Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-01-2012, 10:00 AM   #61
ClassicServicin
1967 Flashback

Default Re: Outstanding service!!

about time someone is out there trying to help others and not in it for them selves! well done.
ClassicServicin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2012, 12:49 PM   #62
Christov

FTG Autosalvage in Ferntree Gully, Victoria.

Supplied and custom modified my FG XR8 CAI for my XR6 n/a.

Even re-moulded part of it and re-fitted it for free when I was complaining about a tiny bit of piping contact with a hose in the engine bay!

Well done guys!

PW Stage 1 Intercooler
Plazmaman Piping
Plazmaman Turbo Side Intake
Hybrid turbo
- GTX3582r 61.3mm 11 blade billet wheel
- 38mm porting and wastegate flapper
- 11psi turbosmart actuator
Venom high flow cat and cat pipe
Middle muffler delete
3.46 Differential Ratio
ID1000 Injectors
Walboro 460 intank

360rwkw @ 16psi
12.17 @ 118mph with valve float on old tune and 18psi with a crap turbo and a 66mm wheel
Christov is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2012, 04:35 PM   #63
ClassicServicin
1967 Flashback

i would boast about my own company, but i cant :S
ClassicServicin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2012, 12:58 AM   #64
fpv51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christov
FTG Autosalvage in Ferntree Gully, Victoria.

Supplied and custom modified my FG XR8 CAI for my XR6 n/a.

Even re-moulded part of it and re-fitted it for free when I was complaining about a tiny bit of piping contact with a hose in the engine bay!

Well done guys!
I have to agree Chris from ftg went out of his way to help me with some seats and even helped me with delivery.
I can honestly give ftg 10/10 for service and communication.
Old 19-03-2012, 09:57 PM   #65
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Had a very pleasant experience today with the 30,000km service on my FG XR50 at Sunbury Ford. Amongst the usual things done, the handbrake was tightened (which I use all the time being a manual) , tyres blackened (must admit I did drive on a dusty dirt road yesterday), car cleaned, couldnt find anything amiss when I got home, the cost was $162 plus the oil which I supplied. Car feels much better for it, plus Dave the service consultant there is a pleasant guy to talk to about things.

A lot different experience compared to my wifes VW Polo which was serviced late last year at a VW dealership, the work done at that service was about the same as what was done today on the FG, but with oil, the cost was $500. I feel ripped off each time that car is serviced, they even told me the wipers needed replacing for $95, which I actually replaced myself about 6 months ago for around $70. They also wanted to replace the brake fluid which was replaced 12 months ago at that place. Dont they have computer records?

Far happier with Ford servicing compared to VW.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2012, 12:26 AM   #66
Brisxr6t
Brisxr6t

Jax Quickfit at Capalaba, QLD. The guys have been awesome there, helped me with everything from tractor tires to fitting drag radials. All done at prices no one else matched. Definitely worth looking at if ur in the area and needing something done!
Old 08-09-2012, 12:51 AM   #67
Buntz
Straight Eight

Like I posted in my thread about my new car. Got a transmission oil cooler fitted to my BA a week ago. Only to discover yesterday that trans oil was leaking down the onto the ground from the right hand front bumper inside.

Took it down to Geographe Ford in Busselton. And they immediately, and I do mean immediately got it in the workshop and fixed the problem in about 45 mins. My problem was their priority. A hose clamp had a "sharp edge" and cut into the hose when it expanded and became softer when hot. So he shortened the hose, fitted a new clamp and topped it up with oil. No charge of course. And these thing happen. Didn't want it to happen in the first place, but I can't argue with how they went about resolving it. It was not put off or booked in, it was priority one.

And hey... this is probably SOP. But that can vary with dealers.

So well done Geographe Ford.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:24 PM   #68
kosij123

Dave from Rvo automatics & performance!

I purchased a built btr 4spd with a 2800rpm stally all up $2700 delivered to my door with 12 months warranty.

Got it fitted here in dubbo at a transmission shop.
Took it for 1 drive and all of a sudden it free reved I called Dave right there and then and asked him what could be wrong he said undo a oil line and start the car if no oil pours out they didn't for the stally correctly and the pump has smashed!

I removed the oil line and bam! No oil...

Now Dave new it was a fitting error and said to me right there and then would I like a new pump sent express or a whole new box sent to swap over? Dead set that's how generous he was. I said just a pump.

I then towed the car back to the shop who fitted the box and they pulled the box off and the pump was demolished they to this day deny it was there wrong doing. Dave then sent the pump to the shop and the shop called me saying the pump don't fit Dave asked if they have a lathe to machine it and there response was no we build boxes and hope for the best! Dave was gob smacked!

So Dave sent me another complete $2000 box even tho it was he's work that stuffed up we fitted the second box and car runs like a dream.

