Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 04-08-2019, 04:52 PM   #1
mondeomatureguy

Default My Mondeo is a Freak!

Hi Folks,
My first time here at this Ford Forum and a big hello to you all.
My wife and I brought a MC Ford Mondeo Hatchback 2.3 litre Zetec Engine Petrol new back in 2011.

we have driven a lot of Highway travel in the Mondeo been to Adelaide and back to NSW and it goes like a train still.
Its done now 289,228 ks and I've had the Brake Rotors and pads replaced, had a new battery 5 years ago fitted, new tyres, have replaced the Coolant Reservoir replaced a few months ago due to a leak and the spark plugs replaced.

Have had it serviced on time and got the transmission serviced again this year.

I have read some bad reports on the Ford Mondeo but mines just been a perfect car and my mechanic calls it a Freak.

cheers
mondeomatureguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 05-08-2019, 03:45 AM   #2
Venomous1
5.0 means business

Default Re: My Mondeo is a Freak!

I think for all the hate Mondeo gets it's sad and not really warranted they are great cars it's just that in Australia we had one better the Falcon but the Mondeo is still a great Ford!
This user likes this post:
Old 05-08-2019, 09:47 AM   #3
mondeomatureguy

Hi Venomous 1,
It a shame more Mondeo's weren't sold in Australia.
I know they sold well in the UK.

The early model Mondeo's were rubbish and Ford went back to the drawing board and started all over again. By the time they got to the MC Mondeo they had fixed all of the problems (most of them anyway).

I love the cars you have nice range.

cheers mate.
mondeomatureguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2019, 03:21 AM   #4
Venomous1
5.0 means business

I really like the ST 220 that was available in the UK.