Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-05-2013, 04:31 PM   #61
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

A lot of road problems could be fixed by people reading signs...

"Keep left unless overtaking"...fairly self-explanatory, but apparently it's written in Mandarin to most people for all the notice they take.
Speed limits...yes indeed, they are a maximum, but the idea is that they are the speed you should be travelling at on that piece of road.

...and the list goes on.

Other issues?
Anyone upgraded iTunes lately...? Can't say that's any easier or user friendly than the old version, that's for sure...
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-05-2013, 05:16 PM   #62
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

My mrs had decided she was on al diet she HAD to go on, I cooker her healthy meals based on said diet and cooked my own meals that were full of awesome and amazing.

Night 1
Her: "that looks disgusting! "
Me: "your face..."
5 mins later
Her: "im hungry...." *eyeballs my plate*
Me: "ok you can try a little bit but you might no-"
Her: *NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM*

Night 2
Repeat

Night 3
Repeat

Night 4
Her: "OMG IM SOOOO FAT im going on a diet"
Me: "no, you're not"
Her: "you're just saying that because you're my husband"
Me: "and that makes it different how?
Her: "you have to say nice things"
*later that night*
Her: "to the falconmobile! Maccas icecream time baby!"
Me: "wtf?????????????????"
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2013, 05:26 PM   #63
STINKY NINJA
Banned

When you let a real stinky one go at the pub and cant help but lose it laughing and everyone leaves you to choke on your own filthy smell,wait a sec i dont hate that

I hate it when someone has real bad breath and insists on breathing all over your face while talking to you,excuse me did you stand in dog poo,no? then better go clean your teeth matey!

Last edited by STINKY NINJA; 07-05-2013 at 05:54 PM.
STINKY NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 07-05-2013, 09:15 PM   #64
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpa_spec_F6 View Post
My mrs had decided she was on al diet she HAD to go on, I cooker her healthy meals based on said diet and cooked my own meals that were full of awesome and amazing.

Night 1
Her: "that looks disgusting! "
Me: "your face..."
5 mins later
Her: "im hungry...." *eyeballs my plate*
Me: "ok you can try a little bit but you might no-"
Her: *NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM*

Night 2
Repeat

Night 3
Repeat

Night 4
Her: "OMG IM SOOOO FAT im going on a diet"
Me: "no, you're not"
Her: "you're just saying that because you're my husband"
Me: "and that makes it different how?
Her: "you have to say nice things"
*later that night*
Her: "to the falconmobile! Maccas icecream time baby!"
Me: "wtf?????????????????"
Hahahahahahahahaha that plays out at my house on a weekly basis. I am doijg my best to eat normal but low fat, carb, calories and high in protein. My mrs will eat what I eat for breakfast, but then unless I make lunch she eats crap and dinner is no better.
Me: Are you not trying to lose weight?
Her: Yeah I am, I will start tomorrow
Me: You said that yesterday and the day before
Her: But I really mean it this time, I went to the gym and all
Me: I won't hold my breathe will I babe.

Rinse and repeat the very next day and everyday for that matter. I am guilty of doing it tonight but, I had takeaway and chose the one meal that has more kj in one meal than your allowed in a day. But difference is, I will be straight back to said diet tomorrow.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2013, 09:20 PM   #65
XR6T0Y
Half brain dead already

Already been said heaps, but

Cars that are equipped with cruise control and WON'T USE IT!!. Was following a VE Caprice today, who would vary between 80-110!!!!! Go to overtake and sits up my ****!!!!

**** I was ****ed off!

Running tuned at 191.3rwkw with 475nm Torque
Pacemaker PH4490 + Hiflo Pacemaker cat/catpipe + Xforce 2.5' catback into dual pipes after Diff.
FG Manifold + Herrod airbox + 20% underdrive +Hi flow thermostat + 26mm radiator and Weapon X coils!
Now rolling on staggered Matte black Lesnso D1R's
NOW MANUAL!
Shockwave Blue!
More to come

Now the proud owner of a '97 NL Fairlane

XR6T0Y is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2013, 09:39 PM   #66
rog xc

when ebay or other said sites change their format!! They obviously have never heard "if it isn't broke, don't fix it!!!"

& when Microsoft "update" their system making it incompatible with your other programs/frequented sites
rog xc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 07-05-2013, 10:08 PM   #67
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

1. My neighbour...apparently it's okay for her to throw her cigarette butts, tea bags, sink plugs, dog clippings, etc. out of her kitchen window into my yard...apparently it's also okay for her to feed my Staffy (who's already well fed enough)!

