Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > Eurofordclub.com > EuroFordClub.com

EuroFordClub.com European Ford Owners Club of Australia forum

Old 10-04-2006, 02:37 PM   #1
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Default Best Racing-Oran Park-May 2006

Howdy Eurofordclub Members,

Last year at this Round of the then AMRS (now the PCAA are running with the CAMS National Racing Series) Timmeh, Whippet-Zetec, Abraxas and myself went out to support Darren Best and his ST170. Although, the car didn't make it there, Darren and Treena were there and we all had a good weekend.

This year's Round is coming up on SAT/SUN 6/7th of May at Oran Park.
I'll be there and any EUROFORDCLUB Members wishing to come along are welcome.

Final details of a meeting place/time will be posted closer to the weekend.
So come on out.

BTW Darren ran his ST170 in Round 2 of the Championship at Symmons Plains last weekend and added more silverware to the trophy cabinet with some very encouraging results.

Fast Eddie.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 02:04 AM   #2
bestracing

Default Best Racing Rd 2 Results

Hi All,

We would love you all to come to Oran Park, come and have a chat to the team, check out the car and watch some great racing ( trucks & V8 brutes will be there too!).

Symmons Plains was a very exciting track, we managed to take out class wins in all three races. Race 1 finished - 10th outright, Race 2 finished 3rd - outright (Ryan excluded due to datalogger issue), Race 3 - finished 4th outright, which in the end gave us first place outright by the narrow margin of 2 points ( Best, Houlder, Shaw). We had to nurse the focus home in all 3 races, as the clutch was slipping, at the end of Race 3 the clutch gave way.

After round 2 points are:
Class C, Best (186), Gray (150), Harris (66)
Outright, Houlder (86), Best (81), Shaw (79)

Look forward to seeing you all at Oran Park

Best Racing
bestracing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2006, 03:41 PM   #3
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

I'll definitely be there, I had a great time last year, and there were so many cars to see there!

Congratulations on the outstanding results at Symmons Plains - I have been informed by Eddie that the event will be on TV on Sunday at 12 noon on SBS's Speedweek. I look forward to seeing the ST170 in action!

Outstanding overall points results too, that's excellent!

Count me in for the Oran Park round, also have a sticker pack for you, Darren.

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2006, 11:50 PM   #4
bestracing

Thanks Tim, I look forward to catching up with you at Oran Park & meeting any other members.

cheers Darren
Old 28-04-2006, 02:25 PM   #5
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

O.K. It's only a little over 1 week away so those interested the Meeting point is McDonalds M4 Westbound @ 9.00am, SUNDAY 7th of May. Destination: Oran Park, Narellan.

I know it's early but due to the pcaa running in a new series in 2006 I expect it to be a bit busier and as a consequence less parking.

Unfortunately, at the moment I can't find out any info about the racing schedule but can tell members that the V8 Utes, Australian GT, GT Performance and of course Darren's ST170 in Production Cars and the SuperTrucks are amongst the competitors on the bill. As soon as I find out more info I'll let you all know.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Old 28-04-2006, 08:20 PM   #6
whippet_zetec
Supes

Hi eddie, darren, tim,

I am planning on making the trek out to Oran Park for the Sunday. With the new M7 it should be a quick trip out there too from the M4.

Todd
Old 06-05-2006, 01:44 PM   #7
whippet_zetec
Supes

ok peeps.....who is coming tomorrow? who are we waiting for at the M4?
Old 06-05-2006, 06:39 PM   #8
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Been out at the track this arvo (SAT). Darren - 1st in Class! and 10th Outright in Race 1.

Not bad. Hopefully good results for tomorrow's races.

He's looking forward to receiving his EUROFORDCLUB sticker pack, too.

Old 07-05-2006, 09:14 PM   #9
whippet_zetec
Supes

review of the day, the exciting news, and pics:

http://eurofordclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=657#657
Old 07-05-2006, 11:41 PM   #10
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

all i got to say looks 10 times better with the club stickers on it :P good job racing and spewing about the bumper! Keep up the good work Darren

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2006, 11:45 PM   #11
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Nice work Darren! Top results with the car yet again!! Must be the extra 5 fwkw from the stickers! They look awesome, top effort mate!

When are you racing in Vic, I know myself and Adam (focusonthis) are 100% keen to come along to show the Victorian support!!
Old 08-05-2006, 02:33 PM   #12
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

STICKER GOES ON; WHEEL FALLS OFF.

Whippet-Zetec and myself went out yesterday (SUN) and the weather was great up until the dust storm came in and you couldn't see anything on the other side of the circuit. Unfortunately, it also co-incided with the start of Race 2 in Darren's schedule and the prior placement of the EUROFORDCLUB.COM stickers on the ST170. Don't know if it was a bad omen but the car had an unfortunate mechanical failure and went off in the very fast turn one kink. Car was repaired thanks to some fast work by BEST RACING before the last race of the meeting. Same couldn't be said for Darren's racesuit. It was, I'm sure, a VERY scary moment. Having been around the circuit myself, I can vouch for that.

Anyway, my thanks to all at BEST RACING and to Whippet-Zetec for making the trip out to Oran Park with me. It was another great result for the Team.

Old 08-05-2006, 09:04 PM   #13
bestracing

It was nice to catch up with Eddie & Todd at Oran Park.
The stickers are great, we will wear them with pride!

Results for the weekend Race 1 - first in class, finished 10th outright, Race 2 - wheel studs sheared off the right front wheel, front wheel landed near the flag marshall & the focus & I took a fast trip (200+ km) at turn one resulting in being buried in sand upto the front guard, Race 3 - first in class, finished 9th outright. Currently leading class C & 4th outright in the series. It was a shame more cars did not make the event, organisers are saying next round will be exciting with the return of many cars.

Next round is at Eastern Creek July 8/9, as the Winton Round has been cancelled due to the V8's now running.

Regards Darren
Old 08-05-2006, 09:07 PM   #14
bestracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
Nice work Darren! Top results with the car yet again!! Must be the extra 5 fwkw from the stickers! They look awesome, top effort mate!

When are you racing in Vic, I know myself and Adam (focusonthis) are 100% keen to come along to show the Victorian support!!
Thanks Zetec, our only remaining Victorian round will be at Phillip Island August 19/20, look forward to seeing you there.

Darren