the caliper clears.

Any more questions please ask away and hopefully i can help before this goes ahead

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 22-11-2010, 08:23 PM   #42
data_mine
GT-P With An Ego
Donating Member2

Grabbed my 18"s (Speedy Cobalt - listed as Brembo compatible), chucked one on the front and did some unscientific measuring - with my finger which just happens to be 12.5mm thick just past the nail.

Looks like it may be possible (for these wheels).

Matt I'd be happy to test a BA/F bracket for you.

Old 23-11-2010, 12:46 PM   #43
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by data_mine
Grabbed my 18"s (Speedy Cobalt - listed as Brembo compatible), chucked one on the front and did some unscientific measuring - with my finger which just happens to be 12.5mm thick just past the nail.

Looks like it may be possible (for these wheels).

Matt I'd be happy to test a BA/F bracket for you.
I might have to resort to the original rotors that were being offered in this kit as it doesn't look like the numbers are there to get all new parts made. I have just contacted the machinist to get a price on getting singles done. I may take you up on the offer if it goes through.

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 26-11-2010, 02:37 AM   #44
Adrian_F6
Nizpro Enhanced F6 Ute

i have a BF tornado with 6 pots front / pbr rear.

how much for just the 380mm front rotors/hubs and brackets, i want the brembos to
stay where they are. and what are the factory brembo brake pads going to cost as an extra?

FORD FAIRLANE AU MILLENIUM
The Highway Cruiser!

2006 YAMAHA YZ 250 2T
My Relaxation method!
Adrian_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2010, 11:03 AM   #45
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian_F6
i have a BF tornado with 6 pots front / pbr rear.

how much for just the 380mm front rotors/hubs and brackets, i want the brembos to
stay where they are. and what are the factory brembo brake pads going to cost as an extra?

$2500 with slotted discs and i have a set of factory brembo pads here but 1 pad has a small piece of pad material broken off about half pad thickness deep at the bottom of the pad and you can have these for $200

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 26-11-2010, 02:44 PM   #46
F6T
Has V8 envy

Matt, I have decided that I want to be able to retain my stock rims, these 380mm rotors will not fit - so I am out.

I am now considering the AP Racing 6pot 362mm fronts vs. 6pot brembos. AS I already have teh 4pot brembos on teh rear, do the AP callipers come in red or are they only in black? If so, I will probably opt for the 6pot brembos to maintain consistency

Nizpro 4" exhaust
Process West surge tank
Crow springs
TEIN super streets
6/4 brembos

Old 26-11-2010, 04:11 PM   #47
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
Matt, I have decided that I want to be able to retain my stock rims, these 380mm rotors will not fit - so I am out.

I am now considering the AP Racing 6pot 362mm fronts vs. 6pot brembos. AS I already have teh 4pot brembos on teh rear, do the AP callipers come in red or are they only in black? If so, I will probably opt for the 6pot brembos to maintain consistency
No problems and we can do the AP Front kit with red calipers when in stock.

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 28-11-2010, 03:45 PM   #48
tray_18
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That is a great price for the front i have been waiting for year for this kit .
Would have been good if it was 4 spot 355 for the rear
tray_18 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2010, 09:47 AM   #49
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by tray_18
That is a great price for the front i have been waiting for year for this kit .
Would have been good if it was 4 spot 355 for the rear
Maybe we are looking into this kit ??????????

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 29-11-2010, 05:57 PM   #50
tray_18
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hope so;)
Old 29-11-2010, 10:19 PM   #51
tray_18
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hope so i would be keen for that kind of kit
Old 04-12-2010, 12:38 PM   #52
tray_18
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Would there be any chance of putting a photo up of the brakes mate

Interior by Leather FX, PM vegabass for all your interior needs
Old 06-12-2010, 09:36 AM   #53
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Would there be any chance of putting a photo up of the brakes mate
If the kit can be completed and works then no problems i will post a picture up but it won't be anytime soon sorry mate.

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 06-12-2010, 08:00 PM   #54
tray_18
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok mate
When u have a firm price on the brakes pm plz just for the front
BF F6
Trav

Old 07-12-2010, 09:52 AM   #55
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Ok mate
When u have a firm price on the brakes pm plz just for the front
BF F6
Trav
Front only no problems but with or without the calipers thanks Trav

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 07-12-2010, 12:44 PM   #56
tray_18
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

With thanks

Old 08-12-2010, 05:32 PM   #57
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
With thanks

If you went with FG brembo's then the 378mm front set up is about $3500
and we put the crossover pipe adaptor in to get them correct as we have a good price on FG 6 pots atm
OR
If you went with the original BA brembo's and the 378mm set up about $3800 as the calipers are dearer than the FG ones.( this is depending on stock at the time )
The prices are a guide because often the suppliers are stocked up 1 minute and no stock the next which results in them changing prices for us.

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 08-12-2010, 09:18 PM   #58
tray_18
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok thanks with the FG 1 will the brake still be in the 9 oclock?

Old 09-12-2010, 12:12 PM   #59
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Ok thanks with the FG 1 will the brake still be in the 9 oclock?
The FG one fitted to the early models sits the caliper in a slightly different position to the genuine set up but remember the early set up wasn't 378mm either.

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 08-03-2012, 01:51 AM   #60
blownv8au
Pro Street Au Ute

Default Re: 378mm 6 Piston Brembo Upgrade

Has this idea gone any further at all? sounds good.

Weekender. AU XR8 s2 sedan. 427 windsor, t56 magnum. 3.9 locker.
blownv8au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post