The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 15-06-2011, 11:52 AM   #61
FreddyDUZ747
Banned

Thumbs up Re: FG Series II, When?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
FG is pretty much perfect as is, just needs a bit of a styling/equipment update.
Perfect cars dont rust within 6 months imo,hang on the rust would come under styling yeah

Seem sealer would be a good start on FG2
Old 15-06-2011, 11:52 AM   #62
XESP351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: FG Series II, When?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconXV
Also, it kind of irks me that FPV won't match the W427 even with the might of Prodrive. Falcon is plunging into mediocrity IMHO.
Have you driven a 335 GT and a W427 back to back?
Old 15-06-2011, 11:57 AM   #63
FreddyDUZ747
Banned

Smile Re: FG Series II, When?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XESP351
Have you driven a 335 GT and a W427 back to back?
Around the track the W427 will trounce it,it was built for track purposes far more than the FG s/c.I havent driven the W427 but its just common sense with the specs it carries.Those brakes are the bomb by all acounts.

Everyday driving back to back it balls down to your leigances/bias I guess(spelling?)

Back to the FG2,I just hope it has seam sealer
Old 15-06-2011, 12:27 PM   #64
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyDUZ747
Around the track the W427 will trounce it,it was built for track purposes far more than the FG s/c.I havent driven the W427 but its just common sense with the specs it carries.Those brakes are the bomb by all acounts.

Everyday driving back to back it balls down to your leigances/bias I guess(spelling?)

Back to the FG2,I just hope it has seam sealer
So using your common sense, which is quicker around the track a 230kw 2008 Nissan 350Z Track Coupe or a 317kw 2008 HSV GTS?
Old 15-06-2011, 01:09 PM   #65
FreddyDUZ747
Banned

Lightbulb Re: FG Series II, When?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
So using your common sense, which is quicker around the track a 230kw 2008 Nissan 350Z Track Coupe or a 317kw 2008 HSV GTS?
What track,that would be common sense to provide me with options/at least one and not a bias one for your precious 350 pos.

I pick High Speed Ring on Gran Turismo,hmmmm let me think.

You bored or something ya troll?Go for a drive and sit on 140 to make yourself feel better...

Another to the ignore list.

Edit:Seems you cant ignore a valued contributor,what a joke.
Old 15-06-2011, 02:53 PM   #66
redman

I have to say that wading through the plethora of negative posts in order to uncover the gems of information is getting to be a bit tedious.

Thankyou to those who have contributed in a positive vein.

I have to say that I am not so much waiting for FGII as compared to FG1.5 and the return of the LPG I6. The tidbits of information relating to this machine implies that it may actually 'change the game' and bring LPG to the masses.

My current charriot is an '08 eGas G6 and it does precisely what it was acquired to do; give me 500km for ~$40 - $45. I was really annoyed about the lack of traction control or LSD, but Ford fixed that in FG1.25. No good for me, but great for others. I have my own strategy for dealing with the spare tyre, but I am really looking forward to the Melbourne Motor Show to see the new FG1.5.

The real bonus for me is that the projected release for FGII is September / October which aligns neatly with lease replacement time, so I get the new injected LPG donk, (hopefully) a re-located spare, TC, DSC and any other goodies Ford happen to give the machine. Oh, happy days.

I suppose it explains why the nay-sayers are so intent on redirecting comment and discussion. The General and Tojo had nothing equivalent to the eGas G6 in 2008. Come late 2011, they look like missing out on my custom again.
Old 15-06-2011, 03:09 PM   #67
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
What track,that would be common sense to provide me with options/at least one and not a bias one for your precious 350 pos.

You bored or something ya troll?Go for a drive and sit on 140 to make yourself feel better...

Lol... Leave the Datsun alone sunny!!
Old 15-06-2011, 04:07 PM   #68
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Oh don't be like that Gilmore........

I was pointing to the only publised back to back comparison which was in Motor 2008 where despite the much lower power and much smaller wheels and brakes the lap times were identical. (and quicker than another marque).

Assuming that something is quicker than something else based on prejudice and paper specifications is not common sense, it is naivety......
Old 15-06-2011, 06:51 PM   #69
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by redman
I have to say that wading through the plethora of negative posts in order to uncover the gems of information is getting to be a bit tedious.

Thankyou to those who have contributed in a positive vein.

I have to say that I am not so much waiting for FGII as compared to FG1.5 and the return of the LPG I6. The tidbits of information relating to this machine implies that it may actually 'change the game' and bring LPG to the masses.

My current charriot is an '08 eGas G6 and it does precisely what it was acquired to do; give me 500km for ~$40 - $45. I was really annoyed about the lack of traction control or LSD, but Ford fixed that in FG1.25. No good for me, but great for others. I have my own strategy for dealing with the spare tyre, but I am really looking forward to the Melbourne Motor Show to see the new FG1.5.

