Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 28-10-2012, 03:17 PM   #2761
killsa
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hey guys im AK i hav a 2004 ford territory ghia. been saving up to slowly get some work done to it
killsa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2012, 07:04 PM   #2762
Meechie
Starter Motor

Red face Help Please :)

Hi everyone

I am new to this whole thing but i have a question to ask.
I have been looking at buying a 2003 BA XR8 with 57000kms on it for $11,000.
I know it has been well looked after as it is my sister inlaws was just wondering if there is any issues with this model as i have never really had anything to do with fords.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Meechie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2012, 07:22 PM   #2763
Wanna be phase4
Starter Motor

G'Day Everone
I'm Wayne 52 yrs old owned fords all my driving life since my XL Falcon station deliver at 16 currently own a Yellow Glow XA GT , having been with us for the last 25 yrs or so It's been our family car ,brought 3 of my 4 kids home from hospital after birth,now doesn't get out too much but still gives me the same excitment & feeling of pride each time I drive it
Wanna be phase4 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2012, 11:52 PM   #2764
BSK62
Starter Motor

G'day ford people of the ether, a ouick hello and a question .

I have just bought an AU XR8 Ute and was wondering whether there is a brake upgrade for this model and if so, how does find out about how one can get their hands on a set.

BSK62 here ( a bloke grey hair and all!!)
BSK62 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2012, 10:51 AM   #2765
turbo au2
Starter Motor

hello hello

Im tim a happy ford owner i have a au xr6 vct going to do a few big mods prety sure yous guys have the good advice.
turbo au2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #2766
Ghost09
Starter Motor

Hey guys and girls,

Im Bill... i have bled blue blood sinse i was born (most likely cause i was born in a F100 with 351 lol) aways been into drags and as od 22nd of Nov 2012 i will b building a EL XR8 drift car... sick of tuners lol... other than that i own a 2002 falcon XT lowered, cai, fpv rims... havent spent much money on it as i want to spend it allon the V8.... looking forward to talkin to u guys.
Ghost09 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2012, 09:04 AM   #2767
blueovalfan.com
Starter Motor

Hi Guys & Girls,

I'm Paul from Ipswich, the undisputed rev head capital of Australia, and the scene of many a Ford/Holden battle, some of them at Willowbank raceway but most of them up and down the main street of town! I've owned several Fords over the years but would like another one. Preferably a Mustang Boss 302 imported from the US . I hold a trademark license with Ford Motor Company to manufacture jewellery inspired by Ford brands and logos. I'm always open to ideas of new styles of Ford jewellery so feel free to contact me with any suggestions. It's hard work and very challenging but never boring!

Cheers
Paul
Attached Images
File Type: jpg frbo-xr6a.jpg (44.4 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg fordv8ring-1.jpg (97.4 KB, 71 views)
Old 30-10-2012, 10:11 AM   #2768
Corzza

Welcome newbies!

Plenty to learn on here, take the time to use the search button and many questions will be answered.

@ Paul, that looks wicked!

Race 2 Clipsal 500 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NOZvWBp4Eo

"I plucked her into first, gave it some jandal and F@#$ Yeah!" - Scott McLaughlin
Corzza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2012, 10:14 AM   #2769
blueovalfan.com
Starter Motor

Thanks, they have all been designed in CAD.
Old 30-10-2012, 12:40 PM   #2770
huntabid
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

HI To All real name is Dennis and live in S.A far north my ride is a Ford BA LTD V8 ..........................................
huntabid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2012, 01:03 PM   #2771
2012GTLOVER

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi guys im new to this forum and only 14 lol but i love fords and fpvs especially the new GT as soon as i can afford it i want to get one! i love the sound,power and overall pressance of this car on the road. for my first car i want to get a bf falcon xls ute running on lpg.
2012GTLOVER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2012, 05:55 PM   #2772
qld_falcon_girl
Starter Motor

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hey guys & girls!
I'm a newbie on this forum and I thought I'd introduce myself.

I have an '05 Falcon BA XT MKII, white with about 130,000 on the clock. She does well as my family car and pulls the horse float with no issues when we head out and about.

One of these days I'll upgrade to either a Territory or I'll bite the bullet and kit myself out with a Nissan Patrol for the extra rooms and pulling power.

