Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 19-11-2019, 07:16 PM   #1351
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Fours of detailing!

Just myself, a podcast in my ears and my cars.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 19-11-2019, 10:09 PM   #1352
.:4:.
Kicking back

I mean i love taking my little bloke out. Tuesdays is our night out. So he was on my back about having to eat healfy, eat vegables. Yes thats how he says it. So we went to the bowlo and he was adiment to order what my mum does. The portobello burger. Not for me. That 'burger' is vegitarian and gluten free. Heaps healthy i guess. But it has no bun. The buns are big portobello mushrooms instead. The contents is avocado, egg plant, we deleted the tomato as my kid is allergic, a slab of haloumi cheese, a slab of pumpkin and its got pesto mayo. Yeah my mum loves it, but whilst my kid ate it, he was not impressed. Watching my boy struggle through the healfy option he was so adimant about and trying to get me on board.... yeah he finished it, but i let him have half my chicken burger to try get rid of pretty much all the tastes kids hate. For a kid i think possibly the only worst taste to add to the mushroom burger would be olives. But my kid likes olives strangely. So it yeah, i saw it coming before it happened, but hey, my kid learnt for next time, just share a pizza or get the roast of the day.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2019, 10:20 PM   #1353
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys View Post
I bought one of my aunties a car...

I didn't realise she had lost her independence and I wasn't going another day without fixing it for her.

Her family turned her back on her as they did to me also many years ago

Long story short, she now refers to me as her son.

This was the final step in sharing my new found blessings with someone I love and respect that others have walked away from.

One day I might explain further on here but for now I feel pretty blessed to have loved ones in my life again...

I'm not alone anymore

My wife reckons I have finally grown up and I should be proud

LOL let's see...
That’s awesome.

Along those lines, 18 months ago I bought a new barina for my daughters grandma (my ex MIL). She is a top chick who saved us thousands in childcare when my daughter was younger, she was driving a 10yo car.
The deal was I get the loan and take responsibility and she contributes to the payments as she can.
Well today I paid off the remaining 6k and will let her know on Christmas Day, I think she will loose her s@#t 😀😀😀😀

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 19-11-2019, 10:54 PM   #1354
Kicking back

I just got a message from my kids mum. Not about his ill decision towards healthy pub food. But during the week i got gifted a 2L water jug. Branded neverfail, and a smaller version of the jugs you put on an office water cooler. Neverfail being a water company. As its too big to put in a cupholder, its no good to me. So i gave it to my kid, he goes through a fair bit of water at school, so freeze the big unit, saves him filling his smaller bottle up from the bubbler and it should stay colder for longer. So my kids mum for once wasnt angry my kid being happy about something. I mean, yeah corporate branding and all that jazz, but i find it funny. Im still copping it about my kids excitement over a good slotcar.
2 users like this post:
Old 20-11-2019, 06:43 PM   #1355
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Feels good to finish another stone job this morning.

This will be the be the main walk in entrance to Beechworth Spa (part of the old 1890's Mayday Hill Asylum)
All the granite was from the original 130 year old footings and ruin walls.
larger step blocks weight in at around 300kg hand dressed to slot into the step thread below with each pier stone recut to match the main buildings random block foundation walls.
Brickwork (not mine) will be rendered to match building features.

Granite stockpile

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2019, 07:26 PM   #1356
Kicking back

Well, it sucks sort of that work got rid of my ute today, but that means my new car is coming. But in the mean time im in a rental hi ace. I love those vans. Its not the new model but last model, havent driven one in a while. Theyre the polar opposite of the express i had. Theyre quiet and comfy, and have airbags, abs and traction control. And this ones an auto.
3 users like this post:
Old 21-11-2019, 07:58 AM   #1357
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Well, it sucks sort of that work got rid of my ute today, but that means my new car is coming. But in the mean time im in a rental hi ace. I love those vans. Its not the new model but last model, havent driven one in a while. Theyre the polar opposite of the express i had. Theyre quiet and comfy, and have airbags, abs and traction control. And this ones an auto.
Don't get too comfy.

They might get you another Express van
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2019, 07:59 AM   #1358
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post

This will be the be the main walk in entrance to Beechworth Spa (part of the old 1890's Mayday Hill Asylum)
All the granite was from the original 130 year old footings and ruin walls.
larger step blocks weight in at around 300kg hand dressed to slot into the step thread below with each pier stone recut to match the main buildings random block foundation walls.
Brickwork (not mine) will be rendered to match building features.

Granite stockpile

Nice work,

That Granite stockpile would be worth a bit of coin surely.
Old 21-11-2019, 08:07 AM   #1359
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k View Post
Nice work,

That Granite stockpile would be worth a bit of coin surely.
Thanks,
Certainly is, I'm the adopted custodian for future use here,
Heritage Victoria will not allow it to leave the site.

Hey, don't dis the Mitsy Express, I had a groovy little express hippy van. 4 speed on the tree, Couldn't kill it.

Old 21-11-2019, 08:09 AM   #1360
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
You have made a pig’s ear of that roKWiz, that third step is a good 3mm higher than the others!

Amazing work mate, I have dabbled in enough natural stone work to know you are a magician!
Old 21-11-2019, 08:12 AM   #1361
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Nice Panno in the background as well .... just spotted it ... hee hee.

How long did it take to do that sort of work ... especially jigsaw puzzling the pieces in?
Old 21-11-2019, 08:22 AM   #1362
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Don't tell Indigo Shire mate, they'll make me relay it.

2 users like this post:
Old 21-11-2019, 08:36 AM   #1363
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Nice Panno in the background as well .... just spotted it ... hee hee.

How long did it take to do that sort of work ... especially jigsaw puzzling the pieces in?
Each pier is only 1 1/2 days, steps took longer due to them being out back on pallets and myself needing to drag them around one at a time with the truck. Couldn't leave anything on display out front as Beechworth has a few bushrangers and convicts still around.

In straight walling I will usually cut and lay 2sqm per day in Granite and 3sqm per day in Sandstone.

XF Panno still works hard.

5 users like this post:
Old 21-11-2019, 08:50 AM   #1364
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Day off today. A walk around Chiltern then brekky at Rutherglen.

3 users like this post:
Old 21-11-2019, 05:27 PM   #1365
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Day one back at work woooo !

My room this swing is on an exercise trail... yay.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 21-11-2019, 06:09 PM   #1366
Kicking back

Quote:
Don't get too comfy.

They might get you another Express van
Nah, its deffinately going to be a diesil ute.
2 users like this post:
Old 21-11-2019, 06:13 PM   #1367
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

being first cab off the rank for arvo school pick up= winning.

(only holds 5 cars, and most of the SUV soccer mums are there 15mins early)
4 users like this post:
Old 21-11-2019, 08:10 PM   #1368
Kicking back

Putting some kays on the rental van. The last van i had was practical as a van but a raging peice as a car. The rental, it drives nice and has brakes. I loaded up my tools and ladders and stuff today and its still quiet and rides really well. I dont want to give it back. My prior ranger was really nice as a car, and a little towing machine. You deffinately couldn't tow as effortlessly the stuff id frequent with the ranger with the 2.7L hi ace, and the as a car thing the ranger was nicer. But with only 1 sliding window up front on the passengers side on the crappy canopy the ute had, it was a punish to work out of. Also my boss sided with me today and reckons an enclosed service body on the back of the new ute is a better idea over a body where the centre is open. The plans for the new ute sound like it will be pretty decked out. I just hope it has underboxes and a roll out rear drawer. Its deffinately going to have roof racks and a hd tow package.

Last edited by .:4:.; 21-11-2019 at 08:16 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 21-11-2019, 09:01 PM   #1369
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mont5.0 View Post

and did you park as badly as they do?
Old 22-11-2019, 08:00 AM   #1370
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mont5.0 View Post

I know what that's like ... sometimes its 30 minutes some days.
Craziness.
2 users like this post:
Old 22-11-2019, 09:21 AM   #1371
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Where I live in one large block they have
junior primary school
primary school
high school
catholic primary & high schools

they all get out within 15 minutes of each other, if Iam bored I go and watch the circus, as all the yuppy mummies try and fight for position. If I am angry I also get into line and switch the horns in my ute to 24V truck horns and let loose.

but 20 minutes and its all quite again in town
Old 22-11-2019, 10:51 PM   #1372
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think this week has been the most busy week without being productive because I haven't been able to code anything at all! So win and lose at the same time

In and of itself for me that is weird but I had a remote plane crash into my backyard while I was working.

