Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-04-2007, 07:49 PM   #31
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

ok, there's corvette's and viper's that are faster than a veyron, Hennessey SRT-10 Viper Venom 1000 Coupe and 1988 Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette, not to mention Skylines putting over 1000bhp. Now I said if these Typhoons are for demo only then why not. It can be done and the Viper and Corvette are limited production cars, not one off show specials. Remember, Nizpro and FPV don't have to expect anyone to buy cars with this HP, only to show that they know what they are doing and to attract customers

-Mathematicians have found that due to the excessive amount of women Chuck Norris has slept with, it is guaranteed that he appears in your family tree a minimum of three times

-Chuck Norris doesn't sleep. He waits.

-Chuck Norris once worked as a weatherman for the San Diego evening news. Every night he would make the same forecast: Partly Cloudy with a 75% chance of Pain.
sprjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2007, 08:06 PM   #32
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

now we all know that typhoon won't be that slippery but they can still produce some big numbers

-Mathematicians have found that due to the excessive amount of women Chuck Norris has slept with, it is guaranteed that he appears in your family tree a minimum of three times

-Chuck Norris once worked as a weatherman for the San Diego evening news. Every night he would make the same forecast: Partly Cloudy with a 75% chance of Pain.
Old 29-04-2007, 09:18 PM   #33
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

oh and nizpro do have a 1000hp motor so why not

Old 29-04-2007, 09:27 PM   #34
XCSEDAN
i'm baaaack....

400rwkw isnt enough for you?
have you ever driven a turbo car with that much power!?
traction is near impossible!!!
theres no point having all that power if you cant put it down to the ground...
but yes, i hope it does get on Top Gear.... don't see why it wouldn't make it, they just need to know about it.
although i hear there is a LONG waiting list for the show.
XCSEDAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2007, 09:36 PM   #35
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

No I don't think it is enough, it is a lot but if it was enough why do people build more powerful cars than that. If 400 rwkw is enough for you however thats fine, not everyone wants or needs that power. I'll also reiterate the point that if these cars are supposed to be show cars, demonstrators, why not demonstrate the full potential.

Old 30-04-2007, 09:49 AM   #36
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

How could 400rwkw not be enough to demonstrate an Australian RWD turbo 6? All it is going to do is smoke it up the whole time, and that's all Jeremy Clarkson will do with it.

You may as well show what you're good at doing reliably than try and pitch a 4 door saloon as a competitor to one of the fastest, most expensive coupe's in the world.
Old 30-04-2007, 01:05 PM   #37
Stevo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprjenkins
No I don't think it is enough, it is a lot but if it was enough why do people build more powerful cars than that. If 400 rwkw is enough for you however thats fine, not everyone wants or needs that power. I'll also reiterate the point that if these cars are supposed to be show cars, demonstrators, why not demonstrate the full potential.
They arent 'demonstrators', they are the real thing, thats how the car packages are being sent out.
Old 30-04-2007, 01:07 PM   #38
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Quote:
Give it more power!!! Don't get me wrong 400rwkws is awesome but if these cars are demo vehicles why not make them as fast as they can go, put them in the Bugatti Veyron league
LOL, nothing this side of about five million bucks would put a road going Foulcan on par with the Veyron as far as acceleration and speed goes :->
Old 30-04-2007, 01:10 PM   #39
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

The two cars being sent overseas aren't for customers, they are demonstrators. Whether or not they build the same product for customers here is irrelevant. The point is I wouldn't turn up to a trade show or whatever with my middle of the range product and tell people we can do better we just can't be bothered. I'd be turning up with my best product, the hero model.

Old 30-04-2007, 01:13 PM   #40
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews
LOL, nothing this side of about five million bucks would put a road going Foulcan on par with the Veyron as far as acceleration and speed goes :->
Veyrons put out 1000 hp, Nizpro makes a 1000hp XR6 turbo engine. I said in the same league and I kinda think that puts it in the same league. Also look up the Top Secret R33 Skyline, That hasn't had 5 million bucks or even 1 million bucks spent on it and it will do 0-300kmh in 23.99 seconds, also veyron league.