2. Traffic - indicators aren't confirming actions, a forty zone is not an excuse to try to kiss my bumper because you're oblivious and can't see the very clear signs that say 40, the people who see the gap you've left in front of you for the 'hallucination braker' and decide that their vehicle will fit in there, people who slow down when you can't overtake them, but as soon as the overtaking lane appears, they're suddenly race car drivers.

3. People who blame others for things, even when it's very clear they are wrong.

4. Hateful people - bigot, racist, I don't care...they irk me.

5. Repeating myself...

That's about it, for now.

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
SEZ213 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2013, 10:26 PM   #68
devilcv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
Blew another headlight on the Falcon yesterday.

So today I go to change it, its on the side with the airbox, beauty, easy to get to, simple just tke the cover off and change a single H4.

I get the cover off, I undo the little metal clip that is holding in the globe, and it falls off into the engine bay.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Such a pain in the *** to get it back on, you never can remember which way it came off and you spend the next 20 minutes fidgeting around behind there.
I can beat this. Blew the passenger globe on the ute, dropped the dust cap which went into the front bar, then while using the flash on the iPhone as a light, dropped it into the same place. Had to pull a scrivet to pull the inner guard ou of the way to get to it. Gave up and did the globe a couple of days later.
devilcv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2013, 12:51 AM   #69
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ok i got a good one, i really hate my local council, and yes i hate the choo choo !!!,
for 30 years they have been making noises about putting the railway gates under ground......we know how that went don`t we ??
i live between 2 sets of gates one set 3k east of me, the other set about the same west of me, travel across these gates at peak hour can be an absolute nightmare, i have been held up on the spot ............ no mooovy for 8 minutes+ on a number of occasions, probably 5 or 6 is probably the norm !!!
Geez i hate that !
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2013, 03:18 AM   #70
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One way to get an advantage in traffic and get an idea what that guy at the other set of lights/stop sign is about to do, is ride a motorbike for a while...

You find that you stop looking at the indicator...which could or could not mean anything...and instead look at little details. Are the wheels turned in the direction he's about to go? You also start looking at the driver to see where he's looking, instead of just trusting his indicators...
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2013, 07:25 AM   #71
stev3n

Lining up at the checkout at woolies behind a lady, who is on the phone. The checkout person will say "that will be $xxx." Takes her time to finish call. Remove bag put in phone, throw bag over shoulder. Then watch the light bulb illuminate above her head, ahh thats right I'm going to have to pay for my purchase. Remove handbag from shoulder, proceed to rat through 15 kilos of crap to find purse. Re-position handbag on shoulder. Open purse to find card. Shut purse. The console operator says "do you have a rewards card?" Open purse again sift through 27 cards. "I know it's in here somewhere". Then phone rings, remove handbag from shoulder, sift through her bag again to find phone, put handbag over shoulder again.Yapping on the phone while looking for rewards card in purse with one hand. "here is the rewards card". Finally pay the bill. Replace cards in purse. remove handbag again, chuck in purse. handbag on shoulder. Continue yapping on phone, too busy to say "thanks" to checkout chick. Remove bag again, put in docket, repace bag. Look away from checkout while wingeing on phone, finish call, remove bag, put phone in, bag on again. I greet checkout person with a "hello" but she has no where to put my items as lady has not loaded her trolley.I load my trolley directly, instead of having my items placed where it is easy for the operator. So said lady loads trolley finally. She gives the operator an animal like grunt and an evil glare as if to say "Don't rush me".
At last she has gone or so you think.
I have cash out ready to pay. "do you have a rewards card?" I am asked. "No" I reply in a friendly tone. Collect my change, say "thank you, have a great day" and wander over to the smokes counter.
Guess who is at the smokes counter? She looked disturbed having to interrupt her phone call to tell the girl what type of smokes she was after. Too busy for a hello, a may or a please. Repeat entire payment performance. Again too busy on the phone to say "thanks". Heard her winging to someone on the phone that "no I can't do that there are not enough hours in the day".
Get my smokes with a please and thank you included and my shopping is complete.

I see her again in the car park. Guess who is too busy to push her trolley 12 metres over to the trolley storage area? Instead she spends 30 seconds positioning it in such a fashion that it wont start rolling down the slight hill at that precise moment.

I think a suitable punishment would be for her to be pulled aside and watch a video of her shopping performance over and over for a few hours. Then go and collect all of the trolleys that others are too busy to put in the holding bays.

I normally go shopping at 6am when there is no-one else around. A payment by cash only lane would be a plus.
stev3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 08-05-2013, 07:44 AM   #72
msman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
Blew another headlight on the Falcon yesterday.

