Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 09-02-2005, 12:16 AM   #31
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Wouldn't insurance on the property be covered by the landlord and thus part of the rent?
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2005, 12:34 AM   #32
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

I don't mind coming down and helping out with rubbing back and prep for cars being resprayed either. Could be a good place to do engine swap overs etc.. learning about other cars, and obviously some serious drinking on hot days. :P
Warming to the idea more and more. ;)
Old 09-02-2005, 01:09 AM   #33
chief
FTF Club Moderator

That is all good for the people down in Melbourne, but what about the rest of us? We could have FF.com.au sites across Australia and that would be impressive. : Not trying to sound liek an American or a d*ckhead but the warehouses for different states could be a frat house (what is the australian equilvent of a frat house?) where touring people from ff.com.au can check out what is happening in other parts of the country.
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2005, 01:47 AM   #34
tickford2001
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
can i bring up the factor of security and insurance of the property?
its all good till you get robbed of all your cars or the place gets torched and destroys everything.
any plans about this?
this can happen in your own backyard / garage too...its just a risk we all live with - but i guess contents insurance could be arranged, and if divided up wouldnt work out too badly
Old 09-02-2005, 08:33 AM   #35
Twisted
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
Wouldn't insurance on the property be covered by the landlord and thus part of the rent?
Luckily Ive just moved from domestic to commercial insurance The building itself would/should be covered by a commercial property owners policy but as far as the tools or any other content items there I could arrange cover for those. No way the cars would be insured as part of the contents though, as Greg said you would need seperate cover for each of those.

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT
FordForums.com.au
Hats, Stickers & Patches are now available!
Twisted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2005, 01:08 PM   #36
tickford2001
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

im not too fussed about the insurance side of things...no matter what youre doing there is always the risk of something going wrong, so i wont shy from this idea because of insurance

i think the most important thing to do would be to keep it on the quiet where it is located, dont make it obvious whats going on inside and try to make the joint as secure as we can
Old 09-02-2005, 01:50 PM   #37
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

Absoloutly agree Dave. I do want to take out contents insurance because the tools should be protected if nothing else.

Really, the big issue is who is interested. Once the numbers are finalised we can take the conversation off the public forums and nut out the details!
xdc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2005, 06:07 PM   #38
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

I park the truck off Burgess Rd in Bayswater, there are heaps of old style factorys along Burgess Rd, (old tin type) not tilt slab, that i would imagine would be cheap to rent, let me know if you guys get on to one in the Bayswater area, i might be keen to store some stuff.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:54 PM   #39
SWOOP
XRSVO

Ive had this idea in head for awhile as well, and would be interested in renting some space ,pending the location as Im way out west.

also the company I work for are relocating in the next few months ,so I guess the lease would be up ,the factory It would fit 30 cars in side and 50 outside in 2 compounds(good for meets!) ,its a preety dumpy joint inside a huge private estate (with live in caretaker)and off the main road, in coolaroo just behind FORD ,I can try find out more if youd like?
SWOOP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2005, 09:56 PM   #40
GTHO3_2

It would be nice to get that place in Baswater least it is big. We realy need a meet of who is realy interested. Insurance for the cars should be covered in your personal policy (if your car is reg and insured), having a alarm installed should not be a mager hassle and lock up area where tools can be kept oh and I have a Bull mastive cross Great Dane it looks like a 44gal drum on stilts. It would make a great place for meets, BBQ's, birth days, **** ups oh and the cars but i am a bit worried of who know what is in there think about it 20 late model falcons ($$$$$) be nice to have a hoist maybe we can all pitch in to buy a second hand one. There is alot of teething probs with all this but over time i think we will sort out who is fare up on all this. Be good for temp FF site members to work on there cars eg engine swaps. When we sort our selfs out other people can set up in other areas and hopfuly learn from us in what is involved maybe have open days becasue i am sure there will be some top examples of cars coming out of this place becasue out of all of us we have everything eg Electricans, Machanics, painters i think alot of beer will exchange hands ere ($=beer) it would be real good if we can get this all fired up
GTHO3_2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2005, 10:05 PM   #41
BJ
Banned

I does sound like it would solve a lot of problems for some of us, and the added bonus is the fact that there would be a collective brains trust, as you have hit upon. The only thing I could see going wrong would be all of the hangers on , but I suppose it can all be worked out. It would be nice to have some were to have the odd drink and B.B.Q
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2005, 10:15 PM   #42
RUQ1KA
Formerly mad_ed_wagon

well i'll be in but after, prolly in a year or so time as i wonna strip my ed down and rebuild it up again,just need a license, a job, and a daily driver

i was actually thinking of renting out a factory here in dandy somewhere at the end of this year, as my dad dont like me messing around with the car around the house, just check out my garage after i've been through it:P

Build thread coming soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerCordia
I had two cordias but recently i sold one of them so that leaves me with one cordia which i have now but i wouldve had two if i havent sold the other one.
RUQ1KA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2005, 11:16 PM   #43
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Some mates and I did this years ago, it's a great idea! I have my own large garage now (all good things come to those who wait!), so I don't need space. Just my 2cents worth, I would only let the exact location be known to those how are paying, and have strict rules regarding what mates are allowed to visit and when. This helped us when we did it. Having "the rules" means it's nothing personal just the rules.
I'm sure you guys will work it out go for it.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:24 PM   #44
GTHO3_2

"The rules" or something along those lines will have to be thought about. how many of u were doing this and what was the monthly cost?
Old 09-02-2005, 11:26 PM   #45
GTHO3_2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse
Some mates and I did this years ago, it's a great idea! I have my own large garage now (all good things come to those who wait!), so I don't need space. Just my 2cents worth, I would only let the exact location be known to those how are paying, and have strict rules regarding what mates are allowed to visit and when. This helped us when we did it. Having "the rules" means it's nothing personal just the rules.
I'm sure you guys will work it out go for it.

R u the one down at Caulder with the white PV with the bull bar that just goes way to fast for what it looks if so ive talked to u b4
Old 09-02-2005, 11:32 PM   #46
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTHO3_2
R u the one down at Caulder with the white PV with the bull bar that just goes way to fast for what it looks if so ive talked to u b4
Thats me, what do you drive?
Old 09-02-2005, 11:44 PM   #47
GTHO3_2

had the yellow VK remember burnout comp i won, big bang seiezed rear brakes sold the car, he was picking it up the next day opppps
Old 09-02-2005, 11:46 PM   #48
GTHO3_2

u r much loved between us, for ****s sake u were blowing the doors off WRX's and it looks like it came off the farm
Old 10-02-2005, 12:30 AM   #49
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

As I said before, the Bayswater example is just that, an example. Nothing has been decided upon at this stage. All I'm looking to find out is who is serious about this and then we can nut out where and when amongst ourselves. Once we know who's in I'll put on a BBQ we'll have a decent chat about it.

One thing I will ask is ONLY add your name to the list if you are looking at being on the lease for the property. Once the property is organised we will post asking for temporary people to join in, but not before we have everything completed.

XDC351
Psycho Chicken
GTHO3_2
Old 10-02-2005, 12:58 AM   #50
Sundeep
Banned

I might be in as well, you know I'm nice and close XDC! I've been thinking about the same thing for a while.

Let us know what you find and I'll let you know whether I have the cash or not.

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2005, 10:36 AM   #51
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

Timframe is ASAP, so if you want in now is the time to put your hand up!
Old 10-02-2005, 10:45 AM   #52
BJ
Banned

Big John would like to put his hat in the ring.
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2005, 10:47 AM   #53
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

Updated!

XDC351
Psycho Chicken
GTHO3_2
CH7472
Old 10-02-2005, 10:59 AM   #54
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

I don't want to commit to putting my name on the lease, I'm not in a great position money wise to do that at the moment.

I guess you could put me down as a hanger on that's very interested. When I'm a little better off financially I may consider adding my name.

Still got those fridges by the way. :nutsycuck
Old 10-02-2005, 10:59 AM   #55
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTHO3_2
had the yellow VK remember burnout comp i won, big bang seiezed rear brakes sold the car, he was picking it up the next day opppps
He I was there that night. It's the first time I've seen a street cars rear brakes actually catch fire. It took loads of people to move it.

Brenden

Tuned by Hallam Performance

Last edited by brenx; 10-02-2005 at 09:34 PM.
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2005, 09:27 PM   #56
GTHO3_2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdc351
As I said before, the Bayswater example is just that, an example. Nothing has been decided upon at this stage. All I'm looking to find out is who is serious about this and then we can nut out where and when amongst ourselves. Once we know who's in I'll put on a BBQ we'll have a decent chat about it.

One thing I will ask is ONLY add your name to the list if you are looking at being on the lease for the property. Once the property is organised we will post asking for temporary people to join in, but not before we have everything completed.

XDC351
Psycho Chicken
GTHO3_2

Cant say it much better myself
Old 11-02-2005, 01:51 PM   #57
Sundeep
Banned

Well before I put my hand up I'd want to know what I'd be paying and how much space there is. So if you can find this out that'd be great. I don't want to put my name down and not be able to put the cash in.

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2005, 06:32 PM   #58
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundeep
Well before I put my hand up I'd want to know what I'd be paying and how much space there is. So if you can find this out that'd be great. I don't want to put my name down and not be able to put the cash in.

Sundeep
Its kind of a catch 22 in that regard. The more people we have, the bigger the place we can get and the less people will pay. Its the exact opposite if no-one's interested.

I will be trying to keep it below $150per month all up but I can't make any promises... it might be less.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:34 PM   #59
EA2BA
PM me if you want

So what you are looking for xdc351 is people comfortable enough to put in $150 a month to express interest if they are pretty serious, then details can be finalised?

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2005, 06:58 PM   #60
parawolf
beep beep

i'm interested... but it's just about 6 - 12 months early. :(

i'm near preston - but I guess a warehouse in that area wouldn't be affordable...