You tell me how many shops would do what Dave has done? I don't think he has even made a profit on my purchase hes sent me two boxes and a oil pump!

Couldn't give the champ a big enough rap. I and the tranny shop demanded another $300 to fit the new box those *** holes can jump I don't no how there in business. If there's a name & shame thread they belong in it.

RVO Automatics
4 Egan Rd Dandenong VIC 3175
(03) 9794 5004
kosij123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2012, 08:49 PM   #69
Chrisosicko
ADELAIDE

I would have to give a massive shout out to matt from tyre power at kensington park in adelaide. Bought some street tyres and drag tyres and at a amazing price. No question to hard or tyre to hard to find.
Chrisosicko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2012, 03:16 PM   #70
holdzxr6

Huge Thanks to the trusty honest boys at blue power racing development in Melbourne, tuned up my car real nice and gave great advice!

The Show: Lowered on Lovells, 19" GTP Wheels, Debadged, Force 6 Lip Spoiler, Full Sound System with Premium Sound Screen, Spoiler.

The Go: 82LB Injectors, Garrett GTX turbo with flapper mod and upgraded actuator, High flow Cat.

Power: 293 RWKW and a truck load of GTX torque thanks to Blue Power Racing.
holdzxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2012, 01:16 PM   #71
Assassinbm

Pacific Ford Maroochydore

Traded in our FG on a Turbo Diseasel Focus, did this a couple of months ago & been a little slack in posting this, but here goes,

I contacted all dealers in south east QLD via email stating where I was, what I had to trade, & what I was looking for, Pacific Ford's James Anderson had responded with a few options, of which I narrowed down with my Wife which one she would be happy with(car is really for her) & James had been quite happy helping make the deal happen with the least amount of fuss.

This good service was also followed up with the first service as well, including a loan car as we are not locals, now I could have bought a car from dealer much closer, as in 2 minutes down the road from my shop, but the sales people from this dealer couldnt organise the proverbial p i ss up in a brewery, so we were quite happy to travel the 2 hours for the sale, & come service time, we go up on the Friday night for an early Saturday service, & a weekend up the coast, well done Pacific Ford
Old 08-10-2012, 09:02 PM   #72
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i mentioned these guys in another thread, and i`m in no way affiliated with them, i just think they do very very good work and deserve a mention, i had my AU wheel aligned recently before i went on a short holiday , and i have to say it`s driving/steering better than it has in many years, very straight and to the point guys as well( i like)
northern suspension centre, 1-39 northgate dve thomastown (03 94641577).
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 01-11-2012, 09:17 AM   #73
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Honorable mention to Torque Ford at North Lakes.

First impressions weren't great when I got a few things done under warranty early this year however they've turned around my perception. Currently sitting in the Ford showroom, coffee in hand, my own private table so I can work while I get the steering wheel replaced (slight peeling at the top).
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2012, 01:03 PM   #74
xr_maniac
Starter Motor

Titan Ford Brookvale.

Took XR50T in for 30K log book service. Got a call 2 hours later to notify me that the diff bushes were cracked and line split (all under car stuff I couldn't tell).

Manager informed me its all covered under warranty and they are fixing as part of the service today but wanted to let me know.

Loving the fixed price servicing and customer service from these guys. If ford are aiming on improving their customer service, congratulations, its working!
xr_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2012, 10:55 PM   #75
AJ09

Thumbs up Re: Outstanding service!!

Gordon Embrey Mechanical (aka BTA Sales & Service) located in Ipswich, Qld.

Took our AU in there today for RWC & Gas Cert to change rego from Vic to Qld.

Certificates were issued no problem (car is well maintained anyway)

There were no dirty fingerprints anywhere in or on the car, and interior didn't smell like a workshop. I've had these things happen a number of times elsewhere.

Very polite people, car was ready when they said it would be and they called to let me know. Can't fault them, very professional service.

I had heard good reports prior to booking the car in, and they were right.
AJ09 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2013, 10:48 PM   #76
oztrev

S & B Automotive in Sunbury, Vic did a roadworthy on my car yesterday as I needed one to transfer rego from TAS to VIC. Michael (the mechanic) let me stay and chat with him while this was done, and all good with the car as expected.

Today I transferred the reg, and removed the TAS plates and found the holes for the rear were too wide for premium plates that I have. I wasn't going to drill holes in my boot so went to the local Ford dealer, but they were too busy to help me; on a whim, I went back to S & B, and Michael fit me in, then and there no problem. Ten minutes later all was sorted. This customer service (even though a trivial job) is what turns a $20 customer into a repeat customer with who knows what $ value in future jobs.
oztrev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2013, 11:30 AM   #77
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A Grade Automotive at Moorooka in Brisbane and Grant Walker Parts in Bayswater, Victoria.
I had to get a 2nd hand engine then get it fitted to my son's Cerato a few weeks ago. I live in Cairns, he lives in Brisbane and I no longer know anyone in the business down there.