So today I go to change it, its on the side with the airbox, beauty, easy to get to, simple just tke the cover off and change a single H4.

I get the cover off, I undo the little metal clip that is holding in the globe, and it falls off into the engine bay.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Such a pain in the *** to get it back on, you never can remember which way it came off and you spend the next 20 minutes fidgeting around behind there.
remove the screw that holds the clip in and put a small washer on it will stop the clip from ever coming off again. a bit more work in it but with a stubby screw driver and abit of care can be done without removing the lower airbox.
msman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #73
Spudz27
Call me Spud

I will add a new petty one. No work today but I managed to knee the front door and it feels like I bruised the bone, so I am hobbling around. Did the grocery shopping anyway. So get home, put the shopping away, make myself a really nice healthy lunch, kids are at school and think to myself "yep there is a few show on foxtel to catch up on"

So I proceed to the family room, sit down and get comfy, my knee is killing me putting any pressure on it. Take a bite of my lunch, grab the remote to the tele, only to find the kids turned the tv off at the tv. I have told them so many times not to, but today because of my knee was more annoying than usual.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:18 PM   #74
XHBrad

-Cracked my iphone screen three times in two months... Just superglued it up this time because im sick of it haha..
97 EL Ghia auto luxury, on it's guts
94 ED Futura 5 speed tucking with exhaust
97 XH ute, 5 speed with P-Plate spec exhaust
98 AU1 forte AU gheyness
XHBrad is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2013, 03:36 PM   #75
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Couldn't think of what to say in this thread, so I'll mention what I saw on my Facebook news feed.

It appears I've got a friend who's an anime lover and he shared some meme picture that says "Anime is not cartoons, when will people understand that!" I'm sorry but this is absolutely ridiculous! By definition it is freaking a cartoon!
Quote:
define: cartoon
1. A simple drawing showing the features of its subjects in a humorously exaggerated way, esp. a satirical one in a newspaper or magazine

2. A comic strip

3. A simplified or exaggerated version or interpretation of something
- this movie is a cartoon of rural life in America
- Dolores becomes a cartoon housewife, reading glossy magazines in a bathrobe

4. A motion picture using animation techniques to photograph a sequence of drawings rather than real people or objects

5. A full-size drawing made by an artist as a preliminary design for a painting or other work of art
And that above is exactly what anime/maga fits under. It's like saying "It's not a Ford, it's a Falcon". So anime is really a genre more than anything. Anyone who disputes this is delusional, enough said.

Hows that for first world problems
TC200six is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2013, 03:46 PM   #76
AU Mont
Banned

tossers that drive 40kph in a 60zone, then go even slower once they see you behind them.
AU Mont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2013, 04:43 PM   #77
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Hahahahahaha I blamed my kids for turning off the tv, it was their mother who did it.
6 users like this post:
Old 08-05-2013, 06:23 PM   #78
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

a fair while ago, when my eldest was living at home, there was a special on large screen plasma tv's so "self", I said, "self, I shall purchase two of these".....one for me, one for the boy!

unbeknown to me the two remotes worked on either tv unless otherwise programmed....I know as much about this stuff as I do about nuclear science

sitting in the easy chair one night enjoying watching the new idiot box it suddenly changed station....."strange" I say's and put it back, a few minutes later it did it again

3 times in total until i got up to see what i could see at the tv......turning round, after finding nothing amiss, I see my son, his remote in hand standing behind my chair laughing so hard he had tears running down his cheeks.

kids are buggers at times

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2013, 06:34 PM   #79
fgtpsi

The western ring road every day of the week.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:21 PM   #80
AJ09

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC200six View Post
Couldn't think of what to say in this thread, so I'll mention what I saw on my Facebook news feed.

It appears I've got a friend who's an anime lover and he shared some meme picture that says "Anime is not cartoons, when will people understand that!" I'm sorry but this is absolutely ridiculous! By definition it is freaking a cartoon!

And that above is exactly what anime/maga fits under. It's like saying "It's not a Ford, it's a Falcon". So anime is really a genre more than anything. Anyone who disputes this is delusional, enough said.

Hows that for first world problems
I've had this same conversation with my 14 year old Son!!
( 14 year old boys don't think too clearly anyway, so I'm sure you can guess how the conversation went)

My other "hate" ( aside from many I share with others in this thread)

Here's how it goes:

My Wife calls out and tells me something, usually from another room.
I don't hear her, therefore I'm accused of either not listening or being deaf.
Reverse the roles, and I'm then accused of "mumbling" or not speaking clearly!!!