The real bonus for me is that the projected release for FGII is September / October which aligns neatly with lease replacement time, so I get the new injected LPG donk, (hopefully) a re-located spare, TC, DSC and any other goodies Ford happen to give the machine. Oh, happy days.

I suppose it explains why the nay-sayers are so intent on redirecting comment and discussion. The General and Tojo had nothing equivalent to the eGas G6 in 2008. Come late 2011, they look like missing out on my custom again.
Yes, looking forward to see what the EcoLPI is like, should be faster, smoother, cheaper to run and have more boot-space. Cant argue with that!
Old 19-06-2011, 08:31 AM   #70
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

Was just digging up the regulations for the v8 ute series to give the link to Hulk BA. Was having a skim through the technical regulations and saw something interesting....
Quote:
The Ford FG/FH model built by an AV8UR Nominated Builder may be introduced during 2011 subject to the approval of CAMS.
Sounds like there is a possibility we wont be getting an FGII.

http://www.camsmanual.com.au/sportre...TechRegs-1.pdf
Page 29
Old 19-06-2011, 11:20 AM   #71
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

It would be suicide if it was merely a series 2 update. They may as well shutter the plant. The safe bet is a 'new' model.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Old 19-06-2011, 02:05 PM   #72
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
It would be suicide if it was merely a series 2 update. They may as well shutter the plant. The safe bet is a 'new' model.
A 'new' model like the BF?

Say what you will about the public, but that stupid they are not.
Old 19-06-2011, 05:44 PM   #73
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

Fords recent history with updates doesnt set any precedent to what this new model will be. You have to go back to EL when they last did a 2-3 year update by the book. Since then theres been AU2-3, BA2-BF-BF2 which IMO was one set of upgrades split up to extend the models lifespan. Holden's not going by the book either, theyre now calling the 2014 car VF but in 2006 that was going to be the 2008 car, and since then theyve gone through with a MY10 update and a series 2 update.
Old 19-06-2011, 06:07 PM   #74
nasss92

is there any rumours on the power outputs of the various models in the fg II (or equivalent model to be released in september/october), surely it would be easy n feasible to bump up the specs on the I6 barra and the coyote

na petrol I6's = +200kw n +400nm on 91 ron (it'd be stupid to have the liLPG to have better power n torque outputs than its petrol variant) ?
turbo I6's =+280kw n +540 nm ?
xr8 na ?? if and when released the coyote is 307kw n 530nm torque in na form (assuming they would use the coyote in stock na form, not excluding option to use the higher tuned roadrunner version of the coyote)

fpv have a big job on ther hands too justfying the various packages for f6, gs and gt options, if power outputs increase across the standard ford range logically these would increase too. Especially if the xr8 is thrown back into the mix, 4 different cars between 307 and 335 kw . im sure the great peopel in the various ford marketing teams would make it work though
Old 19-06-2011, 07:08 PM   #75
Bossxr8
Peter Car

I wouldn't expect any power upgrades anywhere in the range.
Old 19-06-2011, 07:32 PM   #76
SteveJH

I doubt they'd have any reason to do it, plus don't car's have to be sub 200kW to be P-plate legal?
Old 19-06-2011, 07:49 PM   #77
hy_boi
Alan! Alan! Alan!

What roll will this special edition Black FPV have on power and what not for the FPV range?
Old 19-06-2011, 08:30 PM   #78
nasss92

reason i suppose would be steady progression.. with improvements in technology cars have gotten more efficient at generating power and subsequently more powerful. it also has a factor in sales , "mine is bigger, better, more efficient, faster etc" has and will always be factors attributing to buying cars, in particular with such vehicles as the falcon. People(in particular us men) are easily swayed by common sense (buy the best performing one) and an ability for bragging rights, from the p-platers and first car buyers in the bottom of the range xt n xr6's all the way to the big bad gt335's n f6's (and in particular ensuring that ther is a dominance oover the likes of its historic rivals holden and its commodore (which is a pathetic excuse of a motorcar anyway)

stevejh - on the topic of p plate legal it is based on power/weight ratio n its 100kw per tonne if im not mistaken..

it definately isnt 200kw because the falcon (xt, xr6, g6, g6e) is around 205kw @ the fly on 98 ron, toyota aurion's around 205kw and the holden sv6 is 210kw or so and all are legal .... the nissan 350z, 370z and infinity & g variant are inclusively prohibited without an exemption in NSW. as are basically all flat 6 porsches, nissan nsx (i think) and the odd euro like the the c350 mercedez and bmw m3 (with relation to the previous e46 etc models which wer I6's )

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/...tions_dl1.html
thers the rta link

hy boi - what is this special edition Black fpv u mentioned?
Old 19-06-2011, 09:31 PM   #79
SteveJH

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasss92
hy boi - what is this special edition Black fpv u mentioned?
Here you go:
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11333286
Old 20-06-2011, 02:00 PM   #80
Buntz
Straight Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobes32
Quoted just to reinforce how true this is. For years people complained about the v8's performance and now we have the Miami and sales still aren't exactly stellar.......
This is true.

