Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 19-11-2015, 03:29 PM   #301
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Well , feeling pretty good at the moment except for the pain , been on a bit of a mid life crisis sort of a health kick as i was sick of being old and decrepit and feeling poorly all the time,
for 2 months now i have been walking about 4 k`s a day on average on occasion 6 k`s, and recently riding a bike , well im not walking so much now because i injured my foot , note to self , if your heavy ....... do not walk for long distances without good footwear, been diagnosed with Plantar Fasciitis,
my under standing of it is ...... the muscle fleshy stuff gets damaged around the heel bone , but dont quote me on that explanation , anyway its a pain.
According to my recent gp visit i have lost 12 kilos (26 pounds sounds better ) , have not had one single glass of loli water, cut my sugar use down by .... i dont know , a bloody lot ,
hitting the salads, , and doing an average of about 12 to 15 k`s a day on the bike, on one occasion did a bit over 20 k`s , wont do that again till i get the god damned bike seat sorted , thinking about doing some swimming a couple of times a week , going to take the bull by the horns so to speak.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2015, 09:51 PM   #302
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Angry Re: What made you feel good today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
Well , feeling pretty good at the moment except for the pain , been on a bit of a mid life crisis sort of a health kick as i was sick of being old and decrepit and feeling poorly all the time,
for 2 months now i have been walking about 4 k`s a day on average on occasion 6 k`s, and recently riding a bike , well im not walking so much now because i injured my foot , note to self , if your heavy ....... do not walk for long distances without good footwear, been diagnosed with Plantar Fasciitis,
my under standing of it is ...... the muscle fleshy stuff gets damaged around the heel bone , but dont quote me on that explanation , anyway its a pain
I had that and your'e right, bloody painful, it turned up out of the blue, lasted for eighteen months and then disappeared as quickly as it came...six months later I got it in the other foot

Try filling a 1.25L plastic Coke bottle with water and then freezing it, when your'e sitting in front of the TV relaxing just roll the affected sole backwards and forwards over the bottle on the ground, it really helps relieve the pain. Also get some really good arch supports for inside your shoes/boots, these also make a big difference. Proper strapping with sports tape is amazing but a pain in the **** to keep it up.

Eventually one day you'll go "hey, what happened to my Plantar Facsiitis".
Old 19-11-2015, 10:02 PM   #303
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTF6 View Post
I had that and your'e right, bloody painful, it turned up out of the blue, lasted for eighteen months and then disappeared as quickly as it came...six months later I got it in the other foot

Try filling a 1.25L plastic Coke bottle with water and then freezing it, when your'e sitting in front of the TV relaxing just roll the affected sole backwards and forwards over the bottle on the ground, it really helps relieve the pain. Also get some really good arch supports for inside your shoes/boots, these also make a big difference. Proper strapping with sports tape is amazing but a pain in the **** to keep it up.

Eventually one day you'll go "hey, what happened to my Plantar Facsiitis".
thanks mate i will give that a shot , i think it was my own fault , i was rolling along not too bad with the walking , then one day i couldnt get away from the house , so i did a couple of fast k`s on the tread mill in bare feet, and that seemed to start it off, it seems to be painful first thing in the morning then it eases of a bit and when i get active again its limp time, ahh well **** happens , thanks for the tip .
Old 19-11-2015, 11:08 PM   #304
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
my under standing of it is ...... the muscle fleshy stuff gets damaged around the heel bone , but dont quote me on that explanation , anyway its a pain.
According to my recent gp visit i have lost 12 kilos (26 pounds sounds better ) , have not had one single glass of loli water, cut my sugar use down by .... i dont know , a bloody lot ,
hitting the salads, , and doing an average of about 12 to 15 k`s a day on the bike, on one occasion did a bit over 20 k`s , wont do that again till i get the god damned bike seat sorted , thinking about doing some swimming a couple of times a week , going to take the bull by the horns so to speak.

Well done mate, you probably feel brand new. Ive just done the same thing, counted all the sugar I drink in a week and cut most of it out, the paunch has started to flatten out! Amazing

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 20-11-2015, 12:37 AM   #305
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzvtil View Post
Well done mate, you probably feel brand new. Ive just done the same thing, counted all the sugar I drink in a week and cut most of it out, the paunch has started to flatten out! Amazing
Well done and thanks mate, indeed im feeling a lot better.
the job of trimming down becomes a lot easier if we behave ourselves with the evil food and drink for sure, many years of bad habits are tuff to change, i used to drink coke like it was going out of style.
On occasions i have a pub meal , most of the time ive been a good boy and had chicken salads or soup , in days past i would get a craving for some junk food and eat one of those big packets of potato chips on my own or whatever else i could get my hands on ...... oh i miss those days , but no more ,
now if i feel like a snack a raw carrot or a bit of celery curtails the hunger ,tomato juice or a glass of watered down OJ is also not bad.
On the days i do weaken and have a big meal , i do a few extra k`s on the bike to try and make up for it. doing some sit ups every night as well, almost instantly you can feel the old gut starting to tighten up, its a good feeling. keep at it mate.
This user likes this post:
Old 21-11-2015, 05:34 PM   #306
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

another 15 k`s on the bike today , if i can swing it i might have another go tonight .
4 users like this post:
Old 23-11-2015, 11:41 PM   #307
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good onya mik.
Having done gymnastics when I was young, as well as doing my lifesaver duties, and racing cars, I've always been conscious of keeping fit. But aging is relentless and the x-ray of my aching left knee has revealed severe osteoporosis. So I might have to go down the path of Red Cadeaux and be put down. LOL
But I feel good today cos I finished fitting new lights in the kitchen and bathroom of my unit and ripped up the carpets in the bedrooms as I get ready for new carpets Friday.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 23-11-2015, 11:49 PM   #308
Batmobile
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking Re: What made you feel good today?