We've been married over 10 years so obviously this is a battle I'm never going to win. I rest my case.......
AJ09 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 08-05-2013, 07:37 PM   #81
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post

unbeknown to me the two remotes worked on either tv unless otherwise programmed....I know as much about this stuff as I do about nuclear science
Back when I was still at uni and they had just bought out those 'remotes' that went with Apple MacBooks...

We, being I.T. students, quickly figured out that they worked on ALL MacBooks...

While I now feel like a complete and utter prat for even thinking it, at the time it was rather hilarious to watch people pull out their new shiny and suddenly erupt into a rage mid-lecture as these MacBooks shut down for no apparent reason, or the volume skyrocketed as they were watching something unrelated to the lecture... yeah... we were 'those kids'... *sigh*

@AK99,

I get the same thing, except mine decides just as I start to take a shower is THE BEST POSSIBLE TIME to engage me in our financial planning for the fortnight coming, then gets annoyed when I don't know which bills are coming out on what date at what time and why the train drivers cap is BLUE not RED traveling in a north/north-easterly direction at precisely 82km/h on the Cleveland line...

Also, cleaning MY car is me being obsessive... cleaner HER car is a necessity...

A bloke at work has a saying which I've now stolen: "I don't try to understand women... women understand women ...... and they all hate each other"
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real

Last edited by grandpa_spec_F6; 08-05-2013 at 07:43 PM.
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2013, 09:07 PM   #82
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty View Post

2011G6E, doing it tough sinck 2013! lol
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2013, 10:01 PM   #83
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As the saying goes; “Perth has the best weather in the world, except when we don’t.” Annual lashing winter storms these past two days, dark as your boot, wall od water sweeping down the road,
And ******* MORONS not putting on their lights.
And its ALWAYS the boring farts in their invisible mud-brown or silver cars. FFS if you are too stupid to use your lights, at least buy red cars.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:15 PM   #84
b2tf
not here much anymore

I effing hate idiots that drive in the right lane, or worse the ones that get right beside another car and stay there. I find myself purposely bulldozing them in the new ute - getting right up their date until they move over.

I hate head office. This is a generalised statement and anybody who has worked in a franchise or chain store will agree with me.

I hate my boss some days. Loosely related to the above.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:34 PM   #85
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i hate that !

Last edited by mik; 04-02-2014 at 12:39 PM.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 09-05-2013, 07:42 AM   #86
Autolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf View Post
I effing hate idiots that drive in the right lane, or worse the ones that get right beside another car and stay there. I find myself purposely bulldozing them in the new ute - getting right up their date until they move over.

I hate head office. This is a generalised statement and anybody who has worked in a franchise or chain store will agree with me.

I hate my boss some days. Loosely related to the above.
I hate tailgaters that can easily go around but decide to drive up your clacker to intimidate you. If im doing the speed limit (always) then back the hell off you idiot!
Autolite is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2013, 09:19 AM   #87
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

I hate when three low socio-economic thugs decide to harass my wife and son at the train station while waiting for me to come home.

They were lucky I wasn't there otherwise I wouldn't be posting this now from the comfort of my office chair.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:49 AM   #88
Alan D Segal
Call me 'Al'

Location: On a flattened-out cardboard box out the back behind the wheelie bins.
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Good contributor. 

I got another one because I'm a grumpy old bloke - All the bloody tom waterhouse ads when I'm trying to watch rugby league. Yes, you can bet on sport, but you don't have to and many football fans don't need to know what the ****ing odds are every add break.
Alan D Segal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 09-05-2013, 11:50 AM   #89
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Yeah, gambling ads are annoying. The BetFair one is particularly annoying - it makes it sound like placing a bet with them is a sure thing!

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2013, 09:37 PM   #90
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his contributions to the forum, especially showcased with his highly detailed AU build threads. He is a fountain of AU knowledge. 

I hate it when idiots see the gap I leave to the car in front as their chance to jump in front of me and occupy that gap. I'd hate to ride a bike or drive a truck these days.

I hate it when I'm minding my own business in the right lane doing about 5 kays more than the speed limit when a moron doing supersonic speeds is up my bumber all of a sudden and expects me to move. If you want to do 200 km/h, overtaking on the left lane won't get you in any extra trouble champ. Almost guranteed to be a 6 cyl old commodore, a little buzzbox or a female P plater too.

I hate it when you're second in line at the round about, and the car in front won't go even though there are no cars to give way to, and when you give them a tiny little beep you get the middle finger! Ah **** that makes me angry.

Driving is becoming very frustrating because of the increasing number of morons on the roads.
PridenJoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post