I did some searching of my own, made some phone calls and took a gamble. The motor from Grant Walker was organised easily (and it's great!) and Jason from A Grade Automotive did the job. All too easy, not a single problem and I have no problem recommending both places for their assistance, professionalism and honesty.
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2013, 09:11 AM   #78
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Westpoint Ford cnt Heaths & Morris hoppers crossing vic

they were great when i purchased my Kia and we ( mother in-law ) are about to purchase a new fiesta from them

both the second hand sales guy and the new car sales team are second to none very help full and will answer any question you may have

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2013, 04:37 PM   #79
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

+1 for their spare parts division, had parts in the same day and good prices.

I'd also like to give a big thanks to Flash Fabrications in Hoppers, great service and really got me out of trouble.

After trying 8 or so fabricators/panel beaters and being told basically "too small, not interested" I thought i'd try a bigger place as I was running out of options.

They didn't hesitate helping me out fabricating various brackets and things I needed. Everything was done in a few hours and only cost me $50 + 6 pack

These guys normally do mufti story building facades/interiors and things like that, and seemed pretty busy but still helped me out.

Highly recommended.
Rapid Systems Intercooler & Battery Relocation - ID 1000 Injectors - Process West Surge Tank - Venom 100 Cell Bolt On Cat - XForce 3.5 inch Catback - Plazmaman 4 inch Turboside Intake - Crow HD Valve Springs - Glowshift Gauges (Oil temp, Oil Pressure, Boost, Volt) - Malwood Opt 5 - XR50 Interior - FG2 Limited Ed 19's - Nitto Invo's

Dash_XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2013, 09:43 PM   #80
Kometes

I've got a few...

Bob's Tinting - South West Sydney
Saw his name pop up a few times around the place, gave him a ring to get the ute tinted. He swung by with some samples around 6pm one arvo as it suited me, came back the next day but it was a bit windy/dusty and he didn't want to risk it. Came back around 4pm on SATURDAY afternoon and fitted it all up for a very reasonable price and it looks great.

Repco Bankstown
The missus' NC needed the rocker cover seal, discs, pads & bearings replaced for rego. Canterbury Rd being great we got there at about 5 mins past close, luckily they were still busy so the doors were open. The guys grabbed all the parts needed, did them for trade price and were very helpful with making sure the parts were right. Got home & realised I needed the rocker bolt seals as well so I went back the next morning (without the previous seal as the missus had it) and explained. They gave me a new gasket with all the bolt seals etc for nothing and said to just bring the other kit back in when I get a chance.

Autotech Engineering - Spiro
I dropped the ute off to Spiro & his team to get the goodies fitted and had a phone call within an hour with a full breakdown of what was going to be done and some other issues they'd found from the previous owner. Sorted it all out that day but ran out of time to do the tune, Spiro offered to come back that night after his son's graduation to finish it off if I wanted, I told him it could wait but the offer was still much appreciated. Got it all done the next day & had a follow up 3 days later to see that all was still well with the car. Highly recommended!

ARB Deluxe Bar, Safari Snorkel, Ironman 9500lb winch, Icom 440 UHF + 6dB Aerial
Kometes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2013, 09:14 PM   #81
sammythefordman
Starter Motor

Hi guys im new to the fourm, can some one please point me in the right direction im after parts for my el xr8 and im not sure where to post. Any help would be great.
Thanks
sammythefordman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2013, 05:37 PM   #82
Chippa666

I finally got my BF XR6T repaired under ford warranty for rust in the boot area ( took 3 months of fighting with ford!) and went to a place called MACH1 panels in Mornington. First time I've ever had a car repaired at a panelshop and not had to complain or take it back. Repair work was excellent and the service was terrific. I had the car back within the time frame promised and it was fully cleaned inside and out which is another first. Very happy with their work and service.
Old 17-02-2013, 09:20 PM   #83
fordmaddness
fordmaddness

I'm guessing you have stickys for business's that do a complete **** job after they have promised the world too hey sorry not been on here for a while
fordmaddness is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2013, 04:25 PM   #84
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

I just had a good experience with Tyrepower in Berwick.
Went in there with a nail stuck in a tyre (turned out it was a nail and a screw).
They took it off, checked it out, it didn't puncture the tyre, they made sure there were no leaks put it back and charged me nothing for it.
Old 23-03-2013, 10:50 PM   #85
XWmemories
Starter Motor