I thought my evap went mental and here is me trying to figure out how the **** I turn this off.

I was working from home today. I have an oval across the road so common sense says there is a good chance they were flying it there and if I go out the front there is some poor ******** looking for his plane and yep they were.

So I give him back his busted plane. Then I go shopping for groceries and as I pull up they have just left me a thank you note
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 23-11-2019, 03:12 PM   #1373
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Took the big silver bird up for a drink of 98 this morning and had the UHF on and was listening to a bloke and his mate referring to a bike rider (push bike that is) that he clipped (no injuries) yesterday after the rider cut him off. I gather by listening to the colourful conversation he suggested to a cop attending that bike riders should be licenced and insured to ride on the public roads but the cop said no because a bike doesn't have a motor and only two wheels and doesn't qualify for registration .

Here's the reason I feel good today apart from nobody was injured is the bloke talking on the UHF said to the cop .."I have to register my bloody trailer and that has two wheels and no effing motor does it ? ...

Got to love pure Aussie logic .
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 23-11-2019, 11:41 PM   #1374
Kicking back

Did a little prep on my slotcar. The track wasnt great and it wasnt the best lane. Still did a personal best of 8.3 in my car, down from an 8.5 in a good lane when the track was cleaner. Still no 7 on that track. Ive done alright removing the front end grip. I think for its class the rest is up to me. Im not entirely happy with how the rear end hooks up, i mean, it still cuts solid laps, but, sideways isnt the best way to maintain momentum out of a corner. Exit speed is king. Its the key to a fast lap. Still, an 8.3, cant complain
Old 24-11-2019, 07:55 AM   #1375
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Did a little prep on my slotcar. The track wasnt great and it wasnt the best lane. Still did a personal best of 8.3 in my car, down from an 8.5 in a good lane when the track was cleaner. Still no 7 on that track. Ive done alright removing the front end grip. I think for its class the rest is up to me. Im not entirely happy with how the rear end hooks up, i mean, it still cuts solid laps, but, sideways isnt the best way to maintain momentum out of a corner. Exit speed is king. Its the key to a fast lap. Still, an 8.3, cant complain
Not joking ...sounds a lot like race set up tweaking for a 1:1 race car..That's cool.
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2019, 02:16 PM   #1376
roKWiz
Cabover nut

A dawn drive down the empty superslab to Wangaratta for the swap meet.

Only other car on the road was a Silver AU Falcon.

Didn't find much stuff I was after but truck and car show is usually good.

ACCO VT903

5 users like this post:
Old 24-11-2019, 02:18 PM   #1377
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
Not joking ...sounds a lot like race set up tweaking for a 1:1 race car..That's cool.
Its just like pretty much most things. Easy to do, just a bit harder to do well. I can drive a car perfectly fine on the road like most people, id have no chance on a race track being fast. So 8.3 im pretty happy with on that track. My aim is 7.7. Reason for 7.7 is thats a pretty average lap for the guys who race the same chassis and spec car i have. And ive let some of the race guy's use my car and give opinions as to set up. So straight line my car has it. Corner entry speed is good, mid corner its fast and the car is where its at, exit speed is good, but it just doesnt have the grip entering the straights that i want. It spins the tyres a bit more then ideal. Thats the main noticable difference between my car and using a preped car, same spec, that is raced competitively. The race guy's will happily give opinions and are helpful, but they dont share their secrets. So lateral grip on the rear i have. The front is good, no grip, people are more then happy to say i dont have straight line grip, but how i acheive that, ive got to work that out myself, no one will tell me how.
Old 24-11-2019, 11:53 PM   #1378
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Couple of slacker days coming up, the calm before the (scope creep induced) storm. The job started with a leaking shower (all fixed) and has snowballed...
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-11-2019, 08:26 AM   #1379
roKWiz
Cabover nut

It always starts with

Building wise... a leaky shower
Vehicle wise... a leaky radiator
Human wise... well you know where this is going.

4 users like this post:
Old 25-11-2019, 08:48 AM   #1380
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Spot on.

“While you’re here…”
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post