Not to mention the fact that the Veyron isn't the worlds fastest car, thats the Hennessey Viper and that also hasn't had 5 million bucks spent on it.

Old 30-04-2007, 01:14 PM   #41
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

That is a hero model ffs.

Typhoon, Vauxhall Monaro or any of these Australian 4 door saloons are not in the sort of league that you'd put them with a $1-2m Bugatti. It just makes no sense whatsoever.

If you're an avid watcher of Top Gear, they thrive on bang for buck. This is exactly what the objective is here as well as showing people over there that in Aus you can get some pretty damn cool cars without serious damage to your wallet.

I honestly cannot for the life of me figure out how you could possibly look down at 400rwkw out of a car that would come with a warranty, and wouldn't cost $1m.
Old 30-04-2007, 01:17 PM   #42
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

Quote:
Give it more power!!! Don't get me wrong 400rwkws is awesome but if these cars are demo vehicles why not make them as fast as they can go, put them in the Bugatti Veyron league
Here i'll even quote myself you idiot, I shouldn't even be talking to you, you have no idea what your on about read the above posts. I'm not knocking it, It would be fantastic as a customer car but these cars aren't customer cars!!

Old 30-04-2007, 01:19 PM   #43
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

Not to mention the fact that the fastest car in the world costs $225,000 US, and comes with a warranty.

Old 30-04-2007, 01:20 PM   #44
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

I think its time to close this thread now, I think all relevant points have been stated and its going to go downhill from here

Old 30-04-2007, 01:25 PM   #45
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
ok, there's corvette's and viper's that are faster than a veyron, Hennessey SRT-10 Viper Venom 1000 Coupe and 1988 Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette, not to mention Skylines putting over 1000bhp. Now I said if these Typhoons are for demo only then why not. It can be done and the Viper and Corvette are limited production cars, not one off show specials. Remember, Nizpro and FPV don't have to expect anyone to buy cars with this HP, only to show that they know what they are doing and to attract customers
Sorry, but the veyron is the fastest road going car in the world. Guiness records knows this, and has recorded it accordingly. As for the Viper Venom and the corvette; they cannot match the top speed of the veyron as they are completely the wrong shape and too fragile at anything above 300kph.
Before we start playing knowledge tennis I can tell you that I have an extensive knowledge in aerodynamics, and the veyron is the shape required to achieve stability at over 400kph.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2007, 01:27 PM   #46
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Still not in the same universe. A falcon with 1200hp and a Veyron with 1000hp and I reckon the Veyron would still get to 350km/h more than five seconds quicker.
Old 30-04-2007, 01:36 PM   #47
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

Ok, firstly, to get to Nizpro Stage 4 all up it will cost you $33045 on top of the price for an xr6 turbo or typhoon. That will get you 537ish rwkw. Nispro are working on stage 5.

Secondly the 2005 Hennessey SRT-10 Viper Venom 1000 Coupe, has had its aero changed a bit and is supposed to be the fastest car in the world.

Thirdly the 1988 Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette had its top speed set Oct 19, 1989 reaching 254.76 mph.The car was driven by John Lingenfelter.

This is 1.76 mph faster than the Veyron, So buddy you don't know Schickt.

Old 30-04-2007, 01:37 PM   #48
CSV_LS1
I used to have a nice car

Quote:
I think its time to close this thread now, I think all relevant points have been stated and its going to go downhill from here

I think you are the one taking it down hill with dribble.

Have you been in a 400+rwkw car? How do you expect someone to warrant a 1000hp falcon? Do you know how much it would cost to upgrade the driveline to cope with sort of power? The car wasn't designed for that much power and still be able to actually use it to it's potential. These particular cars were designed with big brakes, suspension and driveline mods to make it the best all round package available that can go around a track and drive around town.

If you want to get a 1000hp Falcon this shop has it available as an option for the customer everyday of the week. So take yourself down there and place your order.

