Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-04-2022, 09:38 AM   #4381
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Condolences to yourself, and his friends, family. May you live long lives.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 03-04-2022, 09:42 AM   #4382
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG17 View Post
My mate passed on in his sleep early this morning.
Feeling lost, devastated...
So sorry to hear about your loss, LG. It's always hard losing a mate.

If nothing else, what you're feeling is a reflection of your deep feeling for your mate. You're feeling of being lost and devastated is quite normal in these circumstances. Ensure you talk about this with your support network.

My condolences to you and your mate's family and friends.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 05-04-2022, 07:26 PM   #4383
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Running out of mower fuel at deep dusk with <40sqm to go.
Old 06-04-2022, 08:13 AM   #4384
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Don't you hate that.
Reminds me of the 80sqm job in Darkwood (Bellingen) NSW, my return being blocked by floodwaters for 10 days with 2sqm to finish.

Ended up returning from Victoria, 4 weeks later by 2 trains, owner picking me up from Urunga, drive out to the job complete walling and back on the afternoon XPT to Sydney following day XPT to Wangaratta.

Last edited by roKWiz; 06-04-2022 at 08:20 AM.
roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-04-2022, 10:46 AM   #4385
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
What's the saying about failing to plan?

Or maybe you are a better planner than we're giving you credit for.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 06-04-2022, 11:08 AM   #4386
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

More correctly, failing to remember that I can use my 50:1 trimmer fuel at a pinch.

Failing to plan, are the clowns up the back trying to pump a complicated second floor slab in heavy rain. They spent literally weeks in prep and are now guaranteed a poor result.
3 users like this post:
Old 06-04-2022, 04:13 PM   #4387
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
More correctly, failing to remember that I can use my 50:1 trimmer fuel at a pinch.

Failing to plan, are the clowns up the back trying to pump a complicated second floor slab in heavy rain. They spent literally weeks in prep and are now guaranteed a poor result.
When I had a house extension30 years ago with a slab concrete pour it was raining heavy on the day, I was horrified that the concrete pour was going ahead but was told concrete will push the water out of the trenches which it did and the finishing of the surface was very good. I was told they work out the concrete mix for the day and weather.
I was very surprised but the old Italian concreters sure knew what they were doing.
I'm still living in the same house without any effects to the concrete slab.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2022, 04:45 PM   #4388
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Yes, the concrete will have had accelerator added and pumped dry as possible. It’s level, but the rain negated any finishing after the bullfloat so it will be a bit chalky-soft on top when cured. Seriously complicated suspended slab for residential work; top/bottom steel, two stepped verandahs (one cantilevered) and multiple setdowns for wet areas with the usual desire to grade around floor wastes.
Old 06-04-2022, 05:40 PM   #4389
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yes, the concrete will have had accelerator added and pumped dry as possible. It’s level, but the rain negated any finishing after the bullfloat so it will be a bit chalky-soft on top when cured. Seriously complicated suspended slab for residential work; top/bottom steel, two stepped verandahs (one cantilevered) and multiple setdowns for wet areas with the usual desire to grade around floor wastes.
Yeah seen that.Worst case it has to be broken up and redone.Could have an inch of useless powder on the surface and no way of fixing
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2022, 07:10 PM   #4390
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
An employee at work once decided to top up the ride on mower from a 5 litre tin, you know the ones with the pop top spout on them. He didn't take any notice of "TWO STROKE" written all over it and poured it in without thought. She ran real smokey after that.

I say employee as a token gesture, he is a family member and was there to earn some extra cash. I watched him do the above biting my tongue, no win situation if I was the one to point out the mistake. Although I did show him where the correct jerry can was. I guess I should be pleased he didn't put petrol in the diesel tractor............
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2022, 07:18 PM   #4391
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

I despise laziness!

1. Hoses left like this look untidy
2. Hoses left like this are a trip hazard
3. Hoses left like this in the cooler months reduce their life. This is a BRAND NEW hose!
4. Hoses left like this is pure laziness and unfair to the next person who needs to use the hose.

