Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 06-01-2011, 07:27 PM   #1
4ford

Default Series 2/3 PBR Front Brake calipers

Guys...

I recently changed my S2 sedan brake master cylinder for a replacement new item (easiest replacement m/cylinder job I've ever done!), because of ongoing front brake heating problems.

Well, that wasn't the whole problem, both front brakes were also dragging, which was why I changed the m/cylinder in the first place.

Thinking the problem was then the slides binding, I removed both front calipers, only to find one of the pistons in each caliper was frozen, guess I should have checked first! (Well done that man with that advise I should have taken!).

Anyway, the point of all this is, after phoning around looking for some recon calipers, and not locating any, I called my local Repco branch to see what they had...well, surprisingly the guy there said they had some (a pair) of suitable calipers, brand new PBR ones, that were going out for.....$25 each side!!! (Yes that's right..just $25 per side, brand new, some sort of 'clearance' deal!)
Needless to say, I got down there asap!

So, if you're in the market, or will be soon, it may pay to check with your local Repco branch, because they are normally around $175 each side.

Yep, I got 'em home and they look great, although I will need to transfer over my original slides, so I also got some rubber lube and replacement crush washers for the hose connections, amounting to around $6!

A good day for bargains...check 'em out!

Now all I have to done is fit them tomorrow!

4ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2011, 09:17 PM   #2
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well done mate, its not often you get a bargain like that.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2011, 10:29 PM   #3
Boza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

damn thats cheap
Boza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2011, 10:42 PM   #4
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ford
Guys...

I recently changed my S2 sedan brake master cylinder for a replacement new item (easiest replacement m/cylinder job I've ever done!), because of ongoing front brake heating problems.

Well, that wasn't the whole problem, both front brakes were also dragging, which was why I changed the m/cylinder in the first place.

Thinking the problem was then the slides binding, I removed both front calipers, only to find one of the pistons in each caliper was frozen, guess I should have checked first! (Well done that man with that advise I should have taken!).

Anyway, the point of all this is, after phoning around looking for some recon calipers, and not locating any, I called my local Repco branch to see what they had...well, surprisingly the guy there said they had some (a pair) of suitable calipers, brand new PBR ones, that were going out for.....$25 each side!!! (Yes that's right..just $25 per side, brand new, some sort of 'clearance' deal!)
Needless to say, I got down there asap!

So, if you're in the market, or will be soon, it may pay to check with your local Repco branch, because they are normally around $175 each side.

Yep, I got 'em home and they look great, although I will need to transfer over my original slides, so I also got some rubber lube and replacement crush washers for the hose connections, amounting to around $6!

A good day for bargains...check 'em out!

Now all I have to done is fit them tomorrow!
Glad that worked out well - the cost of the callipers is less than the calliper kit (but you already knwo that)!

Well done on a good deal - let us know how your brakes are now that they are effectively all new.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2011, 11:23 PM   #5
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

That's a killer deal, well done!
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post