Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Old 02-01-2009, 01:09 PM   #1
BENXR6T

Default taking the pursuit racing

hey chris & the team

hope you guys had a merry christmas and happy new year

chris, after my accident in the pursuit and the well body being buggered, i'm building a custom alloy checkerplate tray with big tubs to fit some decent MT's under there

what i want some advice on is which route i should take with the ute, what to do with the motor and driveline. i want to race the ute in ANDRA super street meetings at the motorplex.

i'm hoping to achieve times between 11.8 - 12.3

i really would like to stay NA, as ive always has a thing for a tough NA BOSS 290.

would a cam, full exhaust, oil pump gears, underdrives, 4.11's, my BPR CAI, a stall ( wanting to sell my 6 speed box and put a 4 spd auto in ) and some decent MT's see me around my aim? i reckon it wouldnt be too far off.

also, for being competitive, do you think its a good idea to chuck the 4 speed auto with a stall in? i want to be as consistant as possible

thanks in advance,

ben

20" incubus rims
6 speed manual
BLUEPOWER CAI
twin 2.5" catback

more to come
BENXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2009, 01:46 PM   #2
AUSGTI
Das Auto Bitches!

ill swap you my 4speed for your 6speed
Old 02-01-2009, 02:08 PM   #3
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR XR
ill swap you my 4speed for your 6speed
Wish i had a 4 Speeder to swap.. want a T56 conversion bad..

Have fun Racing the Pursuit mate, im sure with the Combo you have mentioned you will get the times your after.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2009, 05:17 PM   #4
BENXR6T

i'd be interested in a swap plus cash difference...there are so many people after the 6 speed box.....

anyone reccomend what cams i should be using, or looking at?

20" incubus rims
6 speed manual
BLUEPOWER CAI
twin 2.5" catback

more to come
Old 02-01-2009, 05:23 PM   #5
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENXR6T
i'd be interested in a swap plus cash difference...there are so many people after the 6 speed box.....

I'd talk to chris but probably a Crow GTPX Camshaft set.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2009, 11:21 AM   #6
JAZZA315
Banned

Im sure Chris would reccomend one of his own/custom grinds before an off the shelf item.
JAZZA315 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2009, 09:49 PM   #7
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

Quote:

I ran 11.80's with standard cams and standard cam timing with my auto Pursuit.
All the usual bolt ons, full slicks too.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:13 AM   #8
BENXR6T

how much would i be looking at to change to a auto? the install? if i sold my 6 speed manual, then bought the auto, how much would i be looking at for the changeover?

20" incubus rims
6 speed manual
BLUEPOWER CAI
twin 2.5" catback

more to come
Old 05-01-2009, 09:28 AM   #9
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Hi Ben, hope you have been well.

I have found the 11 sec bracket to be a bit "too easy" with a stock unopened 290 auto - our only ever outing in race trim saw an 11.76 on an uncracked 290, even giving the rpm limiter a fair nudge...........

The REAL issue here is, what state do you want to leave your car in?????

are you wanting to leave your car in standard format, i.e GT brakes, stock suspension? if so thereby having like a 3000rpm converter which will be "much" nicer on the road??

OR

are you prepared to do a bit of "prep" - remove the pass seat, tailgate, part exhaust and run a bigger converter that wont be quite as user friendly on the road??

The first option with a good drag radial will see you within your 12.3, but i would guestimate that would be about "all it would have".

Upping the ante would see an 11.7 as a minumum, perhaps faster, but its up to you whether or not you can stand the pain of playing with the car so much.

Cams in the Boss will see you with maybe a tenth, probably not worth it unless a full twin TB setup as well to maximise everything.

Feel free to drop me a line to discuss if necessary.

Chris

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2009, 11:59 PM   #10
BENXR6T

im prepared to remove tailgate, passenger seat out, part exhaust.....i will be selling my PBR brakes too so i can chuck on a full set of weld drag rims too.

is it worth changing over to the auto? ive heard it a pretty big job, and pricey too, changing pedal box, computer etc? i think i may be better off whacking a tex clutch in along with a ripshifter, and seeing how consistant i can get.

20" incubus rims
6 speed manual
BLUEPOWER CAI
twin 2.5" catback

more to come
Old 07-01-2009, 12:43 PM   #11
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Quote:
im prepared to remove tailgate, passenger seat out, part exhaust.....i will be selling my PBR brakes too so i can chuck on a full set of weld drag rims too.

is it worth changing over to the auto? ive heard it a pretty big job, and pricey too, changing pedal box, computer etc? i think i may be better off whacking a tex clutch in along with a ripshifter, and seeing how consistant i can get.
id certainly try the manual first, Craig managed to run an 11.94 in the GT sedan, which would make maybe in a ute that can be launched a little harder an 11.8 maybe??

Yes, an auto conversion is a real ****er, best avoided coct wise.

Chris

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2009, 05:01 PM   #12
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

With the manual Ben you have to be prepared for alot more wear and tear on your car compared to running a auto, breakages will happen also look strengthening the rest of your driveline which will limit breakages to a minimum, launching a manual hard is real harsh but alot of fun when you start getting into the 1.7-1.6 60ft's.
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post