Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 07-06-2007, 12:45 AM   #211
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Glad I just noticed this thread!
I'm due to do brakes soon in my AU3 wagon, but at some of these prices, I may as well upgrade instead of just doing standard replacement rotors etc.

I would most likely be going for the Territory setup front and rear, depending on pricing, but does anyone know if the rears will go straight on the wagon rear? I know it's been said earlier that they'll go straight on AU2 on sedans, but wasn't sure about the wagons...

Thanks,
Justin.
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2007, 12:50 AM   #212
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by private9
Glad I just noticed this thread!
I'm due to do brakes soon in my AU3 wagon, but at some of these prices, I may as well upgrade instead of just doing standard replacement rotors etc.

I would most likely be going for the Territory setup front and rear, depending on pricing, but does anyone know if the rears will go straight on the wagon rear? I know it's been said earlier that they'll go straight on AU2 on sedans, but wasn't sure about the wagons...

Thanks,
Justin.
Replacement rotors and pads for AU2 anything (wagon/ute/sedan) are all the same part numbers, so in theory, they should go straight on. The only differences are for premium and brembo brakes.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2007, 12:56 AM   #213
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Replacement rotors and pads for AU2 anything (wagon/ute/sedan) are all the same part numbers, so in theory, they should go straight on. The only differences are for premium and brembo brakes.
Awesome! Well, guess I'll start gathering some parts then!

Anyone think there's any point to braided brake lines? I've got them on my EL, but as they were there before I bought the car, I haven't got a before and after comparison.
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2007, 10:51 AM   #214
GTWHOA
Just cruisin

How have people with series 1's been mounting the sway bar brackets? Do I have to drill and thread new holes on the inside of the chassis rail?
Old 08-07-2007, 12:28 PM   #215
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVL40L
How have people with series 1's been mounting the sway bar brackets? Do I have to drill and thread new holes on the inside of the chassis rail?
I used the outside holes that have the bolts already in the chassis, then drilled through the outside of the bracket, through the chassis, then through the inside bracket, and used a 90mm long, 10mm thick high tensile steel bolt and nut with plenty of locktight. The bolt sits in the middle of the bracket - I think there's a photo on one of the pages of this
thread.

***edit*** found the photos, but it will only let me use links:
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...&postcount=149

And here's a link to the list of the "ingredients" you need:
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...&postcount=117
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

Last edited by JC; 08-07-2007 at 12:34 PM.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:37 PM   #216
GTWHOA
Just cruisin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
I used the outside holes that have the bolts already in the chassis, then drilled through the outside of the bracket, through the chassis, then through the inside bracket, and used a 90mm long, 10mm thick high tensile steel bolt and nut with plenty of locktight. The bolt sits in the middle of the bracket - I think there's a photo on one of the pages of this
thread.
Oh yeah, I was thinking of using long bolts with the existing holes and maybe a third as you did.
Old 17-07-2007, 05:00 PM   #217
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Thought I'd mention this in case it wasn't discussed earlier.

I'm getting away with sourcing BA discs, calipers, stub axles and an EB swaybar to do the conversion. Apparently I can bypass some of the more expensive AU2 suspension bits by using the EB swaybar.

Macarthur Parts Narelllan has already done this upgrade using this lot of parts. I sourced my parts from them and will be dropping the car off tomorrow at Crescent Motors to get it all put on.

Has Fez and XB.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2007, 05:09 PM   #218
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loxxr6

I'm getting away with sourcing BA discs, calipers, stub axles and an EB swaybar to do the conversion. Apparently I can bypass some of the more expensive AU2 suspension bits by using the EB swaybar.

Macarthur Parts Narelllan has already done this upgrade using this lot of parts. I sourced my parts from them and will be dropping the car off tomorrow at Crescent Motors to get it all put on.
I'd be VERY interested if this was the case Lox.. please let us know how it goes.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2007, 05:12 PM   #219
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

E series parts on an AU???

Old 17-07-2007, 05:21 PM   #220
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
I have no issue with that.. over 50% of the AU is EF/EL spec anyhow. We just happen to get the wheel offset that actually has more than 3 choices and an engine that doesn't feel the need to save space by holding all the radiator coolant in the sump along with the oil

Old 17-07-2007, 05:41 PM   #221
LOWAU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
I have no issue with that.. over 50% of the AU is EF/EL spec anyhow. We just happen to get the wheel offset that actually has more than 3 choices and an engine that doesn't feel the need to save space by holding all the radiator coolant in the sump along with the oil
I love it!, I can't wait till the e series guys read this. hahahahaha
LOWAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2007, 08:32 PM   #222
blue terra
au=gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC

yeh its true. I had the EB swaybar put in my ute. My mechanic was pretty surprised about it as well.
blue terra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2007, 08:46 PM   #223
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:

Nice work indeed ... Joe will sort it out for you as well.
Good to see that there's a cheaper way around it too.
I will one day get Joes 4-piston 330mm kit on the front of the ute ... one day.

Also another good rap for Macarthur Parts Plus as well ... they have looked after me when it comes to getting parts ... and their pricing is very good as well.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2007, 08:50 PM   #224
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Nice work indeed ... Joe will sort it out for you as well.
Good to see that there's a cheaper way around it too.
I will one day get Joes 4-piston 330mm kit on the front of the ute ... one day.

