Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 03-12-2010, 06:20 PM   #1
KW XRT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default KJ 11 laser dash light {door ajar**

Probably sound stupid but the mrs tells me that the laser is running rough which it is so I go and sit in it and it's got a miss every now and then and with misses it is worse in gear {auto** so I throw some plugs at it which worked well for the first drive now it;s back missing also I want to know since the miss has come I have noticed that the door ajar light came on and stayed on.Turned the car off and it went out and came back after restart .It's flicking like alternator hasn't enough charge but reved it and it was still there.Does this warning light indicate anything except the door is ajar.Of course car didn't come with boor.It was built 6/96 and done 171k

XR6 Turbo.Championship winner.
KW XRT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2010, 01:00 PM   #2
KW XRT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just sprayed the leads and cap with silicon spray to see if the leads are tracking but car still has a miss it doesn't stall but close to it.

Also does anyone know where the coil is located or is it inside the dizzy if it's an ic unit I was thinking it may be water logged it's been raining here for days.

cheers in advance

XR6 Turbo.Championship winner.
KW XRT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post