Otherwise, I've got an 8 yr old son, a border collie, 4 cats, 2 horses and a raving horde of chickens who are hell bent on destruction

Catcha later
qld_falcon_girl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2012, 07:01 PM   #2773
2012GTLOVER

hi falcon girl i can relate i got 2 younger sisters that want to destroy my life lol but i love them still.
Old 30-10-2012, 07:03 PM   #2774
2012GTLOVER

hi paul where can i get a ring and how much?
Old 31-10-2012, 12:53 PM   #2775
Chuckeee85
Starter Motor

Cool Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hey Everyone,

im new to the Forums, first post/reply... I have BF XR6 with the ZF Tranny in Squeeze, which im doing a few mods too (slowly, thanks a lot wedding!!! LMAO), the current one is getting the XR8 Snorkel on the air box, upgraded filter and what not.

I couldnt see a thread with an updated cost of the part, some threads range from $80-$100 for the snorkel alone, SO I thought id let you all know, that i called Ford in Mitchell ACT this morning, and they told me the BF XR8 Snorkel is $61.90 retail.

pretty cheap, cheaper than most EBay listings ive seen so i have ordered it.

other things so far on the car, cat back XR6T exhaust, 19in ROH Flare rims, full Alpine Stereo off 5 chanel AMP... soon to come is the Air Box, Underdrive Kit, Headers and Cat. then ill get a tune at Gentech. really love these cars, so much potential without spending thousands and thousands.
Chuckeee85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2012, 03:22 PM   #2776
85frod
Starter Motor

Hello to all you ford lovers out there,
I joined AFF a while back and have been a bit slack in posting my first thread, but they say better late than never.
I have recently completed two projects in the build and have learned a wealth of knowledge which might assist other members who are building or planning to build similar projects.
The first ride is a 1985 lwb f100 which was converted from a six pot to a big block 460, c6 and 9 ich. The effy was also lowered 7 inches using dream beams and wears a nice custom paint job .

The second ride is a 1984 xe fairmont which i found on car sales.
The car had a genuine 28000 kms on the clock, had been garaged for 26 years and had never been in the rain .What a find!!! I paid good money for the car, but what a perfect way to start.
The car is running a tough 460, power glide and 9 inch.
We also fitted rrs suspension, rack and pinion and tower notching kit.
A custom set of 4 into 1 pipes were fabbed running 2 1/4 primaries into a 4 inch collector. The tower notch kit makes life a lot easier. You gain 5 inches of room each side.

I will atatch some pics in the next few days.
85frod is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2012, 05:59 PM   #2777
Rompers

Hi All.

Stumbled across the forum while looking for some audio options for the stock BA Fairmont (2003) I inherited from my wife, this was after we traded my CL Focus (2003) for a nice new Golf for the wife to drive.

The Fairmont at least has the premium audio system installed (we are the only owners and had it put in when we bought it).

The Fairmont will only be really be used for running about (including picking up the kids) and for me to go to work in. My preferred weekender only has 2 wheels (2002 Kawasaki ZX6R) however kids really do impact the amount of riding I get to do.

Anyways, hello to all and I'll raise my questions in the relevant parts of the forum, but I'm open to options for just about anything.
Rompers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2012, 09:14 PM   #2778
deniz1
Starter Motor

Default Hi all fordies

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
Howdy all Newbies!

Welcome to Fordforums.com.au

: : : : :

: : :nutsycuck : :
Hi All,
Been a dedicated ford guy for 30 years, but my latest bf2 ghia has had nothing but problems since 2008. Convinced that it is a lemon. Can anyone help me with a climate control issue. I have checked the basics like connectors, fuses etc with no luck. On the ICC the re-circulation indicator flashes 6 times than goes solid. I cant find any codes for it, and what it actually means. I cannot turn on heating or cooling, only the rear demister
deniz1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2012, 08:45 AM   #2779
Ford convert
Starter Motor

Hi I'm a Ford convert,with the purchases of 2007 BF Fairmont Ghia mk2 with only 43,000 on the clock I have many plans for the car first up a set of fpv 19inch dark argent shadow chrome wheels & into pedders to have it lowered all this weekend.I will post some before & after pics.
Ford convert is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2012, 03:46 PM   #2780
deniz1
Starter Motor

