Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Old 18-04-2009, 08:25 PM   #1
Daniel
F6 - with sugar on top

Default BPR, doing what others simply cant or wont!

I just wanted to thank both Theo and Chris at Blue Power Racing for their work on my car this week going; for the record I am not affiliated with this workshop, nor am I benefitting in any aspect from this public recommendation.

Having dropped off my car for a couple of days, sadly things fell behind schedule with incorrect parts being supplied by their supplier immediately.
Theo was straight up with me and explained the situation; to make things interesting I am told their supplier was then out of the parts required and would have to wait on couriers to get the goods to him. Now I am sure most if not all of us know how unreliable most couriers are, so Theo opted to personally go pick up the bits we were waiting on to get the ball rolling, fast (as I was already on my way to collect the car by this stage, which I can now have a bit of a laugh at)

How rare it is these days to turn a positive impression out of such a negative situation even if it was completely out of their hands; I take this aspect into my own work daily and have huge respect for their extra miles put in to go above an beyond their call of duty.. They could of very well just given me the run about with 'parts wont be dropped off in time, your car will be ready a day or 2 later, not our fault, deal with it..."
This has happened to me twice in the past even though I always ensure the shop I leave my car with have enough time with it when I book it in etc.. as I don't want a rushed job with corners cut.

Also, I am pleased to explain that while there is a couple of little things we will touch up at a later date coming up in the near future; they are extraordinarily accepting of ideas on where you may wish to change an aspect of the tune or work done and without any arm twisting - very willing to jump in an give it a go to the best of their abilities which is a rare refreshing aspect for tuners I have come across; and I have been to a few in Melbourne now.

Anyone in Melbourne who is looking for a tuner that will tune your car within the cars realistic scope; with a run down of what is possible and what isn't and why.. I must say that the BPR tune I have got so far, while I still want to change a small thing or two, is already heads and shoulders above my others!
Even though I am a loooong drive from the BPR workshop, I am finally getting the sort of assistance and know how that I wanted from day 1 when I decided I would modify my car; in the last 2 years of owning this car I have never felt this sort of comfort and reassurance in the cars ability and reliability!

Maybe I am overly fussy with my car, but please rest assured that the guys DID notice the effort I put into my car and have obviously put in extra efforts to do the same; this is THE first time I have ever given my car to a shop for any little thing and got it back in the same general condition/cleanliness it went in with.

Once again, thanks guys, truly great service and I will be back to sort out a few things soon, I will be in touch! :

Cheers - Daniel.

Last edited by Daniel; 18-04-2009 at 08:29 PM. Reason: forgot to mention one aspect of BPRs work
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2009, 08:40 PM   #2
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Thats how a good reputation starts and its great to see. Shame they are not in WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2009, 09:43 PM   #3
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Good review mate,

My trip down there will be longer than most but ive been looking forward going to BPR and talking to Chris for around 12 Months.

When my car does finally make it ther im confident it will be in the most capable hands.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2009, 02:15 PM   #4
TUF270
BACK IN AN FG TURBO

exactly how i feel about them mate, they dont get any better for all round customer service, advice and wormanship.....they are just like mates, they are realistic about what your car will and wont acheive, and they tune the car for the real world, not dyno queen figures....i have never been happier leaving my car with someone....usually i stress out when i get it back wondering if something has been left undone or what ever but i dont even think about it with these guys....

+1 for a recomendation.....even if your interstate get your car down to these guys... ;)

mine is going back in to them in the near future
TUF270 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2009, 10:14 PM   #5
JOSH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

i have a 12 hour drive to BPR and it is well worth it and i will be doing it again very soon

Blue Power Racing Developments
(03) 93053000
Ray Prescott Auto
(02) 49902488
JOSH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2009, 03:54 PM   #6
Theo@BluePower
Bluepower
Donating Member1

Thank you for the kind words Daniel...

Its always nice to work on such a clean car as i can see the time and effort you put into your car as it was clean enough to put on display...

I am getting those others things sorted for you and will be ready when you come in next...

Thanks again

Theo@BPR
03 9305 3000

Theo@BluePower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2009, 10:26 AM   #7
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSH
i have a 12 hour drive to BPR and it is well worth it and i will be doing it again very soon
Pffft.... I drove 45 hours to BPR and they worked on a Sunday in the xmas break. :

I dont think you can get better service than what Chris and the crew offer.

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
superpursuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2009, 09:29 AM   #8
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

You lot are all soft - I had to swim Bass Strait with the Scud strapped to my back,,,,,

More good feedback lads - maintain the rage - it's customer service like you continue to demonstrate that will carry your business through this tougher economic climate. People are being more careful with their disposable coin, and are spending where they get best VALUE for the $$.

As we all know know, value aint the cheapest price, its the overall spending experience and achievement of the desired outcome.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2009, 12:21 PM   #9
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
You lot are all soft - I had to swim Bass Strait with the Scud strapped to my back,,,,,

Ok You win Tex

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
superpursuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post