Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-04-2007, 07:31 PM   #61
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPGMH
Motor must have had a couple of hits from a crack pipe before the run, I've been in a falcon at over 260 and it had better manners than a XC at 160. A cars aerodynamic efficiency will generally stop it from going faster before it will send it moving laterally.
Old news happened 3 years ago, no crack pipes....I have sent you a PM with a link to the full story...307 klm..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Watch out boys, I think your blow of valves are about to explode.
I love it Buck.....

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2007, 07:34 PM   #62
Ford_V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
Old news happened 3 years ago, no crack pipes....I have sent you a PM with a link to the full story...307 klm..
Care to post the link, I wouln't mind reading it myself.
Ford_V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2007, 08:05 PM   #63
YOOT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_V8
Care to post the link, I wouln't mind reading it myself.
Its on APS's website.

www.airpowersystems.com.au
YOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2007, 08:10 PM   #64
Gunns
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprjenkins
and even so, if the aero was a bit off how hard is it to put on a v8 supercars bodykit?
Then it is not a production car! The Mclaren F1 and Bugatti Veyron are production cars. You can walk into a dealer and buy one off the show room floor and hit 400kmph, you can't do that with a F6 no matter what you do.
You start fitting a V8 supercar body kit, and then it is no longer a production car, As soon as you do any of those things it is instantly a modified production car.
The only way a F6 could reach 400kmph is if it was pushed out the back of a cargo plane at 30,000 feet, even then the aero might stop it from happening.
Gunns is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2007, 08:55 PM   #65
CSV_LS1
I used to have a nice car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunns
The only way a F6 could reach 400kmph is if it was pushed out the back of a cargo plane at 30,000 feet, even then the aero might stop it from happening.

I think you can only go to a max of 193km/h when falling. That's what google tells me anyway

Being transported on the back of those new speed trains might do the trick :
CSV_LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2007, 03:16 PM   #66
Squalo
Two Wheels Good

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

The Calloway Corvette is indeed the worlds fastest street car.

The Veyron is the worlds fastest production car.

Making a super fast car out of someone elses engineering is not particularly difficult, but building the worlds fastest production car is something special.

And no, a Falcon will never be in that category except in peoples dreams.

Fantastic to see the F6 going to Europe. I'd love to drive a stock one on the autobahns, nevermind the Nismo one! Kudos to them, I hope it is a success.
1969 Kombi
Squalo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2007, 03:48 PM   #67
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSV_LS1
I think you can only go to a max of 193km/h when falling. That's what google tells me anyway

Being transported on the back of those new speed trains might do the trick :
No, a human being can only fall at that rate. Drag co-efficient is too high. A correctly shaped DU dart can actually exceed the speed of sound.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2007, 04:08 PM   #68
brodfloyd
Hmmmm

i dont think that clarkson would like a 1200hp xr6t anyway.

has anyone seen the segment they did on the last series about that brabus monster??? His problem was more with the traction control interference.

but, they made the point of mentioning, there is no point having too much power if the rest of the car isnt up to it.

And unfortunatly, its a falcon, a jack of all trades but a master of none. but by using that logic the same goes for the veyron. lets see the veyron taxi, or the veyron government car, or the veyron 'lets make it a wagon, put a mattress in the back and sleep in it' model?

or the veyron, bowls/caravan tow machine.

the falcon is all this, and a quite handy sports saloon for realitivly little money.

its just not the fastest most luxurious car in the world.
brodfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2007, 05:12 PM   #69
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunns
Then it is not a production car! The Mclaren F1 and Bugatti Veyron are production cars. You can walk into a dealer and buy one off the show room floor and hit 400kmph, you can't do that with a F6 no matter what you do.
You start fitting a V8 supercar body kit, and then it is no longer a production car, As soon as you do any of those things it is instantly a modified production car.
Who cares if its a production car or not, and if you put the bodykit on everycar that goes into production, i.e. not aftermarket it is a production car :

-Mathematicians have found that due to the excessive amount of women Chuck Norris has slept with, it is guaranteed that he appears in your family tree a minimum of three times

-Chuck Norris doesn't sleep. He waits.

-Chuck Norris once worked as a weatherman for the San Diego evening news. Every night he would make the same forecast: Partly Cloudy with a 75% chance of Pain.
sprjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2007, 05:47 PM   #70
AUIIForte

Quote:
Originally Posted by brodfloyd
i dont think that clarkson would like a 1200hp xr6t anyway.

has anyone seen the segment they did on the last series about that brabus monster??? His problem was more with the traction control interference.

but, they made the point of mentioning, there is no point having too much power if the rest of the car isnt up to it.

And unfortunatly, its a falcon, a jack of all trades but a master of none. but by using that logic the same goes for the veyron. lets see the veyron taxi, or the veyron government car, or the veyron 'lets make it a wagon, put a mattress in the back and sleep in it' model?

or the veyron, bowls/caravan tow machine.

the falcon is all this, and a quite handy sports saloon for realitivly little money.

its just not the fastest most luxurious car in the world.
You put that perfectly. Exactly what I was thinking since I started reading this thread!

Man, those two cars are just $EX on WHEELS. And I cant imagine how well they would fly on the highway!
AUIIForte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2007, 05:56 PM   #71
billsta

Take off the speed limiter and these beasts will be plenty of fun on the highway.

PS. I might have missed it but are both the cars manual?
Old 01-05-2007, 06:27 PM   #72
Iphido
Guy that posts stuff

I belive Bugatti has not release the REAL top speed, only a speed higher than other existing production cars and meeting its design aim of 400 kmph.

It is great to see nizpro doing this and I things will work out well for them. The sheer numbers of ex-aussie over there means a ready market for this kind of stuff. Add to that wacky poms (nearly all the rich ones are) and the continental freaks who collect anything.

Has to be a market for this kind of kit.
Iphido is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2007, 07:11 PM   #73
Daniel
F6 - with sugar on top

They should send one auto, one manual - both 6 speeds

As much as I like manual cars for a bit of fun, the one id take home would still be auto as they arent track cars; plus these cars in auto is something to be experienced, will certainly be praised in auto form..
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2007, 08:22 PM   #74
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Oh, just for fun I remembered Jeremy saying that the Bugatti has been speed limited to 252mph. If you have seen season 9 episode 2 when captain slow has the bugatti at 407kph, then you would also have seen the tacho sitting at a paltry 5500rpm, and we have seen the bugatti rev to 8000rpm.
The reason it is speed limited is because the tyres aren't able to last more than 15 minutes at 407kph.

Quote: