Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 06-02-2011, 04:10 PM   #1
oldfaithful
Starter Motor

Question (SYD) 86 White Ford KC Laser hatch AUTO free for restorer after negotiable bond paid

Hi guys

I am not sure what happened to my earlier post . I KNOW this is not the Ford Laser Forum, but I have had no luck there - I just get guys emailing me wanting a part or probably lying about why they want it, so I am trying again here. (My nick on here is the same as Ford Laser Forums).

The car is not in great nick. It was written off after the front left side skidded off a wet road on a bend, into a roadside crash barrier. So the chassis may be cracked or not roadworthy and goodness knows what else has been damaged. It has accumulated some rust due to being outside in a backyard since 2007 and there are some minor dings and dents on it.

It was in constant use right up to my accident and has served me faithfully for 21 years, with almost no problems! Not sure how many K's it has done, from memory, about 200,000, but will confirm.

Brown trim with Tan vinyl? and fabric seats.

Bought new in 1986 and only had me as the owner/main driver.

Basically, I don't want my car pillaged for parts or salvaged for wrecking. The intention (however unrealistic) is that I will ask for a negotiable bond and pay that to the person on restoration of the vehicle, so I can photograph it. That is all I ask. What could be more reasonable than that?

I haven't got all the Tech Specs, but it hasn't been altered in any way, it hasn't been souped up. From memory, the Auto Transmission was replaced a few years back and some other minor mechanical work (e.g., ball bearings replaced on disc brakes), has been done. I haven't kept an up-to-date log of it.

It is basically just an original 1986 Auto Hatchback, with a Phillips Radio/Cassette player. I dunno, perhaps I am flogging a , but I await any GENUINE AND SINCERE interest.

Am happy to provide some pics if required. I am in North Shore of Sydney and would need to see the car after restoration.

Perhaps you guys can give me other suggestions or tell me whether my idea is a goer or not.

Cheers.

Last edited by oldfaithful; 06-02-2011 at 04:29 PM.
oldfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2011, 05:06 PM   #2
Kryton

Your last post was probably deleted - like this one is going to be.
You cant expect to just sign up here and sell things just so you can put some dollars in your pocket.
For that exact reason, you need to have 25 quality posts and be registered for 3 months before you can use the For sale section.

Ebay is there for you to use - give it a shot.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2011, 05:10 PM   #3
Legit290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

a free car after you pay a negotiable bond...dump the poxbox!
Legit290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2011, 05:17 PM   #4
nstg8a

a written off mid 80s laser? sorry but parts is it all it will be good for.

i would be very surprised if someone wanted to go to the effort of repairing one when theyre not worth a heck of a lot anyway.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2011, 10:01 AM   #5
dirty hands
Over Thinker

redbook valuation says its worth $800 - $1,900 undamaged

some pictures would make it easier to decide if its fixable
Old 09-02-2011, 01:32 PM   #6
oldfaithful
Starter Motor

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
Your last post was probably deleted - like this one is going to be.
You cant expect to just sign up here and sell things just so you can put some dollars in your pocket.
For that exact reason, you need to have 25 quality posts and be registered for 3 months before you can use the For sale section.

Ebay is there for you to use - give it a shot.

davway..thanks..no need for you to be quite so brash...I must admit, I did not read the conditions about having 25 quality posts and 3 months rego...I don't do cars for a hobby, sorry, I have other hobbies that I do, so how the heck am I going to do 25 quality posts, hmmm? So THAT is my bad. Oh I see, "Mechanics-for-dumb-shielas"..sure..right!

Give me a break!!

I am NOT trying to sell anything. I am not trying to line my pocket. Quite the contrary. If you read and really READ my post..the money gets returned to the person I am giving it to after they have restored it! I just don't want it wrecked and I could not think of a better way around this and I only got idiots on the specific forum devoted to Lasers. Geddit? Sheez!
Old 09-02-2011, 01:34 PM   #7
oldfaithful
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
a written off mid 80s laser? sorry but parts is it all it will be good for.

i would be very surprised if someone wanted to go to the effort of repairing one when theyre not worth a heck of a lot anyway.

Yes, I know that they are worth jack and I know they are not the toys for the boys on here...so it was just worth it. I have heard they are considered one of the most reliable old cars in their category.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:36 PM   #8
oldfaithful
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty hands
redbook valuation says its worth $800 - $1,900 undamaged

some pictures would make it easier to decide if its fixable

dirtyhands..will do...just have to get round to doing it..won't be until tomorrow (Thursday 10th Feb) though.
Old 15-02-2011, 09:49 AM   #9
oldfaithful
Starter Motor

Sorry guys..haven't had a chance to take and post some pics yet..but it is on my "To do" list!