Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 20-01-2005, 12:38 AM   #1
b2tf
not here much anymore

Default Megadeth: The System Has Failed - who has it?

Im in the process of downloading it (dont start one me for it), and every time i try to download 'Back In The Day', the file wont work in Windows Media Player.

Has anyone got it, and can send it to me via MSN?
Old 20-01-2005, 06:20 PM   #2
Paris Hilton
Custom User Title

I find that Windows Media Player doesn't like to work with many of my mp3's...Winamp plays them fine
Paris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2005, 06:24 PM   #3
b2tf
not here much anymore

Yeah, I'm not sure what's going on, Ive downloaded all the other tracks in mp3 form and they play fine, but 'back In The Day' just never ever works for some reason, i think the file itself might not be right or something and its the only version available on limewire.
Old 20-01-2005, 06:40 PM   #4
loxxr6
XB in parts...

I think they kind of fell of the tracks once Euthanasia was released...and when Mustaine stopped the booze too.

Musicians work best whilst under the influence - drugs or booze it doesn't matter.

I do have a concert of theirs on mp3 thats pretty cool. It does have newer tracks but suprisingly its not too bad.

I'll have to check out this new one ur talking about anyway....

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2005, 06:56 PM   #5
b2tf
not here much anymore

loxx,

this is the first Megadeth album i have ever listened to - so its all new to me. Chris Poland is a bloody good guitarist though, and ive heard a few of his solo albums, so i sorta had an idea of what to expect.

The System Has Failed is a pretty good album, but im probably not qualified to comment on it in relation any of Megadeth's other stuff.
Old 20-01-2005, 07:02 PM   #6
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Get Countdown to Extinction, Rust In Peace, Peace Sells..but Who's buying and So Far so Good so What and Euthanasia in the order. The first album isn't that fantastic. These are the ones I have and they're decent. Killer leads in Rust in Peace with Hangar 18...love it. The newer from what I hear are hit and miss.

http://www.megadeth.com/index.php?section=discography

Let me know what you think of the ones I mentioned....

Old 20-01-2005, 10:06 PM   #7
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Rust In Peace, Peace Sells.. is the stuff.
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2005, 10:06 PM   #8
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

I have everything that megadeth has ever released - as well as some of the rarer hard to get stuff.
IMO this last album is a little mediocre, though it DEFINITELY has some merit to it. Most of the stuff was prepared back in the Rust in Peace Days, hence the similar sound.
As the band (for the system album release) has a new member, & still finding each other out, the timing feels to be out somewhat(a little slower then early stuff, & 2 lead guitars a bit out of synch) to their earlier releases.
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2005, 10:14 PM   #9
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Yeah? I know Dave reckoned he was bringing back some of the older sound, but I don't remember reading that any of it was done around the RIP album days... Chris is indeed a wicked guitarist, nice to see him back on a Megadeth recording, and a shame he couldn't hang around.
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2005, 10:49 PM   #10
b2tf
not here much anymore

ah yeah, so does anyone have this song? hehehehe
Old 20-01-2005, 10:51 PM   #11
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

I have it, when you online, whats your msn addy
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2005, 10:52 PM   #12
b2tf
not here much anymore

CHEERS, im online now, my MSN is austin_joefus@hotmail.com.

Thanks, i owe you one.
Old 20-01-2005, 10:59 PM   #13
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

BTW, all the above mentioned albums are awesome, new one whilst little bit raw (new members, dave recovering from his paralysis) is still very good. That said, still along way from Angry Again days.
Quote:
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Old 20-01-2005, 11:11 PM   #14
eb_5litre
It'll Buff Out.

Ive always enjoyed all their music but have yet to hear a song that tops Holy Wars..... damn what a song.

Last edited by eb_5litre; 20-01-2005 at 11:13 PM.
eb_5litre is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2005, 11:20 PM   #15
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Ive always enjoyed all their music but have yet to hear a song that tops Holy Wars..... damn what a song.

For sure. Its up there with their better tracks. Hangar 18 rocks, Symphony of destruction is awesome too.

If some of the new tracks were made around Rust In Peace's time then this new album may be worth a listen.

What happened with Mustaine and the paralysis ? Whats the story there ?

Old 20-01-2005, 11:25 PM   #16
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

he lost control of his hand iirc, and they thought he'd never be able to play again, after alot of recovery work, he is able to play again, and so, Megadeth was reformed.
Quote:
Old 21-01-2005, 05:43 PM   #17
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

The songs were written etc back in the RIP days, not actually recorded though.
IMO - the best of their stuff was when Marty Friedman was still there. Countdown to Extinction would have to rate personally as their best ever album(have a copy in the car stacker & home stacker almost without fail)
The timing between Friedman & Mustaine was absolutely amazing. Since Friedmans departure a lot of the quicker / harder to play stuff was dropped from their live performances(and recordings). Will be interesting to see if they ever get back to this standard. I certainly hope they do. They are currently on tour in Europe, which is a bit suprising considering their largest fan base outside of the US was in Japan. Hopefully they'll tour Australia again.
Old 21-01-2005, 09:57 PM   #18
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Hopefully they'll tour Australia again.

They've only come out once haven't they ? Just a few years back ? I missed them then.

I think around the Countdown album (94ish?) they were due but Mustaine whinged as being sick so cancelled the tour.

Its a bit poor.

Old 21-01-2005, 10:04 PM   #19
wulos
Forum Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by loxxr6
Hopefully they'll tour Australia again.

They've only come out once haven't they ? Just a few years back ? I missed them then.

Its a bit poor.
They've toured a few times - the last time was 2001, a coupla months prior to the breakup. Saw em @ the Enmore Theatre in Sydney, great memories...
Old 21-01-2005, 11:54 PM   #20
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

Megadeth are finished. The material for the new album system has failed is just stuff that they had written and hadnt released. Dave figured it was better off getting released. Even dave ellefson didnt return for this album. The two daves have been the only constant in megadeth's lifetime.

I also have everything they have released with the exception of the last album. Plus alot of rare stuff same as wulos. I like countdown, euthanasia, rust in peace are standouts.

Do yourself a favour and download angry again. Awesome song. One of their best ever.
Black XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2005, 11:58 PM   #21
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

They also toured in 91 iirc.

He injured his hand sleeping on it believe it or not. At the time it was reported he injured it whilst skiing. But in actual fact from dave himself he said he slept on it and stuffed it up. And that was the end of that. As i said above. This material is the last of the last. The current lineup only formed to get this material out.

They are touring in the US, at present. Then will head to other parts of the world. I expect they will probably finish in Japan as the last concert as they are huge there. Not sure if they are coming to aus but i hope so.
Black XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post