Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-10-2020, 10:41 PM   #31
GCRXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Mustang SM17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATXR8 View Post
At least Ford can have limited / specials editions of the Mustang.

Holden can't.
Eeeeee,oooooohhhaa NASTY!! Love it!.
Old 13-10-2020, 10:58 AM   #32
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

https://www.carsales.com.au/editoria...-ta500-126753/

Another day another Mustang package, guess its better than nothing!

Wonder what Ford thinks of not getting in the act sooner for the AUS market, sure the R Spec is there but they went straight to the "high end" on that one but without it being as desirable as a GT500.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 10-07-2021, 10:24 AM   #33
ACTIV8

Interesting (albeit old) discussion...having swapped my GT-F for a Black SM17 with Brake & Exhaust upgrade, I can only say that this is the best and by far the quickest car that I've ever driven and I was very reluctant to take the step away from Aussie built Fords...best thing I've ever done and an absolute credit to Robbie, Chris, Ryan Story and the boys at Herrod who built this car with professional care expertise and pride.
ACTIV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 10-07-2021, 01:08 PM   #34
Rob 351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I looked over one of our car club members SM 17 in burgundy last weekend!
Absolutely stunning car and congratulations to you ACTIV8 for having one of these beasts in your possession.
Old 10-07-2021, 07:38 PM   #35
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACTIV8 View Post
Interesting (albeit old) discussion...having swapped my GT-F for a Black SM17 with Brake & Exhaust upgrade, I can only say that this is the best and by far the quickest car that I've ever driven and I was very reluctant to take the step away from Aussie built Fords...best thing I've ever done and an absolute credit to Robbie, Chris, Ryan Story and the boys at Herrod who built this car with professional care expertise and pride.
We need pics!!!
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 10-07-2021, 07:40 PM   #36
ACTIV8

Cheers buddy and like my GT-F was, this is my everyday driver...I like to fill every day with happiness!

Haven't seen one in Burgundy, most buyers seem to have stuck with the Red
2 users like this post:
Old 10-07-2021, 07:42 PM   #37
ACTIV8

OK that's a fair call...leave that with me.

The GT350 Brakes are pure jewellery.
3 users like this post:
Old 11-07-2021, 12:53 AM   #38
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Does it get the Torsen diff? I don't know if I'd swap a GTF for one but each to their own. I like Mustangs but don't really like the Getrag box on the standard Mustang. After getting the Mach 1, I can tell you the Tremec is a much better shift than the Getrag.

Be good if Herrod put a torsen in with the 3.73 gears for manuals.
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2021, 09:25 AM   #39
ACTIV8

No, standard diff...I hear you on the swaping a GT-F for it that was a really tough decision to make but there were a few things that swayed my decision.

Both were/are everyday drivers and how many klms do you put on a GT-F? I sold it with 101,500 on it.

I aslo sell these things and from my BF GT through my 5th Anniversay and the GT-F I think it helps to put your money where your mouth is and drive what you sell...I think that sets you apart as an enthusiast not just a salesman...it has definately made a difference, sometimes instantly in a discussion.

By far the biggest thing for me though was that I have a long family history of Speedway Racing, my Dad was racing in the 50's and he & I ran a 3 car team for 20 years.

Dad's race number was 59, my 3 cars were Black and the Numbers were 59, 5 & 9...this SM17 is Black Build Number 59 of 50, thanks to Robbie & Ryan, that pretty much brought a tear to my Dad's eyes and that for me makes it the right decision.
5 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2021, 09:09 PM   #40
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Fair enough. I have a connection to the GTF that borders illogical. Got 47,000 kms and countless track time with mine. Sees the track more than road use these days. Its a great car and also know the Mustang is a great car as well. I couldn't make that swap personally.

I'm surprised that Herrod went a standard diff. The SM17 is an amazing car on paper. I'd have bought one but for the Mach 1. That said, I still couldn't let go of my GTF.

Have you had a chance to drive a SM17 prior to purchase?
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post