Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 11-02-2015, 10:44 PM   #181
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Default Re: Why is it.................?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
It's a shame that the glass bottle cokes are about 200mL though... the bottles are tiny
You'll be happy to know then that the old school 1 litre glass bottles have just started showing up again in Coles supermarket. I don't know about the other supermarkets though.

Now you can get your glass and a half of sugar the old fashioned way. I couldn't vouch for it's taste though as I don't touch the stuff. If I wanted that much sugar in one go I'd stick my face in a sugar bowl.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2015, 01:35 AM   #182
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That when you ring and talk to an insurance company after getting net quote they ask a different set of questions?
Why is it when I insure my wifes car over the net there is no question asking if two ppl can access the info at a later date. I get the quote, I pay the ins on MY card, and I am listed as the second driver and its my email address but my wife has to ring at a later date and have me added as an authority to access/change any info?
Old 12-02-2015, 01:40 AM   #183
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher View Post
You'll be happy to know then that the old school 1 litre glass bottles have just started showing up again in Coles supermarket. I don't know about the other supermarkets though.

Now you can get your glass and a half of sugar the old fashioned way. I couldn't vouch for it's taste though as I don't touch the stuff. If I wanted that much sugar in one go I'd stick my face in a sugar bowl.
Can't say I've seen any 1ltr ones as yet but the 1.5ltr glass have been in stores for about 6 months. I would hate having these back on the shelves, they are heavy and dangerous. Supermarkets have had a number of special edition Coke bottles over the years, they come and go.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:58 AM   #184
ebv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

why is it.... that someone gets their BA GT back from a full polish, then takes it a shopping centre, parked well away from any other car in the middle of the day, then someone keys the crap out if it
who does this? makes me angry and it wasn't even my car
another reason i don't drive my car unless when i park it i can see it
BA GT Mk1 #0009 - Narooma Blue
SY Ghia AWD
Black VZ LX8 Adventra
Holden HX 50th Anniversary
AU Saloon Car racecar
1980 GS1000ST - Wes Cooley Rep
ebv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2015, 08:16 AM   #185
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesun View Post
Can't say I've seen any 1ltr ones as yet but the 1.5ltr glass have been in stores for about 6 months. I would hate having these back on the shelves, they are heavy and dangerous. Supermarkets have had a number of special edition Coke bottles over the years, they come and go.
Well there ya go, you are probably right as I don't pay that much attention to soft drinks. I don't drink the stuff so I just assumed it was 1L.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Old 20-02-2015, 05:14 PM   #186
brennan.

Why is it a car dealer will say "We're over stocked! massive stock sell-out, over 100 cars must go. We'll even take your trade-ins"

Now, I question this in two ways.
One: massive "stock sell-out"? Well what else would a car dealer do with its stock??

And two: if you're over stocked already, surely trade-ins won't help the situation?

Of course I already know the answer here but that doesn't detract from the illogical marketing. Of course if you are actually looking for a new car these "sales" can be a good deal but it's when the ad's attract buyers who had no intention of buying that it becomes damaging. But sales and marketing vs the consumer is a whole other thread in itself so I'll try and stay on topic from now on.

Cheers.
This user likes this post:
Old 21-02-2015, 08:33 AM   #187
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Why is it............... that the media , be it print, online or Television go beserk over the near mention of the word "Cyclone" .
Old 21-02-2015, 09:01 AM   #188
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
Why is it............... that the media , be it print, online or Television go beserk over the near mention of the word "Cyclone" .
Especially if their name's Koch on a breakfast show.
Old 21-02-2015, 09:24 AM   #189
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Hey, Carl was out in it as well yesterday so they're both as bad as each other..... except Carl is more annoying.....almost as much as Andrew O'keefe.

MINE- AUII Forte

Old 21-02-2015, 01:00 PM   #190
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Why is it that so many (so called) journalists can get so much information wrong on any given subject and nobody seems to be able to fact check any more before the said information is released to the public.

For any journalists reading this right now try and remember FACT CHECK = CREDIBILITY.

This is from the Clipsal500.com.au web site ..