Also another good rap for Macarthur Parts Plus as well ... they have looked after me when it comes to getting parts ... and their pricing is very good as well.
curious now. If the BA brakes fit just by doing this... will the larger Terri 300mm or even AP 330mm brakes fit the same way?

Old 18-07-2007, 08:54 PM   #225
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Joe is using 330mm Mustang rotors and Sumitomo 4-piston calipers from a Skyline ... and they fit within the factory 17" alloy as well. Has already done a set on an E-series with the AU parts and it works a charm.

More work is needed on the S1s ... but will drop in at Joe's and have a look at what was done if i can.

S2 models will be easier I think.
Old 18-07-2007, 08:59 PM   #226
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Joe is using 330mm Mustang rotors and Sumitomo 4-piston calipers from a Skyline ... and they fit within the factory 17" alloy as well. Has already done a set on an E-series with the AU parts and it works a charm.

More work is needed on the S1s ... but will drop in at Joe's and have a look at what was done if i can.

S2 models will be easier I think.
I'll be doing this shortly as I already have the front and rear BA rotors and calipers. Seems like an easy, inexpensive and effective method. I'm just thinking of the future when I want to upgrade to some serious stopping power if that will fit too. Fitting inside the rims isnt an issue, 19" rims fit a lot of rotor and caliper. Just curious if it will deal with the bigger setup.

Old 18-07-2007, 09:08 PM   #227
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

If I had the Territory handy at the moment ... I'd take photos if i could of how it is all mounted ... I reckon they'd fit though ... I would have expected them to change the mounting too much overall ... it'd cost Ford a fortune in manufacturing changes.

If you have the larger wheels though ... I'd say it's be easier to fit the Terri stuff with the room available.

Seeing a Ford put the Territory brakes in the Falcon recently anyway ... I'd say mounting should be similar or the same as before.
Old 18-07-2007, 09:12 PM   #228
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

well, I'll put the BA ones on to start with and then, when I do the bigger ones, I'll deal with it all then

Just happy an easier way has been found.

Old 18-07-2007, 09:15 PM   #229
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

You putting stock BA rotors in ... or getting slotted items and using the calipers from the BA?

Have heard so many issues with the Falcon rotors warping ... and without abuse as well.

I can say one thing for Territory brakes ... they work extremely well at pulling up 2.1T of vehicle ... with a horse float behind it ... and with over 75,000km on the clock at the moment .... I haven't replaced rotors or pads ... no warping ... and I still have another 75,000km worth of pad left (according to my mechanic and Ford mechanics as well ... they were shocked).
Old 18-07-2007, 09:18 PM   #230
loxxr6
XB in parts...

I dropped my car off today at Joe's to get it all done. It can be done with the EB swaybar and the appropriate upgraded brakes - I went with standard BA's but will prob go slotted discs later on.

I was hoping to have the car back today but I didn't have the stabiliser pins/bushes to go with the swaybar so they have to be sourced. Otherwise everything is pretty much sorted.

Macarthur Parts can give you the full low down. Ask for Tony.

Has Fez and XB.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2007, 09:20 PM   #231
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
You putting stock BA rotors in ... or getting slotted items and using the calipers from the BA?

Have heard so many issues with the Falcon rotors warping ... and without abuse as well.

I can say one thing for Territory brakes ... they work extremely well at pulling up 2.1T of vehicle ... with a horse float behind it ... and with over 75,000km on the clock at the moment .... I haven't replaced rotors or pads ... no warping ... and I still have another 75,000km worth of pad left (according to my mechanic and Ford mechanics as well ... they were shocked).
Slotted mate, after market BA rotors.

Old 18-07-2007, 09:21 PM   #232
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Nice work.

I might be in at Crescent tomorrow ... if I am awake enough after work.
Old 18-07-2007, 09:22 PM   #233
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Slotted mate, after market BA rotors.
I should have realised ... as if you'd go stock anyway
Old 18-07-2007, 09:25 PM   #234
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
I should have realised ... as if you'd go stock anyway
What can I say? :evil3:

Old 18-07-2007, 10:06 PM   #235
lotus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

With doing it this way with BA stub axle, do you need to change the lower arm on the SER1?
Old 18-07-2007, 10:13 PM   #236
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

actually, is there a difference with the BA stub axles and the AU2/3 Stub axles?

Old 18-07-2007, 10:20 PM   #237
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Not that I know of ... AFAIK they using the same ... i know the entire hub assembly is the same ... i don't think they changed it.

Oh .. as a point of interest ... the bleed nipple on the front AUII calipers is the same as the BA's ... lets just say I found this out by luck and it works out well for me
Old 18-07-2007, 10:26 PM   #238
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Not that I know of ... AFAIK they using the same ... i know the entire hub assembly is the same ... i don't think they changed it.

Oh .. as a point of interest ... the bleed nipple on the front AUII calipers is the same as the BA's ... lets just say I found this out by luck and it works out well for me
Cool, this is sounding better and better! :

Old 18-07-2007, 10:35 PM   #239
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Looking on www.ozeparts.com.au ... they use the same part number (FBA4800NAA) for hubs from AUI to BFII.
Old 18-07-2007, 10:45 PM   #240
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

yeah, knew the hubs were all the same (got a set here going on Sat afternoon), just wasnt sure about the stubs.