Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 25-11-2005, 09:33 PM   #31
Pattomate

Default 1993 Ford Telstar TX5 Ghia FOR SALE!

6 Speaker Stereo, Abs (Antilock Brakes), Adjustable Steering Column, Air Conditioning, Alloy Wheels, Cd Player, Central Locking, Cruise Control, Fog Lamps - Front, Leather Trim, Power Door Mirrors, Power Windows - Front & Rear, Power Steering, Remote Central Locking, Elec. Sunroof PH: 0414595587 QLD.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2005, 05:00 PM   #32
42.57lb
Is tuna chicken or fish?

Both myself and my best mate bought TX5 Ghia around the same time. They had comparble KMs on them too.... about 170,000. I went through:

1 x clutch (ok, it was only half my fault, seriously it was ok until I dropped it too hard too often)
1 x timing belt which I concur is normal for the KMs on the car
1 x radiator top tank, 2 x coolant hoses,
1 x mid muffler
1 x rear muffer

I loved that car, and I really didn't drive like a bell end, when I came to sell it I had over 2k worth of stuff to do to bring it up to RW including 4 bushes for the suspension control arms @ $500+ each. When I asked the mech. why it was so much he just said "oarts for old cars are expensive" maybe it took me for a ride but all the other stuff was expensive too. Also, telstars are one of the most stolen cars on the road. Mine got stolen from outside my house, (damn it, I left the club lock on the floor) but you should bear that in mind.

I'd look at a jap hatch for that much mula, like a corolla or something. They might be granny cars, but that's good cause you can get one with LOW kms on it, and they are cheap to insure and they are bullet proof, or a laser KF etc. they're basically 323's anyways....
42.57lb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2005, 05:20 PM   #33
warbo
Starter Motor

I bought a 93 TX5 in 2002 with 78,000k on it, was a manual. Sold it and got the Focus about a year ago and had 140,000k on it. I had mine service to the book, had all scheduled maintaince done. Good car to drive but drank the petrol like no tomorrow. Anytime anything went wrong with it would cost a fortune to get it fixed. I sold mine for $9000 a year ago this month. Mine was straight and in good nick but just had to keep spending money on it to maintain it. My advice, good cars, but they have had their day.
warbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post