Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 22-08-2012, 05:00 PM   #1
phillza
Starter Motor

Default ford falcon keys

Hey so i only have 1 working key for my ford falcon 2001 (au 2) and apparently because i dont have another one its gonna cost me around $600 to get my whole alarm system redone with 2 keys. Is this the only way i can get another key? or is this guy pulling my leg?

phillza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2012, 05:12 PM   #2
Kayos
Lag = hang onto something

Default Re: ford falcon keys

Nah I don't think so, you can program a new key to the car.. i had this done to my AU years ago, you can do it yourself if you get a key (instructions provided) jump on ebay mate (Ford AU key) and email a bloke who's sold heaps and has 100% feedback, shouldn't go wrong mate. And when it all goes well call this other bloke back.
Kayos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2012, 05:32 PM   #3
my67xr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: This contribution: 04 SX TX AWD, drama's replacing upper outer joints w/Nolathane replacements 

being a Series 2, you will need to have a Ford dealer program your new transponder key,
or find a locksmith that can program or clone it.

replacement keys are available on ebay for about $20 for a standard one
coding costs around $55-$100 depending on where you go,
some locksmiths will cut the key for whatever $$ and code it for free, some Mister Minute stores, i've heard?
ring around...

click below to view my build threads
67 XR Fairmont
04 SX TX Territory AWD

my67xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2012, 10:21 PM   #4
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Have moved thread to the appropriate section where more members will be able to provide advise.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post