Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-12-2010, 11:05 AM   #1
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default The Holden "Curze"

Unhappy Holden Cruze owners have renamed it the Holden Curze. Read what they have to say about their “Curze” purchase on “Not Good Enough”

http://www.notgoodenough.org/viewtopic.php?t=39332

Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2010, 11:18 AM   #2
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Yep... wait till these cars are 4 - 5 years old then see how they are going.

No manufacturer is perfect, we bought a Dud LS Focus back in 2005 and the easiest solution for me was to trade it in at the time and to prove a point to my local Ford dealer we went and bought a VE Calais V8.

These new Holdens - Cruise / Captiva / Spark (Barina) are all hit and miss cars, sure you can get a good one but theres always going to be high risk buying Korean cars.

Another point to mention is the fact that with all the government / fleet sales on Cruze its going to get smashed resale wise... 2 years and they wont be worth half what people paid for them new simply because Holden has so many fleets / governments hoodwinked by the diesel model.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2010, 11:41 AM   #3
burnz
VFII SS UTE

one post their states hot air threw the air vent on 38* days, but wont use the aircon..
what does he expect??
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2010, 11:47 AM   #4
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz
one post their states hot air threw the air vent on 38* days, but wont use the aircon..
what does he expect??
He states he gets 38deg hot air through the vents on 25deg days, and he wont use aircon, why should he on a 25deg day?
Old 10-12-2010, 11:50 AM   #5
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6 FOON
He states he gets 38deg hot air through the vents on 25deg days, and he wont use aircon, why should he on a 25deg day?
Correct..

The fresh air is all coming from the engine bay it seems!!

Daewoooooooooooo.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2010, 12:14 PM   #6
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro
Unhappy Holden Cruze owners have renamed it the Holden Curze. Read what they have to say about their “Curze” purchase on “Not Good Enough”

http://www.notgoodenough.org/viewtopic.php?t=39332
Ok... so 9 owners over the past few weeks have said they have had issues with a new car.

Ho hummmmm I was expecting pages and pages of posts.

How many thousands and thousands of these cars have been sold???

Every new car has teething issues.

I do recall a certain brand that has had rust appearing in a join in the boot lid for the last several years even over 2-3 design revisions...

Territory ball joints?

Did you type in "Ford" into the search or only Holden???
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2010, 12:25 PM   #7
psychoticgroove
SRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
Ok... so 9 owners over the past few weeks have said they have had issues with a new car.

Ho hummmmm I was expecting pages and pages of posts.

How many thousands and thousands of these cars have been sold???

Every new car has teething issues.

I do recall a certain brand that has had rust appearing in a join in the boot lid for the last several years even over 2-3 design revisions...

Territory ball joints?

Did you type in "Ford" into the search or only Holden???
Rightly pointed out mate, good on you.
This Yellow Festiva can hold its burn-out alright

His- 2014 Jeep GC SRT
Her- 2012 Territory TS TDCI
psychoticgroove is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2010, 12:38 PM   #8
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6 FOON
why wouldn't you??
25* day will give around 50+* temps in the cabin..how long will it take the vent to draw the residual heat out of the dash??
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2010, 01:35 PM   #9
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

I predicted Camira II

looks like I was right
Old 10-12-2010, 02:43 PM   #10
bobthebilda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I havent been in one, but have been a pedestrian when a few have taken off from the lights etc, and am quite suprised with the noise they generate, to get going again. You dont tend to notice it with the cruzes more refined competition.

I assume they havent got the mix right with engine and car size. Might not be an issue in The cooler climes of South Korea, but if you want to be running the air conditioner all the time in australia, then maybe they need to warn buyers that stopping at traffic lights etc, could be detrimental to the enjoyment of the car.
bobthebilda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2010, 03:01 PM   #11
glavas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthebilda
I havent been in one, but have been a pedestrian when a few have taken off from the lights etc, and am quite suprised with the noise they generate, to get going again. You dont tend to notice it with the cruzes more refined competition.

I assume they havent got the mix right with engine and car size. Might not be an issue in The cooler climes of South Korea, but if you want to be running the air conditioner all the time in australia, then maybe they need to warn buyers that stopping at traffic lights etc, could be detrimental to the enjoyment of the car.

from what my old man told me when he was over in korea in 1952 is that it gets very hot in summer and cold in winter.
glavas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2010, 03:38 PM   #12
bobthebilda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by glavas
from what my old man told me when he was over in korea in 1952 is that it gets very hot in summer and cold in winter.
They may have extremes sometimes, but in general, as obtained from a website -

Quote:
The South Korea climate during the short summer is hot and humid. The average temperature in August ranges from 20 degrees centigrade to 26 degrees centigrade. This is hottest time of the South Korea climate. The average temperature of Jeju in July is around 25 degrees centigrade.

