Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > F6 Owners Club of Australia

Old 24-07-2011, 09:16 AM   #1
Biggie86
F6TyphoonBigs86

Default F6TyphoonBigs86

Hi Guys.

I'm very new to ford forum and i have just purchased a 05 mk11 f6 typhoon 6sp man and i have a couple of questions... it is stock besides SS induction with dragon filter and a 2 1/2 twin system cat back, I live in brisbane and im looking for a good performance shop to get some power upgrades if anyone has any suggestions. Now since i have picked this car up I have notice when pulling of and reversing i am hearing a slight click noise in the rear end sounds like suspension but i thought maybe its a common noise that someone can point me in the right direction and also when under load with a full car load i felt a slight vibration in the rear end if anyone could help me with these question i would greatly appriciate it

thanks in advance

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 005 - Copy.JPG (132.9 KB, 129 views)
Biggie86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2011, 10:56 AM   #2
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: F6TyphoonBigs86

The vibration and noise from the rear end are likely to be one of the rear suspension bushes - in terms of a good shop you could look at Elite (one of our site sponsors).

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2011, 05:22 AM   #3
FORCED F6
VIC The Place to Boost

Rear bushes, common problem with these... However a click noise when reversing could also be another problem which I cant think what the problem could be right now, but I remember a similair issue like that with the BA MKII XR6 I had (will get back to you on that).
Also, welcome to the forums...
Old 26-07-2011, 04:06 PM   #4
Biggie86
F6TyphoonBigs86

Hey thanks heaps guys someone told me my rear hub bushes needed replacing so that might take car of the click noise im getting and I herd there is a rear hine or hind bush that is common to go on these..... loving this forum you guys are so helpful on here... I have another question do you guys organise cruise days here and if so when would be the next one in brisbane and for future reference do i look on the forum or is there another section i look for cruise events

thanks again
Biggie86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2011, 01:36 PM   #5
Fordlover1313
Banned

Very nice looking car
Fordlover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2011, 10:12 PM   #6
Blem
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Click is less a problem than a clunk, if you know what I mean.
Being a manual it's harder on diff rubbers etc.
Get under it & have a look.
If its only a rubber problem be sure to understand that if you go for harder aftermarket bushes you WILL have much more noise from the diff.
Blem is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post