Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 31-08-2006, 03:24 PM   #61
Baboon_AU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futura01
hows the cam doing baboon
well the cam isn't in yet.. but i have borrowed the tool off a Ford dealer to release the chain tension and it is going in this Saturday morning.. i will inform all of you how it goes

1981 XD Fairmont 351 - 351 Cleveland, ARP bolts, flat top pistons, Stage 3 Dynotec cam, ported 2V heads with 4V valves, Roller Rockers, Weiand manifold, Mighty Demon, 1/2" fuel lines with blue Holley fuel pump, Crane hi-6 ignition, B&M megashifter, C4, hi-stall, shift kit, 3.77 Ford 9" LSD.

Thanks to: EvilChief and SJW Performance
Baboon_AU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2006, 03:35 PM   #62
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilChief
that comments i made only bacuse from exoerience turbo cars respons well to high lift and little overlap ... but i am sure it is a great imporvement over the stock cam. once again being an engine, it woul dhave to be tested as per engine as every engine is unique to its requirements
Sorry mate, I haven't worded it properly there. :hihi:

That was meant for futura01.
Old 31-08-2006, 03:48 PM   #63
Futura01
horsepower

Nah thats cool guys, i understood well i recieved the official au cam specs for the stage2 camtech cam and they are almost identical to the high torque cam that baboon has ordered.
The cam specs for both cam's should prove well considering that they have a little more lift then the xr6 cam on intake and little bit more duration.
I actually think that i might be getting the same cam as baboon soon.
I believe these cams might be more suited to std heads ?
Futura01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2006, 03:50 PM   #64
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

I'd say so, mine is like a XR6 cam, but I do like the sound of the one jonbays mentioned a little while back in this thread. How that would work in a stock head would be of interest.
Old 31-08-2006, 03:54 PM   #65
Futura01
horsepower

Yeah well i think a little bit of playing with the cam through a vernier gear might prove the diffrence ;-)
Futura01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2006, 06:30 PM   #66
EvilChief
Boost Addict

Quote:
Nah thats cool guys, i understood well i recieved the official au cam specs for the stage2 camtech cam and they are almost identical to the high torque cam that baboon has ordered.
The cam specs for both cam's should prove well considering that they have a little more lift then the xr6 cam on intake and little bit more duration.
I actually think that i might be getting the same cam as baboon soon.
I believe these cams might be more suited to std heads ?
that cam is "only" a stage 2 ... there are two cams which are a little wilder than that :
LN65 Hilux Turbo - sold
EL31 Corolla Turbo - sold
Ford AU Ute Turbo - sold
Ford AU XR8 Sedan - 5.4l V8 Turbo (in the build)
Ford BA XR6T Ute - daily driver
Ford FG XR6T Sedan - cruiser

do you see a general trend? I DO

Can't live with it, can't live without it!
EvilChief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2006, 06:37 PM   #67
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Quote:
Yeah well i think a little bit of playing with the cam through a vernier gear might prove the diffrence ;-)
There is something in this vernier business.

Just look at the VCT which basicly runs retaded and advances 10 degrees from 1000-3800rpm to give better mid range it only pulls up the XR6 engine from 164 to 172fwkw. Of course a wider powerband is more impressive on the track and road than the dyno too.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2006, 01:23 PM   #68
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Well I just swapped out the Crow 2232549 cam I had for a Jim Mock Motorsport Dev5 and its just so much better at idle and below 2500rpm its not funny. Even with a Unichip to tune the idle the Crow was pretty ordinary with an Automatic. Now without even retuning the Unichip the idle is great and cruise at 2000-2500rpm part throttle is much better. The JMM cam strategy is just way better for any street application or auto.
Old 03-09-2006, 04:02 PM   #69
EvilChief
Boost Addict

thats where u have to decide if u want street application or outright power and then make the selection!

btw u can alter the ideling characteristics by porting the heads as well. we did a lot of testing in that area and ended up with rather large exhaust port and slight increased intake ports. not to mention the improvements in performance
LN65 Hilux Turbo - sold
Ford AU Ute Turbo - sold

Old 03-09-2006, 09:29 PM   #70
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilChief
thats where u have to decide if u want street application or outright power and then make the selection!

btw u can alter the ideling characteristics by porting the heads as well. we did a lot of testing in that area and ended up with rather large exhaust port and slight increased intake ports. not to mention the improvements in performance
Exactly you can't have it all. But we will see about the power when its all tuned up. my guess is its better all round
Old 04-09-2006, 12:45 AM   #71
EvilChief
Boost Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbays
Exactly you can't have it all. But we will see about the power when its all tuned up. my guess is its better all round
agreed _2:
LN65 Hilux Turbo - sold
Ford AU Ute Turbo - sold