Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Old 22-10-2007, 06:02 PM   #1
big.glenn

Default Thank You ... BluePower

I would like to thank Chris @ BluePower and Agro for their wonderfull efforts in introducing me to Kenne Bell. Kenne is not what you would call a whinger he just has a constant wine about him. Hit the loud peddel and he really starts talking. Chris you should give your customers a bottle of leather conditioner when you introduce them to Kenne as the passenger seat takes a pounding. Do you have a remedy for removing finger nail marks from the seat and dashboard.

I have known Kenne for a little over a week now and he has to be one of the best most fun things I have met. He is absolutly AWSOME.

The BluePower Supercharger kit is a work of art. Congratulation to you Chris @ BluePower and Agro for all your efforts in producing such an unbeliveable s/c kit the workmanship in these kits is faultless.

The power that I arrived @ BluePower with was 229 rwkw and I left a very happy customer with 324.9 rwkw non intercooled.

Once again Thank You

Big Glenn

big.glenn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2007, 06:13 PM   #2
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Nice work!

Got any pics?
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2007, 07:35 PM   #3
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Sounds like lots of fun.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2007, 09:04 PM   #4
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

Now thats a lot of result, not to mention the fun factor
SOLD : BA XR8 4 Speed Auto in Mercury Silver, Bluepower CIA, Full Diffilipo Big Boy Quad System, Tune, 4.11 Diff Gears, FPV Starter Button, FPV GT Rear Spoiler, Tripod Gauges, PWR Trans Cooler. 230 RWKW's. Many thanks to Chris at Bluepower Racing Developments

Hers : F6X build #150 in Ego, Stock as a Rock, untill the warranty runs out, including the extended one.

My Work Wagon AU Futura Wagon in Gold.

On the Farm : Ford 6600 Tractor
EASYBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2007, 09:59 PM   #5
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

This thread is hell useless without pics and vid!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2007, 11:13 PM   #6
genebaby
Abuser of Charvels

You lucky bastard Glenn, well done! I had an inking your dream thread was about this, cause your dreams have come true!! Pics and video, that's what we need now, yes!!

Daily: Tornado MY20 GTI

Retired: Venom BA XR8 - build thread
genebaby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2007, 11:20 PM   #7
ratman
krunch krunch hsv 4 lunch

Good stuff Glenn - just in time for my new mini racecam!
ratman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2007, 12:20 AM   #8
Jason50
Boosted...

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for bringing the Xcal2 back with you for me, much appreciated

Now that I have some competition here I may have to ask for a smaller pulley for mine :

After 4 months, every time I get the car I am just as happy as the first time.
Old 23-10-2007, 12:23 AM   #9
XH5LWEPN
Boost is here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big.glenn
The power that I arrived @ BluePower with was 229 rwkw and I left a very happy customer with 324.9 rwkw non intercooled.
No to mention the insane torque as soon as you hit the gas pedal from any RPM .

Good stuff mate, sounds unreal, but like the other boys said, pics and vids..............lol
XH5LWEPN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2007, 12:55 AM   #10
AGRO
KB TECH SUPPORT

It was a pleasure Glenn.
Hope all is well with your beast.
It was nice to meet you also.
Thankyou once again for relying on BPR supercharging.
Any questions or probs, don't hesitate to call.

Regards

AGRO.
AGRO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2007, 06:50 AM   #11
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Heres those pics

Hope you don't mind Glenn
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2007, 09:20 PM   #12
XRQTOR
Banned

What are those gay looking blue covers over the valve cover's, Chris/Paul if your supplying those with the Kb kit's im on the first plane down there to beat some sense into you's 2 : . Jeeze next it'll be light beer and pink skirts on friday arvo's in the shop py: .
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2007, 05:43 PM   #13
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
What are those gay looking blue covers over the valve cover's, Chris/Paul if your supplying those with the Kb kit's im on the first plane down there to beat some sense into you's 2 : . Jeeze next it'll be light beer and pink skirts on friday arvo's in the shop py: .
LOL.... That thing in the middle seems to cancel out the look of them covers mate.
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2007, 05:48 PM   #14
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcams
LOL.... That thing in the middle seems to cancel out the look of them covers mate.
I did hear you like Mardigra Wade .
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2007, 05:59 PM   #15
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo347
This thread is hell useless without pics and vid!!!!!
Amen brother

Man, I want to go for a spin in one of the BPR beasts, from all reports they are a piece of work.
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2007, 06:03 PM   #16
big.glenn

Dyno Run...