Like I said, I havent been in one, and dont know what they sound like internally, but when i hear them on the road, I expect to turn around and see a 50cc moped with a 150 kilogram person on it.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:55 PM   #13
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
1952!! global warming has taken over since then

in 1928 the winters here were so cold the river froze so hard they went ice-skating on it. now it doesn't get cold enough to snow. true story and less than 100 years.

as for the cruze, i take a lot of those complaints with a grain of salt. i mean perhaps the car wouldnt' start because he didn't put it in park? a lot of people seem to write a car off for the smallest of complaints or one offs. sure its' bad that a car needs a head replaced or whatever, but it's a volume product, it's probably a very low percentage that fail and we get pist because we were the one that got it.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:30 PM   #14
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie muscle

in 1928 the winters here were so cold the river froze so hard they went ice-skating on it. now it doesn't get cold enough to snow. true story and less than 100 years.
In 1970's the world was being warned that we were gonna go into another ice age and that if we didn't burn fossil fuels we were all doomed.....just remember global started because we were all gonna freeze to death.

As for the Cruze there isn't really anything there to make it a huge issue with the cars...yet.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:31 PM   #15
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie muscle

yeah, they are saying it has got nearly half a degree warmer since then

tweeked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2010, 04:51 PM   #16
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
I predicted Camira II
They even sound the same.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2010, 05:42 PM   #17
XRtowcar
Mustang GT mmmmmm......

Um, OK i'll admit it.
I've been in one, but i'm not proud of it OK.
Wasn't my fault, friend rolled up to pick me up for a lift and didn't tell me his Hilux was the panel shop getting fixed.
Car is basically built cheap, not quick, not class leading, not horrible.
Wouldn't buy one though.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:42 PM   #18
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Your old man is correct. I have spent 4 Winters in Korea where the temp range was a steady neg 15 degrees to neg 5 deg depending on year (loved it) I did 1 Summer there and that was enough! 30 degrees and very humid.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:30 PM   #19
GTpilot
FG GT 5.4 w/ additions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz
why wouldn't you??
25* day will give around 50+* temps in the cabin..how long will it take the vent to draw the residual heat out of the dash??

guys I used to work with bought one, it lasted 2 weeks before he had to bail out of the car one due to smoke coming from the vents. the heater system had caught fire.
holden "repaired it" took them 3 mths to do it though
GTpilot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2010, 10:02 PM   #20
jason_85

I bought one... got the auto diesel version. No issues what so ever.

Of course there will be people who have issues with a new car. The thing is you don't see everyone who was "happy" with their new car get on a forum and say that, and if they did it would make a few posts about bad experiences worthless.
jason_85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2010, 10:17 PM   #21
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

As the Holden loving Paul Gover said last weekend on the car show on 3AW when someone asked if they should buy a Cruze ..... "No ... they are a bad car with way to many better cars on offer."

In saying that though, I dont hold these type of websites in high regard in deciding what is good or bad

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2010, 03:40 PM   #22
bobthebilda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Interesting to see a main spread written about the curze in the saturdays cars guide (newscorp papers). I wonder if when the locally made curze goes on sale, the ads are going to feature the very important fact written in the paper that the curze has only 25% local content. Hyundai advertise that they use australian iron ore, maybe all Hyundai models are more locally mad ethan the curze will be.

Also interesting to see that after the lancer dropped to $20990 and the mazda3 dropped to $21990, that Holden are now starting to offer the curze at $22990 with $1000 cash back. The price drop you have to have, but dont want to admit it.
You can almost hear the gnashing of the teeth at fishermans bend.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:20 PM   #23
kezzer

What do you expect for 20k-30k?? I spent more then that on my falcon and its been back for warranty issues 5 times now!! And they still can't work out what the coughing/gargling sound is at any speed under 100km/hr in 6th gear. Quite annoying.
FG XR6: pacemaker sterline coated headers, Xr8 snorkel + modified CAI, 100cpsi ballistic cat, 20" rims, lower with shocks, custom catback exhaust, custom spacers, tune soon to come, 1/4mile soon to come.
kezzer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2010, 05:13 PM   #24
glavas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
Your old man is correct. I have spent 4 Winters in Korea where the temp range was a steady neg 15 degrees to neg 5 deg depending on year (loved it) I did 1 Summer there and that was enough! 30 degrees and very humid.

