Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 11-02-2005, 07:05 PM   #61
parawolf
beep beep

Hmmm i reckon if you could get 20 people in, imagine this place:

http://www.realestateview.com.au/cgi...=440309&rev=on

Then get someone to make up banners saying www.fordforums.com.au headquarters... you could have ff.com.au monthly meetings, bbqs, tech talk sessions... Only thing left to make it truly awesome would be a complete car lifter (or a service pit)...
Old 11-02-2005, 07:57 PM   #62
Pearly
Lowriding

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the time spent at most functions taking photos free for us 

Just read through all this...

As Dave mentioned earlier, we where looking at doing this, and I'm still interested...

... but, at this stage, I can't really afford to spend more than about $50 a month on something like this.
Pearly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2005, 02:12 AM   #63
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellboy999
So what you are looking for xdc351 is people comfortable enough to put in $150 a month to express interest if they are pretty serious, then details can be finalised?
Got it in one.
xdc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2005, 02:32 AM   #64
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

OK, I'll put this up to try and complete the picture a liitle better. In order for this to go ahead we need enough people to be on the lease to cover the cost per month without requiring anyone staying temporarily. Reason being if we get the lease on the assumption there will be others not on the lease chipping in, then find there is no-one, we're stuffed. Its not a situation I, or anyone else, wants to have happen.

As i've said before, if there are enough people to get the lease then we will open up any available space to others not on the lease... because any extra money coming in from temporary people will reduce the amount each permanent pays each month... its win-win.

But It must start off with the worst case scenario in mind and thats what i'm working with at the moment.

Cheers,
Greg
Old 12-02-2005, 02:33 AM   #65
tickford2001
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearly
Just read through all this...

As Dave mentioned earlier, we where looking at doing this, and I'm still interested...

... but, at this stage, I can't really afford to spend more than about $50 a month on something like this.
yeh im in the same boat, if it was under $100 a month i could probably afford it, but anything more atm and id probably be pushing it...in a few months should all be better though!

and as for the fordforums banners ian, id much rather have banners that say something like "rotten fruit storage" or something similar...much less likely to attract unwanted visitors!! :
Old 12-02-2005, 02:42 AM   #66
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

I just read though this to and it sounds like a great idea but at present my cash flow is in a rather large hole but i would still be interested in a few months time.
ON MAXXIS MAV1's 275/45/17 13.27 @ 106mph
RspecAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2005, 07:12 PM   #67
Leah
www.madel.com.au

How long was the initial lease going to be approximately? Like 6 month lease ??
Leah is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2005, 07:25 PM   #68
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah
How long was the initial lease going to be approximately? Like 6 month lease ??
Depends on what the group who put their names down agree on.
Old 13-02-2005, 03:26 AM   #69
tickford2001
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

when pearly and i were looking previously they wanted us to go on a 3 year lease!!! :

i think you would be pushing for a six month one, but a 12 month one may be feasible
Old 15-02-2005, 08:09 PM   #70
GTHO3_2

is there anymore updates on what is going on XDC351 sorry havent been around on the w/e been real busy but we realy need to get this on its feet.

xdc351 u have PM
GTHO3_2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2005, 09:48 PM   #71
parawolf
beep beep

Well - I've just found a project that would warrant to share a warehouse....

Old 15-02-2005, 10:13 PM   #72
tickford2001
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sweeeeeet did you buy it ian?!

ive always wanted to build one of those....but bit out of my price range

nice pick up though!!! have to check it out sometime
Old 15-02-2005, 10:41 PM   #73
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

I would also be interested in this concept
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2005, 11:35 PM   #74
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTHO3_2
is there anymore updates on what is going on XDC351 sorry havent been around on the w/e been real busy but we realy need to get this on its feet.

xdc351 u have PM
Ummm, no PM arrived!

At this stage all I can do is wait and hope enough people get on board. The imminent sale of the house I live in has passed so the pressure is off for a couple of months.... but I still want this to go ahead ASAP.

We are very close to a go ahead. one or 2 more and we'll get underway.
Old 16-02-2005, 01:21 AM   #75
XRQTR
TBA Customs

I think the idea of a clubhouse/workshop space for members would be a great idea as it would allow us a place to get together and spin a few race yarns hehe, this might be an idea for future reference not sure if anyone has already suggested this but im sure most are thinking it.

On this level I think you would find possibly more support but would take a bit more organising and set up time, I for one would be very interested at something on this level.

By the way Ian if you want something big and short term might I suggest you check out the old Kinnears ropes factory in footscray hehe, believe it or not they are actually doing short term leases not sure of the pricing but its BIIIIIIIIIIG.
XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2005, 05:40 PM   #76
parawolf
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickford2001
sweeeeeet did you buy it ian?!

ive always wanted to build one of those....but bit out of my price range

nice pick up though!!! have to check it out sometime
hehehe haven't bought one.. but a job change meaning I wouldn't be needing a car day to day, means I would only need a 'weekender'

They are cheap! (comparitively) $19,000 for the chassis in parts + engine and gearbox (reco's for about $2000 more).
Old 21-02-2005, 11:03 PM   #77
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

OK, this is the last chance to get in on this as a lease member, as we now have enough support to look at it seriously.

Phycho_chicken, you have run out of PM space there mate!
Old 23-02-2005, 12:20 PM   #78
xbcoupe302
formerly xbwgn

greg put me down im fed up of my capri living in the back yard.

weekend driver XB COUPE

daily driver ZH FAIRLANE

project cars V8 XB WAGON
V8 WINDSOR POWERED BLUEBIRD WAGON

wrecking v8 XD WAGON
xbcoupe302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2005, 08:38 PM   #79
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Greg

Am happy to go in on this, but at the same time, need to know who else there is

Judgement is going to be yours!
Old 23-02-2005, 10:48 PM   #80
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

No worries Gary. I was going to be organising PM's to interested parties tonight, but as mentioned in another post I found out recently that I no longer have a job and i've been looking at job ads all night.

I will get onto it tomorrow, but I just want to go to bed ATM!
Old 23-02-2005, 11:35 PM   #81
Pearly
Lowriding

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the time spent at most functions taking photos free for us 

Sorry to hear that Greg. I know what it's like to be told your job is being made redundant.
Chin up buddy, and wish you the best of luck finding a better job mate.

Like I said Sat. I'm not fussed if I'm on the lease or not, but you're guaranteed my help. Even if it is just a little bit.
Pearly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 02:04 PM   #82
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdc351
No worries Gary. I was going to be organising PM's to interested parties tonight, but as mentioned in another post I found out recently that I no longer have a job and i've been looking at job ads all night.

sorry to hear Greg. I know how you sort of feel though. I have a permanent job with DHS (dept of Human Services). They've informed us that as of the 12/3 our work location will no longer be our current one. They have also no idea on rosters or where abouts they are putting us. I have a 64.5hour per fortnight permanancy. they only have to offer 3 roster lines, if we don't take one? We're otherwise we're out and jobless.

Pfft the goverment is a stable place of employment? ROFL.

Brenden

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 04:18 PM   #83
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:

Mate

That sucks, sorry to hear!

i always thought there would be work for someone who could withstand the wrath of a Granny in a nighty wearing loud flip flops!!!!
Old 24-02-2005, 07:04 PM   #84
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
Mate

That sucks, sorry to hear!

i always thought there would be work for someone who could withstand the wrath of a Granny in a nighty wearing loud flip flops!!!!
Bawhahaha, it was on Monday that I sort of found out I was gone... coincidence? On a better note I've already had 2 good jobs show interest so i'm happy (both paying considerably more than i'm being paid currently too!).

I'm finalising some details about what to do with the factory tonight, so if its going to go ahead or not I'll PM everyone tomorrow.
Old 24-02-2005, 08:27 PM   #85
parawolf
beep beep

Quote:
Bawhahaha, it was on Monday that I sort of found out I was gone... coincidence? On a better note I've already had 2 good jobs show interest so i'm happy (both paying considerably more than i'm being paid currently too!).

I'm finalising some details about what to do with the factory tonight, so if its going to go ahead or not I'll PM everyone tomorrow.

Please count me in too... i'd like to know details
Old 25-02-2005, 12:50 AM   #86
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

Are you interested in going on the lease? At this stage thats all I need to know.
Old 25-02-2005, 12:13 PM   #87
parawolf
beep beep

Well are we firmed at $150 a month and for what period and what start time/date - but yes I am
Old 25-02-2005, 12:38 PM   #88
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmcginley
Well are we firmed at $150 a month and for what period and what start time/date - but yes I am
Excellent. Nothing is confirmed yet bar it will not cost more than $150 p/m each. I will be organising PM's tonight and based on the info I get we can make a decicion.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:15 PM   #89
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

Guys'n'Gals. I've been thinking long and hard about this over the past few days and I cannot, in good faith, go ahead with this with my employment future so unknown.

At this stage, I haven't actually been told the date my current job ends and I don't want to take the risk that I can't find another job quickly. I certainly do not want to be the one bringing this whole thing to life then the one that breaks the lease because I can't afford the rent if I got stuck between jobs.

Anyone is welcome to pick this up and run with it, as it stands I might be able to go ahead with it in a few months time, but just not right now. I apologise because I know how keen many of you were, hopefully it does still go ahead.

Cheers,
Greg
Old 01-03-2005, 08:40 PM   #90
GTHO3_2

Sorry to hear this XDC, I would take on this but at the moment i am looking for a house and working full time so i do not have much time to myself to look for a Factory and to organise a group of people. How many people are in on this at the moment? I have seen a place on Coolstore Rd in Croydon (aka Electronics World) this place has not been used for a while and i was thinking about trying to find the agent for this location. This place will easly accomadate 20 people. If a can get a solid No. i can work out the financial situation or we might just have to wait for a bit.
GTHO3_2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post