Old 25-10-2007, 06:05 PM   #17
big.glenn

Dyno Sheet...

Old 25-10-2007, 06:14 PM   #18
big.glenn

Another Vid...

Old 26-10-2007, 05:00 PM   #19
GT595
Bluepower enhanced GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfr rob
Amen brother

Man, I want to go for a spin in one of the BPR beasts, from all reports they are a piece of work.
It's like a roller coaster ride when the carriage goes down at 100mph - the similar feeling where you loose your guts -0 its pretty awesome!!!!!!!!
GT595 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2007, 06:58 PM   #20
AGRO
KB TECH SUPPORT

Good stuff Glenn.
If you listen carefully, in the 2nd vid (post 18), you can hear the blower just starting to get going at the 13sec left mark, which is when redline hits! In other words, the thing is not even working hard. 2.6lt of blower is a big pump, and in this situation, underdrives are fitted to keep the boost down. There is plenty of room to move with this setup, and the 2.6lt KB has a lot more to give than what you see here, A LOT MORE.

Regards

AGRO.
Old 26-10-2007, 09:42 PM   #21
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGRO
Good stuff Glenn.
If you listen carefully, in the 2nd vid (post 18), you can hear the blower just starting to get going at the 13sec left mark, which is when redline hits! In other words, the thing is not even working hard. 2.6lt of blower is a big pump, and in this situation, underdrives are fitted to keep the boost down. There is plenty of room to move with this setup, and the 2.6lt KB has a lot more to give than what you see here, A LOT MORE.

Regards

AGRO.
Is that why the tractive effort (torque) line pretty much stays even during the whole run Agro because the blower isn't straining it's guts out trying to keep up boost. I have seen other dyno sheets where torque drops right off which appears to me the blower is struggling.

In Top Fuel racing we have 42lbs of boost as soon as the throttle is jumped on and it pretty much remains at that for the whole run but when a blower is going "off" it tends to load up the cylinders and it makes the car unhappy.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2007, 10:00 PM   #22
JOSH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

i am very jelous of you right now mate
JOSH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2007, 10:50 PM   #23
AGRO
KB TECH SUPPORT

[QUOTE=Craig@ACE]Is that why the tractive effort (torque) line pretty much stays even during the whole run Agro because the blower isn't straining it's guts out trying to keep up boost. I have seen other dyno sheets where torque drops right off which appears to me the blower is struggling.
QUOTE]
That's about it. This KB is no where near straining. It seems a waste to have a blower capable of so much, but used for so little.
If torque dramaticaly drops off with a twin screw, I would be concerned. You really need to look at the boost as well, and see what that's doing. If boost drops off as well, then there are components that are too small, being either blower selection and or intake restriction.

Regards

AGRO.
Old 26-10-2007, 10:58 PM   #24
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Very nice almost 100 rwkw, couple of questions Glenn did you do your oil pump gears and do you find much difference in power once she heats up without an intercooler?
Congrats Glenn I know your going to enjoy it..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2007, 09:07 AM   #25
GT595
Bluepower enhanced GT

Hey Spoolman,

Glenns out on his boat ATM - Its alright for some isn't it!!!!!!!
KB - Backed up by a bit of boating!!!! Then a fishing trip next week after the Wakefied park AMRS V8s tomorrow!!!!! with envy!!!

Craig did slip some billet oil pump gears in - after speaking to BG about the same question he doesn't seem to feel too much degredation on the performance when she warms up - we are in Canberra though so traffic flows pretty well here so you dont really get stuck long enough for heat soak to come into play - but I'll let him fill you in with the rest as he has only had it to play with for a few weeks....... Its a work of art.
Damo
GT595 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2007, 09:35 AM   #26
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Glenn,

Welcome to the BPR KB Club. I am sure that upon reflection you will be very happy with your purchase, and the upgradeablility of this kit for the future.

When you fit the big boy system, you will start to see just how much of a restriction your big single is.

Our engineer Paul spends a lot of time with the Kenne Bell engineers on the phone, and they are very impressed with the results we are getting.

Have we broken any motors with the KB? the simple answer is NO.

Smarter tuning, through having a superior product. Less boost, less spark, MORE POWER!!!!

410 rwkw on 10-11 psi in a stock manual 260 intercooled, an amazing 370-380rwkw @ 6psi non intercooled with a manual 290...........

debut pass of the KB kit was an amazing 10.68, the fastest BOSS shakedown pass ever...........

all with much less effort in the tune required to make the power that other twin screw kits could only dream of.

