Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 08-08-2005, 08:42 AM   #1
Cairns GT

Default Chasing a price on EL GT

Just wondering if any body has seen an EL Gt for sale recently, I have been waiting for a trade in price on mime for over a week now, and am wondering how much they are going for? Mines Auto Green and got 105,000Ks on the clock. I've got 25Left on the loan and was hoping for atleast that. Any help appreciated.

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 10:12 AM   #2
Eaturbo
BUILT FORD TUFF

Wholesale price is probably around $20000 but if your trading on new car, they should be able to give you your payout or maybe alittle more
Old 08-08-2005, 10:18 AM   #3
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

El GT s are still going from $28 000 to $35 000 depending on condition you see them in Uniqe cars or on carpoint.com.au from time to time

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 11:29 AM   #4
Cairns GT

Thanks for your replies I thought they where around the 28-30 mark. The dealer I am going through tells me that they are hard to sell and is trying to find the right dealer to on sell. If the price is to low I dont really mind keeping it.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:32 AM   #5
Kryton

sell it privately. make the profit yourself instead of giving it to the dealers.
youll have enough to pay the loan out and some left over for other things.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 01:29 PM   #6
b2tf
not here much anymore

Hang onto it, dont drive it, and in a few yrs time you'll have that amount and then some.
Old 08-08-2005, 02:13 PM   #7
FRDXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah whatever you do dont trade in a car like that! You will make 5-10k more selling it privately to a buyer, advertise it in unique cars.
FRDXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 02:59 PM   #8
*rayman*
454 Power

mate, i was in cairns about a month ago, there was an el gt i noticed in a car yard on our way into cairns... can't remember the name of the yard though... maybe slip in there and see what they're asking for that one....

TOY - 68 SS 454 Camaro
*rayman* is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 04:43 PM   #9
Cairns GT

The other GT 4sale in Cairns was a manual with 130,000k's sold for $29,990 with no sun roof, but I could not find out the trade in price (he traded for a holden senator). I considered selling private but I'm in the process of moving down to Mackay and am looking for the easy option. Most likely I will end up keeping it though, but I'm weighing up my options. It's just annoying weighting for the car yard to get back to me.
Old 08-08-2005, 07:48 PM   #10
Paris Hilton
Custom User Title

There's an EL GT in Braddon (Canberra) for $45,000....good luck.
Paris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 08:08 PM   #11
EDXR6T

seriouslly dont trade it in thayll rip u a new one
just hold on to it and sell it ur self ul get the mony back then some
traders just c it as a nother quick buck thay'll give u half price and thay'll make double
EDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 08:40 PM   #12
Eaturbo
BUILT FORD TUFF

Car yards have a bad reputation and in some cases rightly so, but i work at a yard and they never double there money and most of the time only make about 10%. Your GT say they give you $24000 but value your GT at $20000 wholesale, the $4000 is called over allowance and comes out of new car profit. The GT than gets a roadworthy, Detail and usally some general other expenses ie paint bonnet front bumper sometimes things like power steering rack or brake pads,Than the sell it for $28000 but the bloke buying it wants $15000 for his EL XR8 trade but it is only worth $12000 WHOLEsale so they do the deal and there is $3000 over allowance. Lets do the maths , $8000 total margin minus $1000 for detail Roadworthy and general expenses( can be more) less $3000 over allowance less $600 for a Warranty. Total left is $3600. Know take out 10% comission for salesman $360 thats $3240. So the dealer has made $3240 but than you have the salesmans retainer, rent on premises, advertising, electricity, phone, insurances. I have seen the profit figures for car yards and average figures per car are $1000 to 3000 per car. 50 cars per month at $2000 per car $100000 per month, 1.2 million per year not bad Hey, just some of the behind the scenes numbers for you buyers out there. So next time you buy a car or think they are making $10000 per car think again