Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > Eurofordclub.com > EuroFordClub.com

EuroFordClub.com European Ford Owners Club of Australia forum

Old 19-06-2006, 08:36 PM   #1
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Default Best Racing July 8-9th Eastern Creek

Anyone going out to the track to support Darren and his team race their Focus ST170?

I'm planning on attending, get some good photography time in and meet up with the team and show our support! Any others?

Tim

Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2006, 11:32 PM   #2
whippet_zetec
Supes

I should be along for this one (obvioulsy have to clear it with the social director ;) )
Old 20-06-2006, 02:22 PM   #3
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Haven't been informed (as yet) to whether the car is entered. Stay tuned though! I'm only going to the track on Sunday (Raceday) as I've got a charity golf event on Saturday. AND don't ask what my handicap is, please!!

So, I assume that you guys want to get out there on Sunday?

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2006, 02:24 PM   #4
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

**UPDATE**

Have just recieved the schedule. Race 1 - Saturday @ 15.45pm; Race 2 - Sunday @ 11.55am; and Race 3 @ 14.30pm. Although they can change the times at short notice.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Old 30-06-2006, 08:10 PM   #5
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

I might be in for the sunday if thats the date everyone is gonna be there. Just let me know
Old 01-07-2006, 03:35 PM   #6
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Damo,

Yes, Sunday is the day. Although I am planning on having a look on Friday as well. P.M. me for further info if you like.

Old 05-07-2006, 12:32 AM   #7
bestracing

Default Best Racing July 8-9th at Eastern Creek

Hi All,

Yes we will definately be at Eastern Creek.
There are 21 cars entered for the meeting. In Class C there is Proton Satria times 2, Citreon, Toyota and us, should be an interesting meeting. I don't know if you are aware the Focus St170 now has a rev limit of 7000rpm, so it will be interesting to see how it goes against the Proton's. At Oran Park the Focus was noticably under power, hopefully not too much, we will be out there giving them heaps.

Look forward to seeing you all Eastern Creek, make sure you stop in and say hi, at this stage we have been advised we are in garage 44.

Cheers Darren.
bestracing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2006, 02:51 PM   #8
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just had a talk with damo and it seems i'll be going down too.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 10:37 AM   #9
whippet_zetec
Supes

looks like it should be a good crowd.....see you all there
Old 07-07-2006, 04:56 PM   #10
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

G'day Guys,

Just returned from the track for a bit of a look around. Whippet Zetec must have ESP as I recieved a call from him just as I arrived at Eastern Creek.

We've decided to meet at the Junction of M7/Great Western Highway. Just look for me parked by the side of the road. Then we'll take the short drive up the Highway onto Brabham Drive and then into Eastern Creek Raceway. There's not a great deal of variety on the program (unfortunately) but there's still Formula 3 to take in and of course Darren's races.

Definites.

Fast Eddie
Whippet-Zetec

Timmeh (tbc)
Damo (tbc)
Pieotr (tbc).

Good to see some of the Fiesta's coming along. I hope you'll enjoy it.

Old 07-07-2006, 05:46 PM   #11
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Hey Eddie, What time is the meet up, and where exactly is this Junction of M7/Great Western Highway?
Old 07-07-2006, 09:37 PM   #12
Blue_ST170

Is anyone going on sat cause i might be able to make that but unfortunatly i cant on sunday??

Also what mods have been done to the ST170 cause ive got one and thinking of racing it...maybe in the AMRS??

Saving for: cat-back exhaust
Blue_ST170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2006, 04:11 PM   #13
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Damo,

You'll need to make a right turn off the M7.

You've got the Power Street exit and then Woodstock Ave and then it looks like you have to go under Eastern Road and the next exit (where you turn right) to get onto the Great Western Highway is next. If you've gone past the Light Horse Interchange you've gone too far. You need to exit at the Great Western Highway.

I'll be just off to the left side of the road (on Great Western Highway).
MEET YOU AT 9.30AM.

Blue ST170, it might be advisable to contact the Production Car Assoc. of Aust. They will probably set you in the right direction. The AMRS guys (most) Likely have a different set of rules when it comes to what's needed to modify the Focus for their Series and sorry I went out there yesterday as I had a Charity Golf Tournament to attend today (SAT).

Old 08-07-2006, 05:30 PM   #14
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

IIRC the race in the series the car is stock apart from Roll Cage, Rims(Same size only) and a Motec ECU.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2006, 05:32 PM   #15
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

I think you might be able to change brake pads also?

See you at the race, will be driving down from Newcastle tomorrow morning, and will bring the club banner and camera.

Timmeh
Old 08-07-2006, 11:46 PM   #16
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Hey Guys,

Im a little confused on the meet point. I know where the intersection of Doonside and great western Hwy is then it changes to brabham road where u go under the M4 then there is a big roundabout. left is the go karts or right is the road to the circuit. From there were are we meeting? SOrry for sounding a bit confused
Old 09-07-2006, 08:32 PM   #17
whippet_zetec
Supes

hey folks,

well what a fantastic day out at the track. the weather was perfect and the racing out on the track just as great.

Tim, Eddie, Damo: thanks for the company and chit chat. Hope you all made it home nice and safe.

I captured this shot of Darren in action out on the track (stay tuned for the Club Gallery coming soon), and the content appeared to be a talking point on our return back to the pits (even before Darren and his team saw the photo captured):
Old 09-07-2006, 10:37 PM   #18
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Great day out, many photos stories and news to come! Just got home, pretty tired!

Tim
Old 10-07-2006, 02:45 PM   #19
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

I'm knackered too! But thanks for coming out to the track guys. Many thanks to Best Racing for making us (Eurofordclub) welcome. Next meeting is in Phillip Island next month. I'll keep you posted on this.

Old 10-07-2006, 04:53 PM   #20
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Sorry i wasnt as livley as I usually am, but I had a great day out. Weather was great, action was intense. Darrens focus sounds insane and really makes a presence on the track. How did his second run go hopfully he killed that proton??
Old 10-07-2006, 07:50 PM   #21
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Actually a blown fuse saw him retire halfway through the race, unfortunately. More on this and other stories from the weekend soon! (And photos)!

Timmeh