* NO cutting of fuel rails to ensure return to stock can be made easy

* BILLET design instead of cast

* 4psi-26psi - this baby will huff and puff and blow your doors down where other competitiors run out of puff

*NO need to relocate alternators and cut harnesses - Paul's intelligent engineering makes this kit the LEAST invasive on permanent mods to the vehicle

*FULL tech support from the research team that made the BOSS a serious LS1/2 embarrasment machine!!

*FULL after hours and after sales support and advice

*FULL access to pulleys on a change over basis

*SPECIAL pricing matrix for driveline problems and BIG HP engines

Exciting times ahead for the BOSS owners!!!

Onya Glenn - hope you are enjoying the Kit, I look forward to throwing you the keys to the black ute next time you are down.................

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2007, 01:40 PM   #27
Pursuit250
Neglecting the P250

Glenn kindly popped around the day after he had the KB fitted to take me for a joy ride (I think I was about his 10th passenger for the day). The application of the power on the road was remarkably smooth, as represented by his dyno graphs. My heart stayed in my mouth right through the rev range, before being launched into dash on gear changes (4-point harnesses need to be fitted). Seemed like everything was happening too easily, a real street driveable vehicle with some hidden surprises.

Congrats on the upgrade Glenn and on the product you have there Chris. My issue now is how do I keep up?

AUIII XR8 Pursuit 250
241 RWKW with Advance Headers, Twin 2.5" Exhaust, G&D CAI, Walbro Pump, Crow Cam, Custom Tune
Pursuit250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2007, 10:31 PM   #28
Aussie MustangGT
Mustang GT Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepower
Glenn,

Welcome to the BPR KB Club. I am sure that upon reflection you will be very happy with your purchase, and the upgradeablility of this kit for the future.

When you fit the big boy system, you will start to see just how much of a restriction your big single is.

Our engineer Paul spends a lot of time with the Kenne Bell engineers on the phone, and they are very impressed with the results we are getting.

Have we broken any motors with the KB? the simple answer is NO.

Smarter tuning, through having a superior product. Less boost, less spark, MORE POWER!!!!

410 rwkw on 10-11 psi in a stock manual 260 intercooled, an amazing 370-380rwkw @ 6psi non intercooled with a manual 290...........

debut pass of the KB kit was an amazing 10.68, the fastest BOSS shakedown pass ever...........

all with much less effort in the tune required to make the power that other twin screw kits could only dream of.

* NO cutting of fuel rails to ensure return to stock can be made easy

* BILLET design instead of cast

* 4psi-26psi - this baby will huff and puff and blow your doors down where other competitiors run out of puff

*NO need to relocate alternators and cut harnesses - Paul's intelligent engineering makes this kit the LEAST invasive on permanent mods to the vehicle

*FULL tech support from the research team that made the BOSS a serious LS1/2 embarrasment machine!!

*FULL after hours and after sales support and advice

*FULL access to pulleys on a change over basis

*SPECIAL pricing matrix for driveline problems and BIG HP engines

Onya Glenn - hope you are enjoying the Kit, I look forward to throwing you the keys to the black ute next time you are down.................
Having recently taken delivery of my BPR intercooled kit, I can tell you that I can hardly wait to finish off the installation on my fully upgraded BOSS 290 motor with 9.0:1 Manley forged pistons, etc. As a fully qualified motor engineer it has taken me about 6 months to do the upgrade while still running my business at the same time. The quality of the manifold casting and assorted machining is absolutely magnificent. You couldn't meet two nicer more helpful people than Chris and Paul and as far as I am concerned they are both geniuses to come up with such a brilliant system and Bell from Kenne Bell I am sure would agree with me. To offer to come to the Gold Coast to do the final tuning just goes to show their dedication and professionalism. As mention before I do intend to do a full run down on the project on this forum for those that might be interested. Thanks once again guys.
Ian.
Aussie MustangGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2007, 10:34 PM   #29
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Hoon
To offer to come to the Gold Coast to do the final tuning just goes to show their dedication and professionalism. Ian.
mmmmmmmm Gold Coast, may have to tag along and supervise...LOL.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2007, 10:38 PM   #30
hot460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepower
Glenn,

Jeeezzzz, Now I am jealous......... The keys to the black ute. Hmmmmmm _2: