Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 27-07-2011, 04:41 PM   #1
aufreddy

Default gt40 manifolds

hi fellas want to pickya brains for a sec,am looking at a set of early gt40 racing tubular manifolds will they still be beneficial to my xr8 and will the torque be down low or in the high rev range? Freddy

aufreddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2011, 10:19 PM   #2
CRAIGAU3220
Cat be Still !!!

Default Re: gt40 manifolds

Hello Freddy, CFM flow and hp comparison between GT40 vs Your Explorer manifold are negligible and wouldn't be noticeable in the seat of the pants scheme of things so if you were to purchase the GT40 with expectations of gaining extra hp and torque you would be doing your hard earned but if you wanted it for the looks and can get one at the right price id say go for it. The GT40 upper will bolt straight on to your Explorer lower.

Cheers, Craig.
CRAIGAU3220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2011, 08:42 PM   #3
aufreddy

Gday Craig thanx for your reply,I wont go to the trouble of trying to get one from the states! Have you heard of a site called power plus they sell an intake like the typhoon what do you think,they look great they are polished aluminium and the torque range is from 1500-6500.Sent them an email today to get the dimensions of the manifold to make sure it fits under the bonnet,what are you using? Freddy
Old 29-07-2011, 10:06 PM   #4
CRAIGAU3220
Cat be Still !!!

As i said in your other thread, the Power Plus is a little rough on the finish side of things but it should give more in the upper rev range at the cost of some torque at the lower end unfortunately..........I'm running a stock Explorer with the Raptor Blower shoving the air down its throat.

Cheers, Craig.
CRAIGAU3220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2011, 05:38 PM   #5
ELGT4me
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wink Re: gt40 manifolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAIGAU3220
Hello Freddy, CFM flow and hp comparison between GT40 vs Your Explorer manifold are negligible and wouldn't be noticeable in the seat of the pants scheme of things so if you were to purchase the GT40 with expectations of gaining extra hp and torque you would be doing your hard earned but if you wanted it for the looks and can get one at the right price id say go for it. The GT40 upper will bolt straight on to your Explorer lower.

Cheers, Craig.
Hmm interesting, from what I understand, the GT 40 "tubular" can support 425 hp, the "Explorer" supports up to 400 hp. The "tubular" weighs 8lbs less than the "Explorer". The Explorer has slighty shorter intake runners to suit lower bonnet profile. The "Explorer" can be ported, & if done correctly will out flow/ perform the GT 40 "tubular". Bang for bucks is your call, but to me 8lb's less & room for 25 more hp, swings the "tubular" for me. You can also eliminate the narrow neck on the "tubular" & pick up more airflow. Compared to the Cobra & Explorer, the "tubular" or Lightning upper, does give away around 18 ft lb of torque.
ELGT4me is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2011, 12:24 PM   #6
aufreddy

Gday elgt4me are you saying the gt40 tubular wont fit under the bonett of an au2 xr8? Concerned Freddy