Variety - the Children’s Charity, to benefit from 2015 Clipsal 500 Adelaide partnership

Variety - the Children's Charity has been announced as the Official Charity partner for the 2015 Clipsal 500 Adelaide event.

Thousands of sick, disadvantaged, and special needs children across South Australia will benefit from vital funding thanks to a new partnership between Variety - the Children’s Charity, and the iconic Clipsal 500 Adelaide.

Ford V8 Supercars driver and current championship leader, Mark Winterbottom took time out of his upcoming race preparations to meet with kids, staff and volunteers from Variety at their South Australian based headquarters.

How is that possible when the season hasn't started yet..... numpty

MINE- AUII Forte

Old 21-02-2015, 01:30 PM   #191
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

Quote:
Why is it that so many (so called) journalists can get so much information wrong on any given subject and nobody seems to be able to fact check any more before the said information is released to the public.

For any journalists reading this right now try and remember FACT CHECK = CREDIBILITY.

This is from the Clipsal500.com.au web site ..

Variety - the Children’s Charity, to benefit from 2015 Clipsal 500 Adelaide partnership

Variety - the Children's Charity has been announced as the Official Charity partner for the 2015 Clipsal 500 Adelaide event.

Thousands of sick, disadvantaged, and special needs children across South Australia will benefit from vital funding thanks to a new partnership between Variety - the Children’s Charity, and the iconic Clipsal 500 Adelaide.

Ford V8 Supercars driver and current championship leader, Mark Winterbottom took time out of his upcoming race preparations to meet with kids, staff and volunteers from Variety at their South Australian based headquarters.

How is that possible when the season hasn't started yet..... numpty
Finally a journalist that puts Ford first.
XBROO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2015, 03:57 PM   #192
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

Why is it that when my daughters reached 15-16 years old they stopped calling me "Daddy" - now I just get "Dad"?

"Daddy" was so much cuter coming from my baby girls. I don't have sons.

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-02-2015, 06:33 PM   #193
xrystl

Quote:
Originally Posted by supershifty View Post
Why is it that when my daughters reached 15-16 years old they stopped calling me "Daddy" - now I just get "Dad"?

Cheers!
Give it a few years and it's POP and then add another fifteen or so years and it's POPPY or GRANPOP , and then when you become a Great Grand pop DAD seems so cute and sooooooooooo long ago
xrystl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2015, 06:42 PM   #194
buggerlugs
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by supershifty View Post

Cheers!
Give it a couple more years and you'll be thankfull if they call you "Dad".........Yours obviously haven't got to the snappy snarly age yet...........
Old 21-02-2015, 07:49 PM   #195
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Mine's starting to do that already and she's only 10....going on 18.

I'm dreading what she's going to be like at 15.

MINE- AUII Forte

Old 21-02-2015, 08:40 PM   #196
buggerlugs
Donating Member1

Quote:
Mine's starting to do that already and she's only 10....going on 18.

I'm dreading what she's going to be like at 15.
That's why they invented beer...............
2 users like this post:
Old 21-02-2015, 09:06 PM   #197
damo76
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I'd be happy to buy glass litre bottle coke even though i don't drink much of it, it's just that things taste better in glass.
Also like the old milk bottles that used to get delivered to the door and when you open it you have to spoon out the big dolop of cream. Milk in bottles and cartons also taste better for some reason.
damo76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2015, 09:58 PM   #198
hawkgirl
Aluminum Falcon pilot
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo76 View Post
Also like the old milk bottles that used to get delivered to the door and when you open it you have to spoon out the big dolop of cream.
Wollies (deliberate misspelling) sell a 2 litre Unpastuerised milk - Farmers Own -yes! has the big clump of cream & tastes sooo much better than anything else there

The Fleet
2002 Kawasaki ZZR600 - Silver - Felix
1975 Fairlane ZG - Apollo Blue - Oberon
1999 Falcon AU Ute - Liquid Silver - The Aluminum Falcon - the Preciousss
2000 AUII Fairlane Ghia (vct)- Burgundy - Five / RedCar - round town clown
hawkgirl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 23-02-2015, 10:02 AM   #199
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That we cry and scream when a whale gets harpooned but eat Tuna by the truck-load?