Doesn't matter what anyone releases with a falcon it's never enough. 400 bloody rwkw and still whinging. Geeees.
CSV_LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2007, 01:40 PM   #49
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews
Still not in the same universe. A falcon with 1200hp and a Veyron with 1000hp and I reckon the Veyron would still get to 350km/h more than five seconds quicker.
Hmm maybe, but that would mean the Ford would still be light years faster than any other supercar on the road, including McLaren's F1. Now thats an engineering statement. I'd say wow, i'm going to those guys to get my car tuned.

Old 30-04-2007, 01:41 PM   #50
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSV_LS1
I think you are the one taking it down hill with dribble.

Have you been in a 400+rwkw car? How do you expect someone to warrant a 1000hp falcon? Do you know how much it would cost to upgrade the driveline to cope with sort of power? The car wasn't designed for that much power and still be able to actually use it to it's potential. These particular cars were designed with big brakes, suspension and driveline mods to make it the best all round package available that can go around a track and drive around town.

If you want to get a 1000hp Falcon this shop has it available as an option for the customer everyday of the week. So take yourself down there and place your order.

Doesn't matter what anyone releases with a falcon it's never enough. 400 bloody rwkw and still whinging. Geeees.
Yeah buddy I do know how much it costs, READ THE ABOVE POSTS!! $33,000 and for the last time, this is supposed to be a statement from Nizpro saying we are the best, so i'll say it again 400rwkw is fine in a customer car but this isn't a customer car. What does 400rwkw prove these days, nothing!

Old 30-04-2007, 01:51 PM   #51
SavageF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sprjenkins, get off the sauce mate. They're taking over two cars that are going to be the same spec that customers will be buying, fully warranted. Let me repeat that in a way that you'll understand - THEY'RE TAKING OVER TWO CARS THAT ARE GOING TO BE THE SAME SPEC THAT CUSTOMERS WILL BE BUYING, FULLY WARRANTED.

They dont need to take over two 'super beasts' with max possible power for some sort of 'power show', as everyone including those in the UK already know what they're capable of - thats what got this project started in the first place!!

Its not some hi-po carnival they're entering into. They'll be demoing the EXACT same spec cars that will be on sale. Would you rather test drive the new Falcon, only to be told "sorry mate, the real thing wont be as powerful, these are just demo cars to show people what we can do."

Last edited by SavageF6; 30-04-2007 at 02:00 PM.
SavageF6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2007, 01:58 PM   #52
mcnamg

Nizpro is selling the car as a complete product as it says in the article and they will be sold by a distributor over there in the UK and as it has also been said they are elaving plenty of room for the aftermarket guys over there to have a play. There are lots of things to worry about when they do something like this such as relaibility and warranty and being the UK emissions is also a big one.

The cars are demonstrators yes but when have you ever been down to the local Ford dealer for a test drive of a falcon XT and they have taken you out in a XR8 and said your car would be just like it only a little less powerful honestly what are you smoking?? thats what your trying to say they need to do here. A person who is test driving the car wants to test drive the real deal not some souped up one off model that is nothing like the one they are buying. The same goes for the motoring journos who will most likely thrash it to within an inch of its life. They want to drive a car as close to production as possible and if this is the production model thats exactly what they want.
mcnamg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2007, 01:59 PM   #53
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Ok, firstly, to get to Nizpro Stage 4 all up it will cost you $33045 on top of the price for an xr6 turbo or typhoon. That will get you 537ish rwkw. Nispro are working on stage 5.

Secondly the 2005 Hennessey SRT-10 Viper Venom 1000 Coupe, has had its aero changed a bit and is supposed to be the fastest car in the world.

Thirdly the 1988 Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette had its top speed set Oct 19, 1989 reaching 254.76 mph.The car was driven by John Lingenfelter.

This is 1.76 mph faster than the Veyron, So buddy you don't know Schickt.
Yes, but it was not an official record and furthermore, guiness couldn't give a rats proverbial to a claim that they cannot otherwise prove.
It was also reported to be extremely temperamental at that speed, so I wouldn't boast if I were you. You in fact could strap a rocket to your behind and go faster than that car.

Quote: