Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 18-03-2020, 03:08 PM   #151
Ross 1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick taylor View Post
Now I may be wrong. but who is talking about such being the foundation of this that should be talked about and not hidden from such a view, why I say this is if the handful of people who truly control the world, like Rothschild's and their ilk,
You left a few off the list of who controls the world https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPMS6tGOACo
This user likes this post:
Old 18-03-2020, 03:09 PM   #152
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
Guns are useless against zombies! A sharpened stake through the heart (or is that vampires?)
Zombies won't be an issue with all the brain dead people around.
Old 18-03-2020, 03:10 PM   #153
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Bill Gates has no medical qualifications. Therefore his opinion is no more valuable than mine. But just because he is famous and wealthy he gets to promote his opinion to a much larger audience. And in that audience are a lot of lemmings who believe Bill because of his fame and wealth (he wouldn't be wealthy if he was a dumb can't eh? /sarc).

I'd rather obtain my opinion from those who are experts and work in that industry than from 'celebrities'.
Well, 95% of members on this car forum, including those in Government and the Media also have no medical qualifications and everyone is entitled to their opinion, be it right or wrong.

As far as Bill Gates goes, being one of the most wealthiest men in the world gives him access to knowledge, advisors and experts that us mere mortals can only dream of. Not to mention the powerful computer modelling systems he has access to, that can predict outcomes in situations like this.

One thing he said in those videos is so true...

The world's powers have spent billions in military arms, intelligence and are ready for any attack or military threat at a moment's notice.

However, the world was not ready for this, and not much in comparison has been spent to prepare for pandemics.

I sometimes wonder, if this Covid-19 outbreak (while serious) is being used as one huge worldwide "social experiment", to see how people react, for the masses to get use to further government controls, for something that is coming far worse in the near future?

Time will tell.
2 users like this post:
Old 18-03-2020, 03:10 PM   #154
Ross 1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
Toilet Paper?
Pick up trucks, 2lt cups of soft drinks and inbreeding.
3 users like this post:
Old 18-03-2020, 03:40 PM   #155
Pis-ton broke
Banned

for those that can,t get food.
try ; bikie stew, its one can of dog food, one can of baked beans and some tomato sauce. enjoy.
This user likes this post:
Old 18-03-2020, 03:49 PM   #156
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Food is food!
Old 18-03-2020, 03:57 PM   #157
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
I'd be upset no doubt, but it is what it is.

I don't live my life on exceptions, look at your own example, it's 1 percent bud, what about the 99% that everything is perfectly fine?

If you lived your life like that you wouldn't drive because you might not make it to your destination.

Better get in the shops now and stock up just in case we have a nuclear war.

Don't go outside when it rains because you might get struck by lightning.

Don't go camping in case of bushfires.

Don't go swimming in case you drown.

Don't go outside in summer in case you get skin cancer.

What's the numbers of confirmed cases globally with the virus infected and deaths and what is this in terms of word population?

How does this stack up to the black plague, the Spanish flu, WWI and WWII?

WWII killed 50-70M people in the space of 6 years.

What about all the other issues we've survived in the past 500 years?

Give it a year and you won't even remember COVID-19

Exception - not the rule, risk management principles.

I'm not the one stripping the shops bare so no one else can buy their regular essentials, yet I'm the bad guy?

I'm still getting my coffee from the cafe across the road from work every morning.

I'm still turning up to work, so we can keep the parts needed for repairs on people's trucks to keep them on the road, or components that trains and trams use to keep them on the road moving stuff about.
Oh, and keep paying your taxes Franco so that I am certain to get the $750 at the end of March if the Corona virus doesn't get me first.

I am in the target group that are in big trouble.

What am I going to spend it on if all the shops are shut?

Now I am getting anxious over what my kids will do with the $750 if I cark it.

Will they have to pay it back?
2 users like this post:
Old 18-03-2020, 04:23 PM   #158
KobiXR6T

Ol Franco, while being bloody blunt.. kind of has a point though.

Being old and/or compromised is a risk in itself. Somethings going to get us all sooner or later..

I'm not overly concerned about the virus. Sure I know people (family included) who would fall into the at risk group, and I will be doing what I can to ensure their wellbeing (within reason)... But on the whole, humans, the hoarding of TP, etc concerns me a whole lot more. We're proving to be quite a scared, selfish, bunch.
3 users like this post:
Old 18-03-2020, 04:26 PM   #159
HIPO
Al

You'll all know the truth after the 10 days of darkness, which finishes 10-4-20.
This "virus" is quite mild..... not really Chinese either...…….the world is about to change for the better, for average "normal" peeps!..... flame away, this is my marker!
Old 18-03-2020, 04:45 PM   #160
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
Oh, and keep paying your taxes Franco so that I am certain to get the $750 at the end of March if the Corona virus doesn't get me first.

I am in the target group that are in big trouble.

What am I going to spend it on if all the shops are shut?

Will they have to pay it back?
$750 buys a decent Pavlova and coffee

Anyway since I've pointed the finger at everyone else under the sun, the last people left to blame are migrants and poor people and I've covered all bases
2 users like this post:
Old 18-03-2020, 04:48 PM   #161
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIPO View Post
You'll all know the truth after the 10 days of darkness, which finishes 10-4-20.
This "virus" is quite mild..... not really Chinese either...…….the world is about to change for the better, for average "normal" peeps!..... flame away, this is my marker!
And the first of the 10 days falls on April Fools' day.
3 users like this post:
Old 18-03-2020, 04:51 PM   #162
Hippy
Man from Ironbark

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01 View Post
Zombies won't be an issue with all the brain dead people around.
no tru er words can be said//
Old 18-03-2020, 04:55 PM   #163
Hippy
Man from Ironbark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pis-ton broke View Post
for those that can,t get food.
try ; bikie stew, its one can of dog food, one can of baked beans and some tomato sauce. enjoy.
no ya ***** geez its good , ya have not sucked tha milk
bloody city snowies ..
Old 18-03-2020, 07:12 PM   #164
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO FURTHER View Post
Well, 95% of members on this car forum, including those in Government and the Media also have no medical qualifications and everyone is entitled to their opinion, be it right or wrong.

As far as Bill Gates goes, being one of the most wealthiest men in the world gives him access to knowledge, advisors and experts that us mere mortals can only dream of. Not to mention the powerful computer modelling systems he has access to, that can predict outcomes in situations like this.

One thing he said in those videos is so true...

The world's powers have spent billions in military arms, intelligence and are ready for any attack or military threat at a moment's notice.

However, the world was not ready for this, and not much in comparison has been spent to prepare for pandemics.

I sometimes wonder, if this Covid-19 outbreak (while serious) is being used as one huge worldwide "social experiment", to see how people react, for the masses to get use to further government controls, for something that is coming far worse in the near future?

Time will tell.
The US was completely unprepared for 911 so i disagree
Old 18-03-2020, 08:01 PM   #165
hayseed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post

Put It On the Bar at your Wake.....
4 users like this post:
Old 18-03-2020, 09:40 PM   #166
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Talking Re: Covid 19 -

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
2 users like this post:
Old 18-03-2020, 09:45 PM   #167
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Anyone else see that page from a book? Something about a virus originating in Wuhan in 2020.

Book is old, like 80's old.

Saw it on FB but can't find it now, wondering if it was legit?

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Old 18-03-2020, 09:52 PM   #168
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Anyone else see that page from a book? Something about a virus originating in Wuhan in 2020.

Dean Koontz, 'The Eyes of Darkness' is the book you refer to.
2 users like this post:
Old 18-03-2020, 09:59 PM   #169
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:

The eyes of darkness
Old 18-03-2020, 10:04 PM   #170
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Something I find very contradictory with regards to keeping the schools open is that schools have cancelled all off campus excursions bringing private transport companies to their knee's, yet the Government continue to tell us that mass gatherings of children in school environments is supposedly safe because word out of China is that Children are safe from the bug.
If children are safe from the bug and can congregate at school, why cant they congregate with fellow students on excursions and save an entire industry from collapse.
The mob I work for have a dozen coaches sitting idle as of last Monday morning and laid off as many drivers.

Another thing which makes me sceptical of the government stance with regards to children attending school is the regulations introduced yesterday about cleaning every surface after every school run with antibacterial solutions on the few remaining buses actively carrying children still , if the children are safe enough to go to school, why would they be susceptible to anything they can pick up on the bus all of a sudden if its the same children on the same bus every run.

It just doesn't make sense to me, those 15 children are no worse off sitting together on the bus than they are sitting together in class and I seriously doubt they're cleaning every school surface every day.
2 users like this post:
Old 18-03-2020, 10:23 PM   #171
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Good ol' Scotty said today - using Singapore as an example, that he has decided not to close the schools. Firstly, Singapore acted quicker, and did a much, much, better job of restricting the spread and containing it. The students and teaching staff in Singapore were/are checked for temperature daily, and most were/are wearing masks.

We have not - and are not - doing ANY OF THAT! We haven't acted quick enough to stop the spread, and we don't check the temperature of every student and teacher! So how can he possibly use Singapore as a comparison??

Children may be a reduced risk of death, and all the stats point to that. But they do help with spreading the virus. How is this not comprehendible to those advising him, or himself? Scotty says he is happy to send his kids to school, so everyone else should be happy too??

The truth of it all, Scotty doesn't want to close the schools because he doesn't want to stop parents from going to work! They will delay the lockdown until it's too damn late, just like most other western countries have done, and we all will pay a big price because of it. Either way we will pay a big price, but locking down everyone would be the better option. Lockdown needed to happen at least 7 days ago.

Last edited by Tickford.; 18-03-2020 at 10:36 PM.
Old 18-03-2020, 10:33 PM   #172
turbo4
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Bill Gates has no medical qualifications. Therefore his opinion is no more valuable than mine. But just because he is famous and wealthy he gets to promote his opinion to a much larger audience. And in that audience are a lot of lemmings who believe Bill because of his fame and wealth (he wouldn't be wealthy if he was a dumb can't eh? /sarc).

I'd rather obtain my opinion from those who are experts and work in that industry than from 'celebrities'.
To be fair to Bill, he has dedicated many years and many billions of dollars to fighting disease. I'm sure he has got a fairly good insight into the affects of infectious disease and would be far more knowledgeable on the subject than anyone discussing it in this thread.

DJRTP Gold Team Mate ::: Tickford Racing Gold Member
3 users like this post:
Old 18-03-2020, 10:36 PM   #173
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I have some friends who are part of a small social group (less than ten people), all are 70+ and of diverse backgrounds. They meet weekly and practice Tai Chi, then go for coffee and a natter at a favourite spot.

There was discussion among them about suspending their social group. One chap decided to self-isolate (he is a devout Catholic and it coincided with his Church's suspension of collective activities). The others decided OK, they are in a technically high risk bracket but all accepted that as a hazard in full cognisance.
Old 18-03-2020, 10:43 PM   #174
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

The number of positive cases in Australia is false. The true number is much, much higher than what is being reported. We don't have the kits, and are not testing people with all the symptoms who present themselves at test centres. They are being turned away and send back into the community to infect others.

Here's why the numbers are not real:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-...warns/12062146
Old 18-03-2020, 10:43 PM   #175
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

The problem is, whatever way you decide to go there will be arguments for and against.

Keep kids in school, possible outbreaks are contained and traceable. Parents are able to try and work to keep the economy going.

Keep them home, they go out and mix in the random public, at least 1 parent needs to look after them and if they ask a grandparent and they are infected that's a recipe for disaster.

I stopped teaching last year however my school has called me back because they have sent home a pregnant teacher 'just in case'.

Sport cancelled.

I have a daughter in Kindy, we get daily messages with updates and arguments for keeping kids at school.

I personally think they are trying to drag things out till the holidays - I doubt they will make it.

Sooner or later all schools will close, Easter holidays will either start early and finish early or start early and go to the timetable (so 5-6 weeks off for some schools).

Today we trialed the system for online lessons and it fractured under the data load.

I would hate to be in a decision making position within the government in current times. Whatever decision you make will cost lives and / or destroy families financially.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......

Last edited by Yellow_Festiva; 18-03-2020 at 10:52 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 18-03-2020, 11:08 PM   #176
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Here's a thought. What if the effected age range was flipped? And it's the children and young adults that were dying? Would we have a different view?

Is the importance of someone's life depend on their age? 60+ and you're not as important as the people under 40?
Old 18-03-2020, 11:26 PM   #177
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:

I have a broken wrist watch which tells the correct time twice a day. If I wait long enough somebody will ask for the time just when my watch is at the correct time.

Many prophecies have been written with very few ever proven correct.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
3 users like this post:
Old 18-03-2020, 11:32 PM   #178
Pis-ton broke
Banned

Quote:
i hope he,s not right, in the last 18 months, we,ve had damaging wind, drought, fire, flood, pestilence , markets crash, and its not over yet.
what does he know?

Last edited by Pis-ton broke; 18-03-2020 at 11:54 PM.
Old 18-03-2020, 11:45 PM   #179
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pis-ton broke View Post
i hope he,s not right, in the last 18 months, we,ve had damaging wind, drought, fire, flood, pestilence , markets crash,
what does he know?
Pestilence is one of the four Horseman of the Apocalypse in the book of Revelation.

Reverse COVID-19 = 91-DIVOC

91 - Psalm 91
D - Destroy
I - Influenza
V - Virus
O - Outbreak
C - Completely

Psalm 91:1...

Psalm 91 - He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence.

Pestilence means a deadly and overwhelming disease that affects an entire community.
2 users like this post:
Old 18-03-2020, 11:48 PM   #180
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

There’s a bunch of plagues well before that. ;-)
Closed Thread