Broke 7mins for 2k on the rower
Batmobile is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 25-11-2015, 03:58 PM   #309
XG_Falcon

I was recently made redundant - I am still struggling to come to terms with it... it sucks.
I woke up feeling sorry for myself but decided to man up, stop sulking and spend a few hours in the gym anyway...

Turns out, I haven't got a care in the world
XG_Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 25-11-2015, 04:31 PM   #310
Carrion

BEER
Carrion is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2015, 04:40 PM   #311
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Leaving for Bali in 3 hrs, ill feel good when I get there.........

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 25-11-2015, 05:37 PM   #312
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Lot's of things
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-11-2015, 07:59 PM   #313
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

that I got to go home earlier today that yesterday

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!

Last edited by wodahs; 08-07-2018 at 11:13 AM.
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2015, 08:06 PM   #314
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

The woman in front of me had sausages/bread/ soap/ teabags/ chockie biscuits/ reduced price lamb chops and apples...

I have seen this before myself PERSONALLY so i pulled her out of line quietly and we went shopping together

That made me feel pretty good and as i don't drink anymore it didn't cost me a thing
3 users like this post:
Old 02-12-2015, 11:47 PM   #315
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The fact that my Land has FINALLY settled this afternoon.. Its been a hell of a time to get here..

Land was meant to Settle in September but apparently there where hold ups.. Not to mention last week when settlement was supposed to happen my Bank (ANZ) advised that they needed the loan docs signed again... After telling My mortgage broker that everything was fine... Pushed it back a week..

Still makes me feel bloody good that My wife and I now own our own piece of Australia...
Slab is planned to go down before they break for Xmas (21 December) for the build to begin proper the week they are back (11/1)...

Yay...

Hers: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
Hers on Order: MY24 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
His Daily: 2023 Hyundai Tuscon Elite N-Line in Crimson Red
Big_Daz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-12-2015, 11:57 PM   #316
Road Games

This made me feel pretty good...

5 users like this post:
Old 11-12-2015, 04:36 PM   #317
superyob
Banned

Last day of school today. Holidays that stretch over the horizon...
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2015, 06:24 PM   #318
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thursday I go to the hospital as usual for Physio and Occupational Therapy and the receptionist is having a really bad day - no paper work for patients - aircon on the blink - you get the idea.

So, after the workout I go back to sign out via a florist - pick up a single Rose and head back. I ask her when was the last time she was given flowers - she replies "never" - so I give her the Rose. She thanks me with tears in her eyes and says a beautiful flower from a handsome man (I ain't handsome - trust me) but she does like a man with a beard.

So, I made somebody else's day.

Cheers Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2015, 06:26 PM   #319
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
Thursday I go to the hospital as usual for Physio and Occupational Therapy and the receptionist is having a really bad day - no paper work for patients - aircon on the blink - you get the idea.

So, after the workout I go back to sign out via a florist - pick up a single Rose and head back. I ask her when was the last time she was given flowers - she replies "never" - so I give her the Rose. She thanks me with tears in her eyes and says a beautiful flower from a handsome man (I ain't handsome - trust me) but she does like a man with a beard.

So, I made somebody else's day.

Cheers Vincenzo
We shall remember this for the LNSO...it's the 2nd Hospital employee that you've tried to chat up !
Old 12-12-2015, 05:21 AM   #320
Road Games

Two new jobs in one day ...

Now it's gonna be a Merry Christmas
Old 13-12-2015, 05:29 PM   #321
snopony

Washed & polished my XB and my sister's XW and had a breather with a couple of matching superdooper iceblocks.

snopony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2015, 05:58 PM   #322
Road Games

How cool is that

*boom tish*
Old 13-12-2015, 07:33 PM   #323
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Washing the XR6T and finally organizing my shed so i can use my shed theater system lol!
Old 13-12-2015, 07:54 PM   #324
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Personal best longest bike ride today. Was a great challenge and was even greater to wash down a beer afterwards !

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2015, 08:16 PM   #325
mechanic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Going into the pool on a hot humid day here in Cairns, also Conor McGregor winning his bout with Jose Aldo, been waiting so long for this and it was all over in 13 seconds.
mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2015, 06:26 PM   #326
Road Games

First day on the job and they were already talking about me on the radio

http://snapwidget.com/v/1139607679647463752
Old 14-12-2015, 06:47 PM   #327
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Hand picking, loading, driving and unloading 9T of Granite (3 loads) in 37deg heat.

Didn't make me feel good at the time though.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 16-12-2015, 11:35 AM   #328
Vekgib

Just got my ute back from the panel beaters

No more using a '99 Camry from work

Stuff this,I'm going to play a few shots & see what happens.
Vekgib is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2015, 11:40 AM   #329
wicksy
Just a bogan VF SS driver

Gym, then Brisvegas tonight
Old 16-12-2015, 11:42 AM   #330
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Picked up Christmas present for the missus, for $280 on special down from $399, more money to spend on the car...

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: