Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 20-04-2005, 05:57 PM   #1
xr8 007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default is my AU II xr a genuine xr6??

hey all i've had my car for 2 months now and a mate of mine raised the question where are the tickford i.d plates. He mentioned that they should have them as they say when the car was built etc...I trust jefforson ford hasnt played me but i wanna make sure its a genuine tickford..

ur help is needed!!!
xr8 007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2005, 05:59 PM   #2
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Enter the VIN number in the Vehicle detail section.

It should spit out what your car is.

I had the same problem with the ute.
Old 20-04-2005, 06:20 PM   #3
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

The Tickford identification plate is only under the bonnet IF the car had extra's as standard. If the car was purchased with no extra's it wont have it (mine doesnt as it had no extra's)

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2005, 05:48 PM   #4
xr8 007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Once again boys thanks 4 the input!!!No i.d plate on mine,,no extras!!! While on the topic of extras,, i wanna put on some tickford body parts on my xr,,that came out as an option on the au xr's,,,do i have 2 tell my insurance company on this or can i let it slide as its an option on the au xr's anyways??

Last edited by xr8 007; 21-04-2005 at 05:50 PM.
Old 21-04-2005, 05:53 PM   #5
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Depends, if you said it has no options when you got your insurance, yo uhave to tell them , if you said it has no body kit, then you have to tell them.

If the kit is going to genuine and no-one asked then I think let it slide, but its up to you.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2005, 09:43 PM   #6
xr8 007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ummm,, well lets just say i'm a very naive person who doesnt know anything and purchased the car (AU II XR6),,and didnt know it was an option or not as it "came with the car""...