Or 'some' people wont eat a steak because it's 'cruel', but will have milk in their Latte even though Dairy Cattle go through much more pain and suffering?

Or people that are against 'animal testing' will turn a blind eye on medication they pop like skittles?

And why are people shocked when a surfer dressed as a seal gets taken by a Great White?
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2015, 11:05 AM   #200
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

Why is it.............. That the last piece of food on a tray or serving dish is treated like a hand grenade?

The last piece conundrum!!!!

You're at a dinner party, a gathering whether formal or casual and your gracious host has passed around plates of food. There is a plate on the table. On that plate is the last piece of food. You know its delicious. You are salivating. Other guests are salivating. The host is imploring someone have it. No-one dares take that last piece.

But when you do you get the stink eye from your wife........ and a lecture on the way home!!

What is the ettiquitte that requires the last morsel to be treated as if its infested with e-coli??

Why is that...........

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 23-02-2015, 09:19 PM   #201
damo76
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearman View Post
Why is it.............. That the last piece of food on a tray or serving dish is treated like a hand grenade?

You're at a dinner party, a gathering whether formal or casual and your gracious host has passed around plates of food. There is a plate on the table. On that plate is the last piece of food. You know its delicious. You are salivating. Other guests are salivating. The host is imploring someone have it. No-one dares take that last piece.

But when you do you get the stink eye from your wife........ and a lecture on the way home!!

What is the ettiquitte that requires the last morsel to be treated as if its infested with e-coli??

Why is that...........
There's no left overs where i go, i don't care who's watching
damo76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 24-02-2015, 09:34 AM   #202
hawkgirl
Aluminum Falcon pilot
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
That we cry and scream when a whale gets harpooned but eat Tuna by the truck-load?

Or 'some' people wont eat a steak because it's 'cruel', but will have milk in their Latte even though Dairy Cattle go through much more pain and suffering?

Or people that are against 'animal testing' will turn a blind eye on medication they pop like skittles?

And why are people shocked when a surfer dressed as a seal gets taken by a Great White?

why is it that animal rights / vegans can castigate, harass, physically attack & intimidate "cruel" meat eaters/hunters/anyone not in their cult, but the fact that more animals are harmed from the clearing of brazilian rainforest to plant the soy that these foul pseudo-people eat is not an issue to them?

The Fleet
2002 Kawasaki ZZR600 - Silver - Felix
1975 Fairlane ZG - Apollo Blue - Oberon
1999 Falcon AU Ute - Liquid Silver - The Aluminum Falcon - the Preciousss
2000 AUII Fairlane Ghia (vct)- Burgundy - Five / RedCar - round town clown
hawkgirl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 24-02-2015, 06:55 PM   #203
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post

I love driving through dairy farms and pointing out to my 10yo daughter the pens of calves without their mother.
Havent had the heart to explain to her that these little beings are a "by product" of milk production.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 24-02-2015, 06:57 PM   #204
xtremerus
FG XR6T trayback

Quote:

Why is that...........
Old Chinese custom.
The host may be feel bad that he has not provided enough food, if everything is cleaned up, and you may belittle him.
He may be very poor, and provides the best he can for his guest.
The Chinese leave a small portion on the plate as a sign that he provided enough for the hosts means, and that he has had his fill, and honour his hospitality.

Even if he is still hungry
xtremerus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 24-02-2015, 07:20 PM   #205
Marquis
HUGE MEMBER

Why is it that some people put WANTED in the title of an add of, something that they have For Sale

My cruiser. 1979 Zh Marquis. "T" code 351.
My garage queen :(. 1980 TF Cortina Ghia Wagon. 4.1.
My dog. 2011 Sierra
My Daily. 2012 ZH (lol) OUTLANDER xls. 4WD CVT. Sapphire blue

Wanted
Borg Warner Lsd or centre. 25 spline
Marquis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2015, 08:09 PM   #206
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremerus View Post
Old Chinese custom.
The host may be feel bad that he has not provided enough food, if everything is cleaned up, and you may belittle him.
He may be very poor, and provides the best he can for his guest.
The Chinese leave a small portion on the plate as a sign that he provided enough for the hosts means, and that he has had his fill, and honour his hospitality.