Unfortunately... I can only be a fan until I have worked my way up the career chain to be able to afford one. And I do want to own one.
Old 20-06-2011, 02:07 PM   #81
Buntz
Straight Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasss92
is there any rumours on the power outputs of the various models in the fg II (or equivalent model to be released in september/october), surely it would be easy n feasible to bump up the specs on the I6 barra and the coyote

na petrol I6's = +200kw n +400nm on 91 ron (it'd be stupid to have the liLPG to have better power n torque outputs than its petrol variant) ?
turbo I6's =+280kw n +540 nm ?
xr8 na ?? if and when released the coyote is 307kw n 530nm torque in na form (assuming they would use the coyote in stock na form, not excluding option to use the higher tuned roadrunner version of the coyote)

fpv have a big job on ther hands too justfying the various packages for f6, gs and gt options, if power outputs increase across the standard ford range logically these would increase too. Especially if the xr8 is thrown back into the mix, 4 different cars between 307 and 335 kw . im sure the great peopel in the various ford marketing teams would make it work though
When you want to promote a great alternative fuel engine.... it's not stupid at all.

EcoLPi is gonna be a winner for Ford.
Old 20-06-2011, 02:08 PM   #82
lukexr666

Every VE looks the same, despite minor cosmetics or close ups of interior, Ford should take a stand and bring out a whole new face, something that stands out from the crowd, exactly like the ba (love em) THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME. take a risk and make something brilliant i say.

QUAD PIPE EXTRACTORS
CUSTOM BONNET AND SHAKER
VCM SUITE SOFTWARE REPROGRAM
BLUE LED INTERIOR LIGHTING
LOVE MY CAR!
Old 20-06-2011, 06:41 PM   #83
Buntz
Straight Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukexr666
Every VE looks the same, despite minor cosmetics or close ups of interior, Ford should take a stand and bring out a whole new face, something that stands out from the crowd, exactly like the ba (love em) THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME. take a risk and make something brilliant i say.
Sounds like your willing to help Ford pay for it.

Shouldn't be more than 20 million or more I'd say.

I don't think any of us really understand how costly it is to do just the smallest things when making a car. And some of the thought that goes into the things we don't recognise, or can't even see.

And because Falcon is a local car, its a local budget whilst trying to stick it to the global competitors, and the VE which got twice FG's budget.

I'm personally impressed by how good the falcon is considering. And I personally like the contemporary, subtle, european styling... where it's not all shouty, and look at me. But something more understated and intelligent.

It's now more a car that someone like me wants. Except for the FPV models that aren't 'E' versions.
Old 20-06-2011, 07:28 PM   #84
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukexr666
Ford should take a stand and bring out a whole new face, something that stands out from the crowd
I have a feeling FGII will look like the new Territory. I can picture that front end on the Falcon, and it would look at least 5 kinds of awesome.
Old 22-06-2011, 07:32 PM   #85
Buntz
Straight Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Gossip is that front and rear bars will be new, interior trim updated, touch screen added, probably new wheels and colours.

Hopefully they will bring one into the plant so we can have a look at it soon.
Just a tighten up of the interior would good enough.
Old 22-06-2011, 08:27 PM   #86
Ryano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buntz93ED
When you want to promote a great alternative fuel engine.... it's not stupid at all.

EcoLPi is gonna be a winner for Ford.
will there also be a diesel in the front of a falcon on this next release???
Old 22-06-2011, 09:32 PM   #87
PoweredByCNG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Regarding the naming of the next Falcon, the FG was named after the now-departed Fairmont Ghia. It only makes sense that the next Falcon should be named the FL after the Fairlane.
Old 23-06-2011, 03:11 AM   #88
Bobman
Regulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoweredByCNG
Regarding the naming of the next Falcon, the FG was named after the now-departed Fairmont Ghia. It only makes sense that the next Falcon should be named the FL after the Fairlane.
Can see the anti-Ford guys calling it "FAIL". FGII sounds good enough to me.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Old 23-06-2011, 03:14 AM   #89
Zero_PSI
Banned

You know. People talking about all the minor things has kinda thrown me off...I wish I could just look at a car and think "that's nice" not.... "it doesn't have this or this".

******* Forums
Old 23-06-2011, 09:34 AM   #90
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nah..!! call it Taurus !!!!!!!