Yeah my dad was in the army over there during the war.he reckons it's a good country very hilly he says..
glavas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2010, 05:23 PM   #25
OZF6
Starter Motor

Daewoo are awesome, don`t hate!

OZF6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2010, 06:24 PM   #26
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezzer
What do you expect for 20k-30k?? I spent more then that on my falcon and its been back for warranty issues 5 times now!! And they still can't work out what the coughing/gargling sound is at any speed under 100km/hr in 6th gear. Quite annoying.
Spot on.

Every Car has its issues. VW Golf GTi's have a universal exhaust rattle. Falcons have driveline shunt (admittedly its soaked up a little with the 6 speed), Commodores have shocking base V6 engines, and BMW M3 E46's have exhaust rattles and some niggling rattle drama's

Our 07' X5 has had issues here and there, as have the F6 and the XR6T. My old Renault never had a problem in 4 years from new, and Mum has a Cruze Petrol, that has been fantastic. Lads and tarts, you wins some you lose some, no matter what the vehicle.

for $20k, it feels great inside, has soft touch materials, Auto down windows with the keyfob (Falcon?), auto lights and wipers (wipers Falcon?), CD/MP3 standard with iPod, trip computer and Climate control.

As someone who spends and who has spent a great deal of time In european vehicles, the cruze is a very impressive car for $20k if not the quickest, or best handling thing on the road, it feels solid, and shouldn't be discounted because it is korean, OR because it is a Holden..

EDIT:- So 9 people whinged about their Cruze. Some people are prone to piszing and moaning about anything and everything thats not 110% perfect. Being a builder I know this ALL too well. I wonder how many niggles these same people would be whinging about should the car have been a commodore or shock horror a base model falcon which near costs $40K these days...
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2010, 09:11 PM   #27
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Yeah my dad was in the army over there during the war.he reckons it's a good country very hilly he says..
It is the only other country I would (or could) ever live in long term. I have been there 5 times in 5 years for work and am contemplating a move there for 6-12 months in the next year or 2 with the wife before we have kids.

Had my brother not been getting married in Jan I would be going there again to teach for the month of Jan with my wife (also a teacher) to escape the Sydney heat.

About 2/3rds is mountainous / hilly terrain. One of the most popular outdoor sports is hiking and a bunch of us fine strapping young 20-something teachers were put to shame on a steep and snowy hike when we were overtaken by a 60-something lady with stocks pretty much jogging past us... up hill.

There is a lot of mis-information about South Korea as well. Most teachers I prep for work there by email / phone prior to their first visit assume it is like Vietnam / Thailand / China where it is all dodgy and unsafe.

Sorry to stray off topic, but it is a country I am very passionate about.

Edit: One problem with South Korea... Ford Forums doesn't work there :( :(
Old 12-12-2010, 12:09 PM   #28
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Some people are prone to piszing and moaning about anything and everything that's not 110% perfect.
While it is fair to expect a car to be put together reasonably well and not break down repeatedly from new - part of the problem is that some people have say $15-$20k to spend and think, I'll buy a cheap new car with a warranty - because warranties are so fantastic and make my car invincible. They don't consider buying a decent low km, 3 year old car that was designed and built better to begin with for the same money. Perhaps a used Honda or Mazda may have been a better pick than a Holwoo. In 10 years the better cars will likely still be going stronger.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2010, 01:22 PM   #29
NAFairlane

As an Employee of a Holden service department i get to drive and service these cars on a daily basis. As said above all cars have teething problems and just general things that go wrong frequently, no car is perfect. (falcon and territory lower ball joints, diff bushes, heater flaps and shafts, HIM modules)
Yes the petrol auto is very gutless and makes a lot of noise without going anywhere, the petrol engine is from the astra but is detuned to allow better fuel economy. However the manual diesel model is a great car to drive. They have a nice modern interior, the exterior looks modern and stylish.
They arent as bad as some people point out, theres just a few bad stories that get taken out of context and exaggerated a fair bit which happens with all cars.
NAFairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2010, 04:25 PM   #30
FalconXV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I suspect its because the GMDAT factory in Korea is the world supply of GM small cars, making several times more than our factories, for example. The more you pump out the harder it is to manage consistency. Also I suspect the average wage is lower, which is also bad for quality.
When the Cruze starts being built here, I expect quality will improve. The European imports were sh*tboxes too.
FalconXV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post