I hope that yours turns out better than mine, now i have the dreaded ECT up again, driving to work this morning
deniz1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2012, 07:49 PM   #2781
raymondoson
Starter Motor

hi ford lovers from raymondoson
2005 ford 6cyl ba sr
finally solved my 2005 ba run like crap mystery , yep you guessed it a rusted out fuel rail.
in my opinion if your 2005 or even later don't bother with injectors being the problem or the like , just remove the fuel rail , clean the entire fuel system (including those injectors) ditch it and put in a new one because when they rust out from the inside all the crap heads straight for the injectors and clogs em up and possibly does damage.
fuel injection systems same as diesel systems must be pristine clean otherwise they run like crap.
common rail diesel systems if fail just head straight for the bank manager to pay off the loan you need to fix it !!
i have read what everbody has to say with quick fixes but the only way is to strip it and see for yourself !!
remember back to basics will generally reveal most issues
the follwing pics will shock you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1766.jpg (5.0 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1767.jpg (5.3 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1768.jpg (4.7 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1769.jpg (4.6 KB, 72 views)
raymondoson is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2012, 02:36 PM   #2782
raymondoson
Starter Motor

just purchased a second hand stainless steel fuel rail from wreckers , is in beautiful condition , was off a territory (has same engine) , when my wife bought it home i kissed it knowing it was stainless steel !! , the young wrecker guy could not tell the difference between mild steel and stainless.
also came with fuel regulator and all hoses , apparentley ford new they had a major problem with this item and had later ones made of stainless steel.
the aftermarket aluminium ones require a seperate regulator and costs start to mount up.
got this beauty for $95 and no more rust problems !!
raymondoson is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2012, 09:25 PM   #2783
peteramc@bigpon
Starter Motor

Hi,

My name is Peter and I have been watching this site for some time. My cars are Ford Bronco, Falcon BF wagon and Falcon au3 xr8. I will attach some pics of Bronco and XR8. Interseted to hear from anyone looking for a Bronco and also Premium Brakes for XR8 Series 3.
Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg resize 1.jpg (57.5 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg resize 2.jpg (110.2 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg cp4982994652077549897.jpg (80.3 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg cp4890034326254304120.jpg (42.9 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg cp5338492975460828915.jpg (55.4 KB, 72 views)
peteramc@bigpon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2012, 08:57 AM   #2784
peterjylee
Starter Motor

Post Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hello guys
My one ford falcon ute2006 bf LPG.
She is getting make problem now:(
I am senior mechanic so i d like to check
Common problems and share with guys.
Beautiful guide and forums.
Thanks in advance
peterjylee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2012, 11:56 AM   #2785
mrgtp69
Starter Motor

hi guys im new to this site , i own a xr6t ute love fords!!!
mrgtp69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2012, 01:36 PM   #2786
fifthflo
Banned

Hi,

Obviously I'm new here, I'm trying to sell my falcon, 97 model for cheap!
fifthflo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2012, 01:48 PM   #2787
ModularXMute

Hi to all. Been a member for a while but haven't spent much time here! Thought I'd say g'day. I'm a ford man and love all kinds, I just sold my neat 81' 351/c6/9" bronco,
Currently building, as in my name, xm falcon ute with a 3v '02 fairmont mod motor and 4 speed borgy and custom shortened 9". Looking for cheap, used, 28spline open 9" centre approx 3.5 ratio if anyone got one round brissy! Catch yas, kadoss.
ModularXMute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2012, 02:58 PM   #2788
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

Guys - AFF does have a for sales section. It is provided as a service to members who contribute to the site, and becomes available for selling once the user has made a contribution to the site of a certain number of posts.
Welcome to the site, & enjoy your stay..
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2012, 03:11 PM   #2789
ModularXMute

Cheers wulos, thought I'd chuck in the 9" thing :-) yeah I will be keeping an eye on the sales yard, is there a way I can say 'tag 9" so I know if stuff goes up?? Cheers and great site!!
ModularXMute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2012, 07:10 PM   #2790
BF-XT
Just Cruisin

Was here before under a different name but had a lot of trouble with my account not working hence the new account.
07 BF MKII Sedan, Lightening Strike, 17" G6 alloys.
BF-XT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post