Why is it so hard for people to just do their job properly? I may have had a little tantrum over this issue.
Mustang GT

3 users like this post:
Old 06-04-2022, 10:35 PM   #4392
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
I wish my neighbours would surrender their dogs. New one next door, big American Mastiff or something, 6.30 this morning, big woofs. Neighbour on the side, little black thing, yap yap all afternoon when they go out and lady at the back, some Samoi yapping dog the minute she leaves for work, finally stops about 10 o'clock.
My dog, not a peep out of her unless someone comes to the door. Even when we're out just lays around quietly (have cameras so can see what she gets up to).
So my new neighbour hasn't been home for over 48 hours.

My wife and I have made good friends with this poor old dog. I was a bit unsure at first leaning over the fence to pat him, hoping he wouldn't latch on and drag me over and eat me, he's a big boy. But no, begging for affection, loves getting his ears rubbed,. My Mrs feeds him dentines and pats him too.

He hardly barks any more except for a pesky cat. Had a look over the fence into the back yard, can see a big tub full of water, don't know about food, so put a cup of kibble over the fence, he ate it pretty quick.
If you're going to have a pet LOOK AFTER IT, really pishes me off, he's a beautiful dog.

If I see the owner I'll be asking him if we can look after it and walk it. It hasn't been out of the yard in a month.
Geez, I hate that.
Old 06-04-2022, 10:41 PM   #4393
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
I despise laziness!

1. Hoses left like this look untidy
2. Hoses left like this are a trip hazard
3. Hoses left like this in the cooler months reduce their life. This is a BRAND NEW hose!
4. Hoses left like this is pure laziness and unfair to the next person who needs to use the hose.

Why is it so hard for people to just do their job properly? I may have had a little tantrum over this issue.
Filling it completely with cement grout would sort them.
This user likes this post:
Old 08-04-2022, 08:16 PM   #4394
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

I am fed up to the back teeth with the amount of random numbers I'm getting called from lately. It's to the point where I have stopped answering my phone unless a known contact.

I'm also being spammed by pollies leaving political propaganda on my missed call service. Here's a tip, don't p--s people off with this sort of s--t and maybe I'll vote for you.

So over it, I'm on the brink of getting a new number. I just want to live my life without having the phone ringing constantly from people trying to scam me or wanting me to buy something. F--K O--
Mustang GT

2 users like this post:
Old 08-04-2022, 11:32 PM   #4395
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I am fed up to the back teeth with the amount of random numbers I'm getting called from lately. It's to the point where I have stopped answering my phone unless a known contact.

I'm also being spammed by pollies leaving political propaganda on my missed call service. Here's a tip, don't p--s people off with this sort of s--t and maybe I'll vote for you.

So over it, I'm on the brink of getting a new number. I just want to live my life without having the phone ringing constantly from people trying to scam me or wanting me to buy something. F--K O--
I dont answer unknown numbers full stop. Even as a work phone, my customers are instructed to tell anyone they hand my number to that their first contact needs to be by text.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 08-04-2022, 11:43 PM   #4396
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Whats up with uber? I was at a westfield the other day and needed a ride home which is 6 mins away.
First car gets to the carpark, drives in circles for 10 mins only to cancel.
Second car gets there and couldnt get his little brain to work out there was 2 carpark levels despite me messaging him EXACTLY where i was, he then proceeds to park 100m away waiting for me. I call the driver and give him a serve, he can see where i am on his map. I cancel, then am charged $10 for keeping him waiting for 7 mins lol.
By this stage i figure ill go out into the open, call a third car, wait 10 mins, he cancels too.
Seething, I walk 300m to another entrance where i find a cab, and get taken home by someone who can speak in sentences.
Uber then send me a message apologizing, giving me $10 credit, and i got back the $10 cancellation too. A 6 min ride took 50mins.Seriously, FK you uber.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 09-04-2022, 04:36 PM   #4397
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzvtil View Post
I dont answer unknown numbers full stop. Even as a work phone, my customers are instructed to tell anyone they hand my number to that their first contact needs to be by text.
Exactly, I don't answer unless known number is in my list of contacts, as for unknowns they can leave a message if it is important.
As of lately a lot of unknown number callers are coming up as spammers which my Telco service is providing to me.
My landline phone is always turned down with answering machine on which I only check once every day for legitimate callers.

Cheers
3 users like this post:
Old 09-04-2022, 07:07 PM   #4398
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzvtil View Post
Yep, basically have to screen all of my calls now. All of my private customers are saved as contacts, and anyone else who needs to get in contact with me will also have my email address. And even then, there is no real reason why my clients actually need to call me beyond a text message.

It's just such a waste of time though. I have had one supplier tell me he has to spend his whole day answering these sort of calls as he can not screen them out like me.
Mustang GT

Old 11-04-2022, 11:10 AM   #4399
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

This is a doozy. I just caught a Chinese peasant encouraging their grandchild to toilet in my front garden.

Definitely mainland Chinese, not Korean. Nosepick Inglis, of course. Tried to wave me away as if they were in control of everything.

A polite serve was administered. Next time, a bucket of water. This sort of conduct is an affront to all migrants who try to fit in.
5 users like this post:
Old 11-04-2022, 11:44 AM   #4400
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
This is a doozy. I just caught a Chinese peasant encouraging their grandchild to toilet in my front garden.

Definitely mainland Chinese, not Korean. Nosepick Inglis, of course. Tried to wave me away as if they were in control of everything.

A polite serve was administered. Next time, a bucket of water. This sort of conduct is an affront to all migrants who try to fit in.
CB I live on a road that heads out to Piha beach, out front of ours is the first bit of road where its convenient to pull over after 20 winding minutes we get all sorts of deposits from vomit to urine/turds mostly from said people but not always, if the wife hasn't gone Nato on them the garden hose works wonders just saying..
five 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 11-04-2022, 12:40 PM   #4401
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I can’t keep a hose out the front - it would get pinched in one go, not like the old days when they disappeared two inches at a time.
4 users like this post:
Old 11-04-2022, 12:45 PM   #4402
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
I can’t keep a hose out the front - it would get pinched in one go, not like the old days when they disappeared two inches at a time.
You reminded me of the time my mates mum asked why her hose gets cut everytime the house next door has a house party.....
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 11-04-2022, 02:10 PM   #4403
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:

Oh dear I'm gobsmacked on hearing this as I would have gone off my nut if it were me.
This reminds me off an incident in the 80's when I went to my work's loo whereby I opened the door and sprung one of our new immigrants squatting feet up on the bowl....
3 users like this post:
Old 11-04-2022, 02:57 PM   #4404
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh dear, whats with all that?

(pooing in front garden AND feet on the seat?!)
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2022, 03:30 PM   #4405
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well this thread just went down the toilet, lol.
Old 11-04-2022, 05:17 PM   #4406
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Been rattled all day, the garden fertiliser episode just notched it up a little.

This afternoon, sending two parcels express post - forgot to sign the airworthiness declaration on the interstate one. I guess that road freight to Adelaide will be a good week.
Old 11-04-2022, 05:54 PM   #4407
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

The rare occasion where I get a chance to have a little sleep in and the neighbors kids decide to play in their driveway, screaming and yelling preventing any such luxury of a sleep in.

I guess I should be lucking they didn't decide to urinate in my front yard.
Mustang GT

2 users like this post:
Old 11-04-2022, 06:55 PM   #4408
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The rare occasion where I get a chance to have a little sleep in and the neighbors kids decide to play in their driveway, screaming and yelling preventing any such luxury of a sleep in.

I guess I should be lucking they didn't decide to urinate in my front yard.
Or worse pooping.....Also try living on a road frequented by hordes of recreational cyclists in groups talking loudly/yelling to each other at six am every Sunday morning....
five 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-04-2022, 07:17 PM   #4409
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ah the joy of living on the road to one of the best beaches Auckland area can provide.
Old 11-04-2022, 07:28 PM   #4410
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
Or worse pooping.....Also try living on a road frequented by hordes of recreational cyclists in groups talking loudly/yelling to each other at six am every Sunday morning....
Are they the same type who ride side by side, making themselves vulnerable to passing traffic and spend more time chatting than actually concentrating on the exercise aspect?

(And before I get flamed, I am the son of an ex-cycling professional, this behavior irks him too.)
Mustang GT