Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 14-08-2011, 02:59 PM   #31
Sleeperau
Highway Taxi

Default Re: Changing Aerial

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
if you put your hand up above the ECU you will feel the cable coming in just follow it from there
I have the aerial fitted with the male plug I just can't find the female connector it plugs to
Old 15-08-2011, 04:51 PM   #32
Sleeperau
Highway Taxi

AHHH...finally,I knew I had the right cord but it would not pull out. I was going to unclip the ecu holder but one of the bolts had a pop rivot holding it in. In the end I did and found the suspected female connector jammed behind the ECU! I have no doubt that happened years ago when when put in the quick shift. Now onto the brake switch which I had to replace 3 years ago but is now not playing the game!!.......the fun of the AU
Old 15-08-2011, 09:08 PM   #33
HLC
Audi S3

I think my electric aerial is draining my battery, dont ask me how, but when i get the battery in the car with charge i hear this electrical humming noise which sounds a lot like the aerial trying to retract itself.

Is there a fuse or something that i can just unplug to kill it??? without having to peel back the guard and get my arm up inside to pull the plug????

Thanks!

^^^^^^^ tips on the brake switch too? mines had it!! Where do you buy them as well?