Even if he is still hungry
Well there you go!! Learn something every day. Thanks for that.

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2015, 09:10 PM   #207
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Well there you go!! Learn something every day. Thanks for that.
Don't you dishonour your poor host by NOT eating all of the food they have worked so hard to provide?
Oh, and a hearty belch post food is my cultures way of communicating satisfaction....

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 24-02-2015, 11:42 PM   #208
1970XW351
Angry Dub Driver

Why is it that my Mother at the tender young age of 72 (god bless her cotton socks) Must insist on doing her own mechanical upkeep of the xf s-pac which I bestowed upon her... Her: "hmm there is a definite and unpleasant shudder in the front end"... Goes out and buys new wheel bearings and proceeds to shoehorn them in with a screwdriver, a block of wood and pure grit. Only to find out several days and 100 odd km later that it is even worse than before... So when I finally become aware of the situation I go and visit to see what I can do.

I arrive on Saturday to find said vehicle elevated on a standard issue scissor jack, rotor off, and spindle gleaming in the sun and agreed to return to her after work this week some time to rectify the situation (she couldn't knock the large bearing cup out with her screwdriver and wood block, so left the old one in and just used the new bearing). I eventually drift it out with a punch and meaty ballpein hammer. Get the new components in and functional (thankfully she purchased genuine Japanese bearings to replace the shonky Chinese crap that was in there originally)... Only to be told "The other side is worse than that... I put new ones in and a few days later I checked and it was really loose"... Ooooohhh SH%$&, here we go, thinks I

I jack up the driver's side and as the wheel comes off the ground it sags listlessly inwards... Me "Oh my, that's not entirely correct"**
So I pull the brake caliper, bearing tightening nut et al, and..... the rotor won't come off... It wiggles violently, but will not come off... After much beating and kicking and screaming and "convincing" it does come off. But the spindle is somewhat quite horribly scuffed and ruined where the bearings run, and the backstop where the rear, larger bearing sits is chewed horribly about 1.5mm deep. So I clean all the grease and horrible, jagged, pointy shards of metal out and have a gander... "AHA, EUREKA!!!!!"

My dear Mother has put the rear bearing in back to front... bearing in first with the cup drifted in over the top, therefore as she tightened the nut all she achieved was to mangle the bearing race into the land on the rotor and as she drove it could do naught but chew the rotor to pieces... YAY, says I. So the rotor (at almost maximum thickness) and possibly the spindle are fair shagged. And the best bit? It was the Idler and possibly the pitman arm that are causing any play in the system... So maybe a $30 or $60 job has turned into possibly a couple hunj $$ fiasco just because she didn't want to bother anyone... YESUS!!!...

The upside to this is that I am a machinist/fitter und turner, so I can bore the rotor and make up a new shoulder for the bearing cup to sit on and press it in for free, thus negating the new rotor cost, however, I have to buy a new bearing set and will have to linish the spindle down so some form of normality and hope that it is somewhere near tolerance. Then, once that is all done... still be no closer to resolution until I fit the new pitman and idler arms....

Uggh, Parents, Why is it..................?

**paraphrased, real utterance may.... Nay, WILL offend
1970XW351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2015, 08:01 AM   #209
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

I'm impressed that your ageing mother is game enough to have a go, and even more so that she got the job done, all be it wrong. Give her a laptop and a crash coarse in researching the internet for instructions on how to do any given job and she'd be good to go. Sign her up on AFF so she can ask for advice before she tackles the next job.

MINE- AUII Forte

3 users like this post:
Old 25-02-2015, 08:10 AM   #210
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Why is it you start to nod off in front of the TV and can't keep your eyes open, no matter how interested you are in what you're trying to watch, yet the minute you lay down in bed you're wide awake and toss and turn for an hour?

MINE- AUII Forte

4 users like this post: