Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 27-08-2020, 12:07 PM   #1
SR781
Starter Motor

Default LZ Focus Stop-Start function N/W

Our 2015 LZ Titanium now the Start-Stop function is not working and the light on the dash is a different colour that it used to be, the Dealers are aware of it in Sydney but are not offering any Ford assistance for cars out of Warranty, anyone got the same issue??
SR781 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2020, 02:19 PM   #2
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: LZ Focus Stop-Start function N/W

try charging the battery really well and see if that makes a difference The system does not like old batterys as voltage is one of the in puts for the system. On some makes of car you need to reset the parameters when putting in a replacement battery or it still thinks you have the old battery
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2020, 02:34 PM   #3
SR781
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by marg99 View Post
try charging the battery really well and see if that makes a difference The system does not like old batterys as voltage is one of the in puts for the system. On some makes of car you need to reset the parameters when putting in a replacement battery or it still thinks you have the old battery
Brand new battery and problem showed up 6 months after new battery fitted and NRMA come back out and tested the new battery as i mentioned the dealers are aware of the problem as they are getting a few cars with the same issue but Ford are ignoring it
Old 27-08-2020, 05:52 PM   #4
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Did the NRMA fit the correct start/stop battery because the battery is unique to start/stop vehicles and are a little more expensive too.

Is the A light greyed out or flashing?

Do you know if there are any codes in the system, because other issues with the vehicle can inhibit the auto start/stop system from working.

Have a read in the owners manual, there are many reasons as to why the system may stop working?

LZ Start Stop.JPG
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2020, 06:31 PM   #5
SR781
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
Did the NRMA fit the correct start/stop battery because the battery is unique to start/stop vehicles and are a little more expensive too.

Is the A light greyed out or flashing?

Do you know if there are any codes in the system, because other issues with the vehicle can inhibit the auto start/stop system from working.

Have a read in the owners manual, there are many reasons as to why the system may stop working?

Attachment 103426
Its the correct battery
Its a grey coloured light
I am trying to find out if others are having this problem
Old 27-08-2020, 07:28 PM   #6
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR781 View Post
Its the correct battery
Its a grey coloured light
I am trying to find out if others are having this problem
Can you advise brand and part number of the battery fitted.

Grey means the system is not working, but this could or could not be a problem.

If the system does not meet a certain criteria as examples mentioned below, then its operating correctly and not a problem as such. For example if the engine needs to remain running to maintain the heater going on a cold day and the auto start/stop does not work, then that is a system function. But if there is something else causing it like for example a dead battery, then it is a problem.

I had the same issue on my wife's old LZ and was fixed with a replacement genuine battery, part number 106601. It still had the original battery and was four years old at the time which made sense.

I have heard issues with the auxiliary oil pump for the automatic transmission can fail and thus stops the auto start/stop from working but that usually produces a DTC. That would also be a problem.
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 27-08-2020, 08:31 PM   #7
SR781
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
Can you advise brand and part number of the battery fitted.

Grey means the system is not working, but this could or could not be a problem.

If the system does not meet a certain criteria as examples mentioned below, then its operating correctly and not a problem as such. For example if the engine needs to remain running to maintain the heater going on a cold day and the auto start/stop does not work, then that is a system function. But if there is something else causing it like for example a dead battery, then it is a problem.

I had the same issue on my wife's old LZ and was fixed with a replacement genuine battery, part number 106601. It still had the original battery and was four years old at the time which made sense.

I have heard issues with the auxiliary oil pump for the automatic transmission can fail and thus stops the auto start/stop from working but that usually produces a DTC. That would also be a problem.
Hi thanks for the input but i am trying to find out how many others have the same issue
Old 14-09-2020, 06:40 PM   #8
DeKa

I had the same issue. It was the beginning of the end of that battery.

When the battery is replaced, the battery management system (BMS) must be reset. Typical battery installation services do it using a device connected to the OBD2 port. Was this done?
DeKa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2020, 01:22 PM   #9
PeCo
Starter Motor

I also had the same issue. Stop-start function stopped working on my 2016 LZ Focus Titanium early this year. I was wondering why and then a few months later the battery failed. I got a new battery from the NRMA and now stop-start is working fine again. I put it down to the car not activating stop-start because the battery was not sufficiently reliable due to it being near its end of life. I've had no issues since the new battery was installed a couple of months ago.
PeCo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 25-09-2020, 06:52 PM   #10
XW 393
"WHEEZER" POWERED

Had the same problem with my LZ Titanium. Replaced the battery with a stop start specific battery and BMS reset it is all good now.
Old 25-09-2020, 07:04 PM   #11
DeKa

So it appears we can now assume that when stop start no longer works, it’s nearly the end of the battery’s useful working life.
DeKa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post