Thumbs up Re: Outstanding service!! Carmichael Ford Townsville

Found this thread and thought I should tell everybody about this!
On Wed 20 March went to Carmichael Ford in Townsville to purchase rear brake rotors for 05 AWD Territory TS, have to admit to shopping around Townsville and not finding any so thought I would try the dealership.
Parts where in stock and suprisingly affordable so purchased them with a view to fitting them next day.
Started the job thurs Lunch and ran into trouble removing old discs due to a build up of rust - no problem I've got new ones so I went to town on them with a hammer
With the old discs off went to unwrap new ones and holy ***** there the wrong ones, panicking slightly I scrambled to check the old ones - no dice remember some idiot hit them with a hammer.
I rang Carmichael Ford parts dept to see if there was even a set of the correct ones in Townsville, I had wanted standard but now would have paid and accepted anything - the car was on jacks and in acouple of hrs I would have to start paying upwards of $80 bucks in taxi fares to get the family home from work and school.
I told the spare parts counter staff what had happened and could they help me including the part that I was now stranded with sewerage slowly coming up around my ankles.
They said they would call me back!!!!!!!!!!!
To my utter suprise they did call me back promptly the response was to say the least - amazing, after some checking they called admitted the mistake (naturally have to check). No sir the parts needed supplied as standard are not available in Townsville through anyone - however
They through thier own initiative promised and delivered 1 set of Territory dimpled and slotted rotors to my front door within the hour at no extra cost to me other than the original cost of standard rotors.
This is the best customer service I have ever received.
I know we all take a shot at these places when things don't go right but in this instance they took what could have been another bad news story and made a situation where I will yell from the rooftops how good these guys are.

Carmichael Ford Townsville take a bow!!!!!!
XWmemories is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 24-03-2013, 03:03 PM   #86
gtfalcon
Starter Motor

Thats great to hear!
gtfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2013, 04:38 PM   #87
GT450
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A Big thanks to Westernport exhausts in Hastings for fitting my Herrod catback. Mick took the time to do the job properly , as he knew it was my pride and joy. It took some jigging to get the fit and tailpipes lining up precisely. Cannot say enought abiut the courtesy and quality of their work. Cheers Mick.
GT450
GT450 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2013, 03:15 PM   #88
stace650

Tyres Plus in Mirrabooka (Perth)

Maxxis ZZ1s at around three quarters of the price quoted by another tyre place nearby. Gave me a lift to work, cleaned my wheels, and were very friendly.

I went back to them to have tyres (supplied by me) fitted to my quad bike. The bloke said it was a nightmare to do, took ages because the wheels wouldn't fit on their machine and he had to fit them by hand. Charged me 20 bucks.

Thanks guys!

'63 Mercury Meteor
Long and slow
stace650 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2013, 03:50 PM   #89
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Albany Car Stereo in W.A

I have put this story elsewhere, but thougt it would be good in this thread.

Had a $600-$700 stereo budget for the Fairmont. Went to a guy i town who convinced me that the Fusion setup I was saving $300 on was just as good, however he could not fit the system as he was going away and thankfully he gave me the number of the guy who used to do his fitting and did some work from home. So this guy did the install and right away I sent him a msg asking why it was so terrible, he warned me thaat I amy not be happy. Anyway long story short I took the fusion back, but the stereo place had absolutely nothing in stock, so went to the place where this guy who did my install now works. Got an Alpine mech less player, with bluetooth handsfree, for $160 (only 50 more than the Fusion), he gave me a harness so that I could use the wiring he had already done with the Alpine and gave me a harness to put back with the Fusion so it could be resold by the other mob.

He then warned me that he would rather I wait a week and he do the install even though it was easy, because I should not trust them. But he told me how to do it anyway (myfacia is one which has cigarette lighter and dual USB charging points, not just a pocket to fill the gap) and just said to watch them. Well I ended up in their workshop doing most of the work, their guy could not even get my new head unit back into the dash. So I just said leave it, got my refund and went round to the other bloke to give him a laugh and even though he was super busy, took 15mins out of his day to install it properly. Charged me nothing, and the sound was automatically 100 times better, but the sub is still rubbish. So now I am going back next week to get an option audio ported sub and amp package, 600w RMS amp with 12" Sub in an enclosure, $350 plus fitting, then will sell this Fusion or take it back and get my $200 based on them selling me something, that cleaarly was not suited to a sedan whilst assuring me it would work in my car.

So I wanted to just give a thanks to Albany Car Stereo for all the time spent helping me during business hours the last 2 days.

Won't name the other mob as although a sour taste has been left in my mouth, they did refund my stereo an will prob refund my Sub.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2013, 05:18 AM   #90
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Sunshine Toyota Sippy Downs. Just had the young blokes Hilux in for it's 40,000k capped price service of $170.00. What you get for $170.00 is amazing. They even replaced the aftermarket dodgy windscreen wiper blades I had bought under warranty............